WOT: The Raccoon Saga Continues?

amiller

Some of you may remember a thread I started about raccoons in my attic. Well, the other night there was a loud noise coming from behind the attic door...sounded like viscious animals fighting. When the noise calmed down a bit I opened the door to see what the heck was going on. I saw two raccoons. One of em ran and hide. The other one, about 8 feet away from me, looked at me for a moment and then charged at me. Holy shit!!! This thing is huge, about 30 lbs. It was growling like a damned little demon bear running right at me with teeth flashing. I jumped back just as it pulled up short and went back to the other side of the attic. It growled a few more times and the retreated back in the attic where I couldn't see.

That's it damn it!!! I tried trapping the sons-a-bitches for several months now with no luck. Tonight I go to the local gun store and get me a .177 1500 fps pellet gun and I'm going on safari. I've had it. I'd get a .22 cal pellet gun but they're illegal in my state. I figure at 8 feet with 1500 fps it'll be enough.

Sorry animal lovers... :gethim: :gethim: :gethim:

Pellet gun huh? and when it charges you are going to hit it good enough to drop it where it stands huh??

Good luck bro!!!!!!!

:hys: :hys: :checkthisout: :worship: :uzi: :powpow: :codeak: :cheers2:

You've got to ask yourself - WWTND (what would the Nuge do?).

Loincloth and a hunting knife should be all you need bro... :thumbsup: :LOL: :LOL:

pellet gun???

whatever happened to good ol' fashioned wrastling with them?

Winner takes all! Loser gets rabies!

Lution":15m86ulx said:
pellet gun???

whatever happened to good ol' fashioned wrastling with them?

Winner takes all! Loser gets rabies!

Ha! I was picturing Thunder Dome 2 go in.. 1 comes out!

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems. I said it before, but I'll say it again...

-Left hand = Beer!
-Right hand = Wiffle Bat!

....reeeeaaaadyyyy...aaaaaaannd...GO!

I'd try trapping it (use some gas station nachos, that is according to the show Exterminators :LOL: :LOL: ) or, as a last straw, using some strictnine laced hamburger to kill it. I've only encountered a few racoons in my life, and I don't think any of them would have been brought down that easily with a pellet gun. Oh well, whatever happens I wish you the best of luck in getting it out of your house and not being hurt in the process.

The average pellet gun has a muzzle velocity of about 450 fps. The standard muzzle velocity of a .22 cal rifle has a muzzle velocity of about 1200 fps. The pellet gun I just bought has a muzzle velocity of 1500 fps with lead free pellets and 1200 fps with the heavier lead pellets. These raccoons usually sit about only 10' away on the other side of the attic. I don't think I'll have much of an issue.

More to come... :LOL: :LOL:

amiller":3i9msuzg said:
The average pellet gun has a muzzle velocity of about 450 fps. The standard muzzle velocity of a .22 cal rifle has a muzzle velocity of about 1200 fps. The pellet gun I just bought has a muzzle velocity of 1500 fps with lead free pellets and 1200 fps with the heavier lead pellets. These raccoons usually sit about only 10' away on the other side of the attic. I don't think I'll have much of an issue.

More to come... :LOL: :LOL:

Put a little dish of children's tylenol up there first. Get them to slow down a bit before you start shooting up the place. :LOL: :LOL:

Let me just say that if you somehow miss or don't kill it, and you get into a scrap with that 30lb. racoon, you'll end up winning if you're determined, but that rascal is going to bring *some* pain that you won't forget. Whatever you do, make sure you don't end up wrasslin' with it.

Bob Savage":3vruggig said:
Let me just say that if you somehow miss or don't kill it, and you get into a scrap with that 30lb. racoon, you'll end up winning if you're determined, but that rascal is going to bring *some* pain that you won't forget. Whatever you do, make sure you don't end up wrasslin' with it.

I hear you and I have NO intention of "wrasslin'" wit dat critter...I saw it's teeth...yikes. Usually, they stay on the other side of the attic. If it does come my way, I have a 7' metal poll that I'll use until it gets to da utter side o da attic. Once it's on the other side of the attic it usually just sits there eyeballing me...dats when I plan on doing the deed. :gethim: :scared: :LOL: :LOL:

amiller":1r7srncv said:
I hear you and I have NO intention of "wrasslin'" wit dat critter...I saw it's teeth...yikes. Usually, they stay on the other side of the attic. If it does come my way, I have a 7' metal poll that I'll use until it gets to da utter side o da attic. Once it's on the other side of the attic it usually just sits there eyeballing me...dats when I plan on doing the deed. :gethim: :scared: :LOL: :LOL:

Try not to create any pellet sized roof leaks. ;)

Back