Hot Rodded Plexi tone, not TOO much compression, what is it?

East Coast represent y0!!!!! :D

Curt is on something and it is not Kool Aid............... :LOL: :LOL: He is feeling the heat since his Mojave partner in crime Pat has left him for a FENDER so he is a tad tense so I will let that mud sling of his slide this time :yes:

Well.................he is correct with me at least as I have dick knowledge of Jose mods :LOL: :LOL:

mightyjoeyoungxnj":3k7s3oqp said:
Hey dudes,

I'm still on the eternal tone search. I've concluded that I'm a Marshall guy. I love the midrange, punch, and bite. I'm going for a more hotrodded Plexi sound as opposed to a JCM 800. I currently practice with my band at an hourly space, but when we start gigging I want to be ready with an amp.

I want something with more gain than a stock Plexi, master volume, but still the feel and punch of the Plexi. I'm not into the voicing of the Splawns to be honest. I'd love a Cameron, but they seem to only pop up now and then.

Some possibilities:

-Roccaforte HG100
-Budda Superdrive 80

Insight, thoughts, and recommendations are appreciated!

-Joe

There was a Roccaforte HG100 in East Brunswick GC for $1000. That was a few weeks ago, give them a call to see if they still have it.

danyeo":1xqdnfkp said:
mightyjoeyoungxnj":1xqdnfkp said:
Hey dudes,

I'm still on the eternal tone search. I've concluded that I'm a Marshall guy. I love the midrange, punch, and bite. I'm going for a more hotrodded Plexi sound as opposed to a JCM 800. I currently practice with my band at an hourly space, but when we start gigging I want to be ready with an amp.

I want something with more gain than a stock Plexi, master volume, but still the feel and punch of the Plexi. I'm not into the voicing of the Splawns to be honest. I'd love a Cameron, but they seem to only pop up now and then.

Some possibilities:

-Roccaforte HG100
-Budda Superdrive 80

-Joe

There was a Roccaforte HG100 in East Brunswick GC for $1000. That was a few weeks ago, give them a call to see if they still have it.

That thing has been there at least 2 years now.

Digital Jams":2csskthl said:
East Coast represent y0!!!!! :D

Curt is on something and it is not Kool Aid............... :LOL: :LOL: He is feeling the heat since his Mojave partner in crime Pat has left him for a FENDER so he is a tad tense so I will let that mud sling of his slide this time :yes:

Well.................he is correct with me at least as I have dick knowledge of Jose mods :LOL: :LOL:

Scott,
All my Mojave bros left me, sah5150, Pat, Zachman and even billybogner, though still a Mojave owner is too busy having a life to join me on here so I am alone. Plus I barely even recognize billybogner anymore since he posts as mark k, or komanawannalayya or something like that.

danyeo":31voh662 said:
mightyjoeyoungxnj":31voh662 said:
Hey dudes,

Some possibilities:

-Roccaforte HG100
-Budda Superdrive 80

-Joe

Really?? Hmmm now.

I wouldn't mind a bit more compression guys. Maybe I overstated that I wanted little to no in my post. I could see myself playing something with a Soldano style gain.

-Joe

joey, I am having a dilemma like such, i have a few killer amps and went thru a bunch, splawn ordered a brand new nitro, sold it in a month, borrowed a quickrod...better still lacking saturation...I have a diamond phantom,diezel herbert,and a peavey 6505+ that i always go back to for band setting, but you have to check out ELMWOOD MODENA AMPS, i was digging last night, go to their web site and listen to the clips, esp the modena 60 martial allart one called tribal sword, that amp is what you are talking about, I am blown away by it, also check netmusicians.org for the modena clips their, and you tube... every where i go no matter which clip amazing, the cleans are just perfect sounding.

mightyjoeyoungxnj":1b6krjf7 said:
Wow, thanks for all the replies guys!

I forgot to mention that I got rid of the 800 but still have my Metro 50 watt build. If I could somehow hotrod this one, then maybe it would be a good solution.

In the meantime, I am going to soak in all the info that you guys have provided so far. I wonder if Bray would mod a Plexi clone such as mine. Hmmmm.

I'll look into Dave Friedman as well. thanks!

-Joe

If you have that amp and are going for pushed higher gain plexi tones, you are damn near there, bro. Just put a PPIMV in it and smack it with a good OD when you need it. Done. :thumbsup: Or if you can play it loud, leave out the MV and just crank it up. My Metro 50 watt sounds ungodly at loud levels with just a BB Pre in front. :rock:

Hey guys,

I'm actually quite happy with the Plexi and yes it is quite brutal cranked with a boost in front!

I'm also warming up to my Mesa F-100 with a boost. Man, that thing sounds great cranked. I was about to sell it too. The clean channel is awesome as well.

The next "Marshally" (if you would call it that), amp I will pick up will be a Soldano Avenger.

-Joe

FUZZboat":1kzwamvu said:
I doubt I'll ever get a cameron as well & got tired of the marshall mod hype real fast

this is the direction I went
http://www.overloud.com/media/common/nalbantov/Amp.mp3

just run my audio card out to my mixer and use two tube power amps in a wet/dry setup
:thumbsup:

these guys are on to something IMO
(they just released Ver1.1 which is a pretty killer [& Free!] update to V1.0)

More:
http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...ia/common/nalbantov/&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

That sounded pretty cool.

Sorry to be off topic, but I gotta give some credit to Steve on that amp. That thing is coming along nice Steve. I can't wait to hear that thing. :yes:

Back