Edwards Les Paul Custom arrived

4nkam

....and with its arrival, another superb deal on HC comes to a close. Thanks to Dale B for a sweet deal and killer guitar...

Ok, so this more along the lines of "it's here, here are some pix, and initial thoughts" type of thang. Better pix and more in depth stuff later...

I was watching tv with mah dawgs on tha couch when I heard a slight noise from my porch followed by the doorbell ringin. When I opened it up, the ups duder was already taking off.

It was a bit of a guessing game until I saw the truck, cuz I am also expecting my rack wah to arrive today. Anyway...I took it in and proceeded to tear through the box like a semi-madman and what was inside?

2.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

4.jpg

3.jpg

7.jpg

Initial thoughts and reactions to this bad boy is that it is a keeper for sure. I really REALLY dig it a lot. The finish is great, I can't find anything wrong or out of place. The binding looks a tiny bit lighter in a few spots, but that's nothing.

The binding itself is really great, all around top notch and pretty neatly done. Frets are nice, medium jumbos I guess? They're not extra jumbos, haha. But they feel great and the ebony board is suhmoooooooooooooth yo :love:

The neck profile is 1 11/16 and I guess similar to gibson 59 style...which is almost pushing the limits for me most of the time because yes, I have slightly smaller hands, haha. But it's cool, it's comfortable and I'm sure it'll be fine once I get used to playing it a bit more.

Hardware looks sweet, feels good, no problems there...

The pickups are duncans, 59 in the neck and JB in the bridge and also happen to be my personal fave :) And how do they sound? All I gotta say is, I thought about changing them out to EMGs...well, $%#@ EMGs, haha :p Seriously, this bad boy sounds friggin HUGE. Super tight, thick, heavy and just all around beastly through my recto/marshall 4x12.

If you have any specific questions or pic requests, feel free to throw em out there :thu:

mJ

Looks sweet, and I'll bet it sounds just as good with that SD set installed. 8)

OT from your post, just wanted to make note that this forum looks pretty cool, and the smileys are like those at the sherdog.net mixed martial arts forums. Nice place. 8) Things are usually really slow at HC during parts of the weekend, but I'll put the new link in my sig over there.

Sorry for the aside, and now I'm jonesing for a Gibson (or an Edwards ~ :wink: ). :p

That headstock pic just looks perfect. Great pictures.

How does the pickup selector feel? Does it feel like it may need eventual replacement or is it just fine?

Dude, how many guitars do you own??? I swear, you must have atleast 20. Hows that Agile 7 string coming along?

bikescene":d4f07 said:
That headstock pic just looks perfect. Great pictures.

How does the pickup selector feel? Does it feel like it may need eventual replacement or is it just fine?

The switch feels fine, the rest of the hardware is good stuff too :)

mJ

diocide":b7f79 said:
Dude, how many guitars do you own??? I swear, you must have atleast 20. Hows that Agile 7 string coming along?

Actually I'm only down to a couple right now, I'm rebuilding the collection :D

The agile is still here and it's still pretty sweet. i wish there was a 6 string version though...and neckthrough, haha.

mJ

For those of you who have played the Edwards guitars, how do they compare (soundwise) to a Gibby LP or an ESP Eclipse? I have heard a few people say that they sound more like an ESP and less like a "real" Les Paul.
Also, how close do their Custom models come to the 'fretless wonder' feeling? I know there are a variety of different Customs available from Edwards, so any info is appreciated!
Thanks guys!
-Jesse

This one has a JB in the bridge (4 conductor) and a 59 in the neck (single conductor), which happen to be my fave combo too :)

mJ

Here's a quick pic of the edwards lp's neck profile directly under the 1st fret. Obviously it's not "exact" :)
1.jpg

2.jpg

mJ

Back