Talk to me about speakers!

Sam Laming

I hear the new cabs have the G12K100s (I think...) and they sound killer but I wanted to consider my options, however, I don't know of many speakers besides the previous and V30s. I was contemplating ordering a 2x12 and having a G12k100 and maybe something else. My amp settings are as follows to give you tone preference ideas:

(Herbert, in "o'clocks")
Channel 1:

Treble:12
Middle:9
Bass:12

Channel 2:

Gain:12
Treble:3
Middle:Full

Channel 3:

Gain:1:30
Treble:full
Middle:full

:rock: However - just tell me of any interesting speakers and I shall be very greatful :yes:

Front loaded cabs use g12k100's......rear loaded cabs use the hemp cone speakers. This to our ears is far superior to anything else we have tried and we have tried them ALL. Peter nor myself are a fan of the vintage 30.

Gk100s and v30s in an X-pattern sound great in my rear-loaded diezel cab. I preferred that to all v30s and all gk100s.

G12K100 in a rear loaded cab is not our preference....

Hemp cone in the front loaded is not our preference....

Reverse those and you are golden :thumbsup:

mhenson42":ep26txgv said:
Gk100s and v30s in an X-pattern sound great in my rear-loaded diezel cab. I preferred that to all v30s and all gk100s.

:thumbsup: except for the rearloaded part ;)

Maybe I'll just settle for a pair of Gks in a 2x12 then? :LOL: :LOL: We've got seas upon seas of guitar amps, Bogner, Diezel, Marshall, Mesa, VHT, Krank, Randall, ENGL, Peavey... huge, huge amounts of choice, but are there that many different speakers out there?

Sam Laming":ga0xlm9w said:
Maybe I'll just settle for a pair of Gks in a 2x12 then? :LOL: :LOL: We've got seas upon seas of guitar amps, Bogner, Diezel, Marshall, Mesa, VHT, Krank, Randall, ENGL, Peavey... huge, huge amounts of choice, but are there that many different speakers out there?

Yes

There we go, there's something really interesting. Anyone else ever played these? Just youtubed them and the very first thing I got sounded excellent :thumbsup:

If you was talking about the cabs, you would say that :LOL: :LOL: I meant the speaker though, not sure about you... The cabs do look amazing though, 'specially that grade 5 Birdseye Maple one :yes:

The H75-100 watt scumbacks sound great. I have a 2x12 with one H-75 and one M-75 LDC both are 100 watters and the cab rocks.

Ive always had the best results mixing a British sounding lower wattage speaker for breakup and grit in the mids with an American sounding high wattage speaker for punch and clarity in the highs and lows.

Right now using an eminence wizard 75 watts and a swamp thing 150 watts in combination. absolutely punishing. and if your into ported cabs the Port city 2x12 OS will crush a buzzbomb.
:rock:

moltenmetalburn":3bvg62hs said:
Ive always had the best results mixing a British sounding lower wattage speaker for breakup and grit in the mids with an American sounding high wattage speaker for punch and clarity in the highs and lows.

Right now using an eminence wizard 75 watts and a swamp thing 150 watts in combination. absolutely punishing. and if your into ported cabs the Port city 2x12 OS will crush a buzzbomb.
:rock:
Are the port city cabs good for everything?

I use mine for metal so I can attest to that, and if you look for other reviews most people use them for other styles so Id have to say yes. I cant see it being wrong for any style. the companion port city amps are like fenders so the original intention was actually for that type of amp and the styles they afford.

no hate for the buzzbomb its a step above traditional designs but I find the Port city ever better than the earcandy.

Duolos":gmqbvobv said:
Front loaded cabs use g12k100's......rear loaded cabs use the hemp cone speakers. This to our ears is far superior to anything else we have tried and we have tried them ALL. Peter nor myself are a fan of the vintage 30.

This post is complete nonsense.

I know the above post is 8 years old... but just to clarify for any people reading/researching these old thread... Peter designed and tests the entire Diezel amp line around and with a V30 front loaded 4X12 Diezel cabinet. It's a complete falsehood to claim otherwise. Ask Peter himself.

This "Duolos" character was the former Diezel USA distributor whose "shady" business practices caused him to lose the distributorship. Please disregard all posts from Terry Hicks aka "Duolos".

Wizard of Ozz":8rg22iiu said:
Duolos":8rg22iiu said:

This post is complete nonsense.

I know the above post is 8 years old... but just to clarify for any people reading/researching these old thread... Peter designed and tests the entire Diezel amp line around and with a V30 front loaded 4X12 Diezel cabinet. It's a complete falsehood to claim otherwise. Ask Peter himself.

This "Duolos" character was the former Diezel USA distributor whose "shady" business practices caused him to lose the distributorship. Please disregard all posts from Terry Hicks aka "Duolos".

Sort of...

Duolos IS the dickhead ex diezel distro dude. The statement about Peter not liking the V30 is BS, Diezel has ALWAYS been available with them.

In 2009 (around this time) I spent a day at the Diezel booth in the UK at Download. The K100 WERE front loaded and the TT Hemp WERE rear then. I know because I went home and installed hempcones to match after trying all the cabs over and over.

The K100 is a better "stand alone" speakers for 1 by 12 or 2 by 12 speaker cabs.
It´s also great for combos. In a 4 by 12 I like it because it has less compression
concerning the 2 inch coil and wattage. It´s a focussed midrange speaker
which is perfect for the mids. Had it for a long time in my cab under the workbench.

The V30 is better for "old" ears and has a faster response because of it´s
smaller coil. Don´t like them in combos.

Overall it depends on the wood and construction of your cab.
Since i love to riffing for demos the V30 fits me perfect.

Peter

Peter Diezel":2eaq2exx said:
The K100 is a better "stand alone" speakers for 1 by 12 or 2 by 12 speaker cabs.
It´s also great for combos. In a 4 by 12 I like it because it has less compression
concerning the 2 inch coil and wattage. It´s a focussed midrange speaker
which is perfect for the mids. Had it for a long time in my cab under the workbench.

The V30 is better for "old" ears and has a faster response because of it´s
smaller coil. Don´t like them in combos.

Overall it depends on the wood and construction of your cab.
Since i love to riffing for demos the V30 fits me perfect.

Peter

The master has spoken. :worship: :worship: :worship:

I completely agree. I love the sound of a Diezel with the V30 FL 4X12.

Let's hear it for our "old ears" and fast response. :rock:

You da man Peter. :D :thumbsup:

Back