First Les Paul - Wow.

Mark-O

Man this thing is incredible! What a tone & sustain. I've been playing Ibanez pretty exclusively for 5 or 6 years, but I'm starting to wonder. Really brings out the best in the Road King.

It's a LP Standard with the faded satin finish & 60's neck. I've been eyeing one of these for months. I'm in love (':la:')
img_0895_190.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0895.jpg
    IMG_0895.jpg
    266.5 KB · Views: 1,537
i demand pictures of all the ibanezes!

i was originally an Ibanez guy... now i just have one Ibanez and a LP Deluxe...

T2Russo":0a7d5 said:
i demand pictures of all the ibanezes!

If you insist:

The JP7 is gone.
IMG_0861.jpg

replaced it with this:
IMG_0886.jpg

Have this on the way:
Full2.jpg

Then there's these (some overlap & the PGM 90th, LACSD Holofalsh and JCRG 21-A are gone)
IMG_0684.jpg

^ yeah, i would like to know that too.

awesome guitars you've got there. and congrats on adding more variety to it with the LP.

stanbog":963fc said:
^ yeah, i would like to know that too.

awesome guitars you've got there. and congrats on adding more variety to it with the LP.

RG 1077 XL baritone scale 7 string. It's actually Royal Blue.

I played the LP tonight and it crushed.

you must get birthday cards from ibanez ;)

yeah love my LP too -- got the slim taper neck which i really love :) -- what pu's does that one have?

cormac":44976 said:
you must get birthday cards from ibanez ;)

yeah love my LP too -- got the slim taper neck which i really love :) -- what pu's does that one have?

I sure as hell should - from Japan!

Burstbucker Pros in the LP. I like 'em.

Kind of a switch to 10 gauge strings as well - even with the shorter scale.

I'm slowly accepting that the only guitar I like playing (tone wise) is the Lester. I have an '04 Standard and just recently picked up a VOS 'R7 goldtop (best guitar I've ever played).

Craggin":50b27 said:
I'm slowly accepting that the only guitar I like playing (tone wise) is the Lester. I have an '04 Standard and just recently picked up a VOS 'R7 goldtop (best guitar I've ever played).

Yeah I'm surprised how quickly I've taken to it. It sounds so sweet in a live setting.

I'm not abandoning the Ibanez forest here just yet, but I can definitely see another LP in my future :D

Been to the HOG recently?

Mark-O":28263 said:

Yeah I'm surprised how quickly I've taken to it. It sounds so sweet in a live setting.

I'm not abandoning the Ibanez forest here just yet, but I can definitely see another LP in my future :D

Been to the HOG recently?

Funny you ask... :mrgreen: Where you from?????

I just bought this VOS 'R7 from them 2 weeks ago:
dad8c22e.jpg

Craggin":2d344 said:
Funny you ask... :mrgreen: Where you from?????

I just bought this VOS 'R7 from them 2 weeks ago:
dad8c22e.jpg

I love about 25 miles north of Syracuse. I was there (the HOG) about 2 weeks ago eyeballing a Roadster head. Man that gold top looks sweet. Not to mention the Splawn - is it a Quickrod?

Thanks...yep, it's the old version of the QR (I've got a new one on order as we speak).

2 weeks ago??? It wasn't on Sunday, was it? (That's when I got it.)

BTW, I love your rig!!!!

Craggin":9a169 said:
Thanks...yep, it's the old version of the QR (I've got a new one on order as we speak).

2 weeks ago??? It wasn't on Sunday, was it? (That's when I got it.)

BTW, I love your rig!!!!

Nice rig yerself. What are you gonna do with the old one :)

I've got a Mesa 2x12 I use when we play out and a TC G-System, which is nice but arguably the overkill unit of the century for me as I really only use a little delay & chorus here & there. But the lights are pretty.

Nope - I was there on the 15th. I was prepared to get an LP there, but they didn't have the one I wanted.

Ya, sorry about that. "Thought that you could tell what guitar I was talking about", since you only have a couple....j/k

"What kind of pickups on your Les Paul"?

I've been looking @ one myself to get.

ESL94":0a8f4 said:
Ya, sorry about that. "Thought that you could tell what guitar I was talking about", since you only have a couple....j/k

"What kind of pickups on your Les Paul"?

I've been looking @ one myself to get.

Burstbucker pros - they sound OK too.

Back