WOT: The Raccoon Saga Continues?

Bulletin update:

The gun came with a really cool scope. I spent about a 1/2 hour site’n the scope in for the 10' distance. I got pretty close but realized at the short range I'd have to aim a little high. I went into the attic with my flash light to see if I needed to site it in a little more. My plan was to find an old box or something in the attic to use as a target.

I opened the door and damn...the raccoon runs across the attic...scared the crap out of me 'cause I just wasn't expecting to see it right away. Anyway, it stopped about 15' away and then decided to charge me again. I aimed the rifle and it backed down and moved about 10' away and sat there looking at me. I thought to myself...now's a good a time as any. I took a deep breath, sited in, let the breath out and squeezed the trigger.

Shit, the raccoon DROPPED like a sack of potatoes...DEAD, DONE, NO MORE...THIS IS AN X RACCOON!!! :gethim:

Actually, I don't feel real good about it, however, for the safety of my own pets, house and family...it was for the best.

I'll check the attic every night to see if there are any more of the critters. After I'm sure there are no more adults up there and I feel that it's safe, I'll do a through search to make sure there are no little ones hidden some where.

Success…with mixed feelings. :no:

you sighted the scope in for 10 feet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: that is classic. do you know how to use a weedeater? :D

Holy shit what kind of pellet gun did you buy?!?!?!?!!?

It had to be done so dont be hard on yourself, I had to kill one that would not leave my garage one winter and was afraid the dog would tangle with it.

I had more than a pellet gun though................you the man!

Al,
You got to have someone follow you with a video cam when you do this. I'm getting my pop corn ready to watch it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Cheers,
Mike

FortinAmps":3gll1st8 said:
Al,
You got to have someone follow you with a video cam when you do this. I'm getting my pop corn ready to watch it :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
Cheers,
Mike

Mike, read several posts up.....it is done
:LOL: :LOL:

Digital Jams":9tl2qug5 said:
FortinAmps":9tl2qug5 said:
Al,
Cheers,
Mike

Mike, read several posts up.....it is done
:LOL: :LOL:

Damn, I should of read the whole thread :doh: Well, the seeds of hate are now planted so maybe his big brother will show up...then he'll have to tape that one :LOL: :LOL:

Years ago when I was a kid, we had a opossum take up residence in our attic. When you opened the door to the garage/laundry room, it would run to the edge of the attic and hiss at you like a little vampire. I thought it was funny, but it would scare the crap out of my mom.

Dad didn't want to climb up there, so he took some thick PVC pipe (4 feet or so long) and ran a noose through it. waited by the door for mom to open it up, opossum ran to the edge and hissed at her, dad got the noose around the opossum's neck. :D

He pulled the noose tight so the critter's neck was against the pvc pipe and it was trapped, then walked out to the side of the house. held the pipe and noose with one hand, and pulled a handgun (I think a .38) out of his waistband.

Shot the little bastard in the head execution style out in the yard. :)

My old man is 69 now and not what he used to be, but I still think he could take me in a fight.

Pete

amiller":1bqsvp5r said:
Bulletin update:

The gun came with a really cool scope. I spent about a 1/2 hour site’n the scope in for the 10' distance.

10 feet? Is this a current pic of you?

magoo.jpg

SHAWN":25ulya4v said:
you sighted the scope in for 10 feet :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: that is classic. do you know how to use a weedeater? :D

Hmmm...I might not know how to use a weedeater but it looks like I sure as hell know to use a rife...da raccoon is DEAD...ONE SHOT!!! :LOL: :LOL:

Besides, it's pretty dark in the attic, the scope has illuminated cross hairs and I had fun using it. :D

stratotone":3500acjs said:
amiller":3500acjs said:
Bulletin update:

The gun came with a really cool scope. I spent about a 1/2 hour site’n the scope in for the 10' distance.

magoo.jpg

Hell no...those glasses are not nearly thick enough. :LOL: :LOL: Besides, I had lasik surgery a few years ago. :LOL: :LOL:

amiller":2s18w0pc said:
stratotone":2s18w0pc said:
amiller":2s18w0pc said:
Bulletin update:

magoo.jpg

Hell no...those glasses are not nearly thick enough. :LOL: :LOL: Besides, I had lasik surgery a few years ago. :LOL: :LOL:

:) You got the job done, that's what matters. Have you checked the attic for any other signs of critters? One type of animal will attack like that one did... they are called mothers. I'd make sure I didn't have a Racoon Daycare in my attic.

Pete

stratotone":7u8sb6lm said:
amiller":7u8sb6lm said:
stratotone":7u8sb6lm said:
amiller":7u8sb6lm said:
Bulletin update:

magoo.jpg

:) You got the job done, that's what matters. Have you checked the attic for any other signs of critters? One type of animal will attack like that one did... they are called mothers. I'd make sure I didn't have a Racoon Daycare in my attic.

Pete

Well, I know there was at least one other adult up there a few days ago when the two of them were fighting like crazy. And yes, I agree, it could have been a mother. I'll do a through search when I'm sure all of the adults are...ahhh...gone. :gethim: :LOL: :LOL:

:thumbsup: Good job Brah. I had a tangle with a rabbid posseum or correctly spelled oposseum a couple of summers ago. The thing was as big as a dog and it ran after my wife in the yard late one nite. As she got into thge house it crashed into the closed storm glass door. :LOL: :LOL: She called me to come home and called the local police. :confused: I get there the two cops are argueing who is gonna deal with the creature. So I took an aluminium baseball bat, 34 inch long if my memory is still good and walked down to where it was sitting in front of my garage right in the middle of the spot the flood light bulbs were illuminating. I started actually talking to it. I was telling it" I really need you to go the hell on so I don't gotta hurt ya. " The friggin cops were laughing it up and my wife and those cops were standing at the top of the drive way feeling all safe. So MR.Aggresive lunges at me and bites the side of my leg right at the ankle. :cry: I had steel toe work boots on so as I jumped back a step before I realized It , I lost it and went MID-EVIL BULLISTIC on the crazed posseum. I did not stop until I felt better and I remember the two cops standing at the top of the driveway acting like they were gonna be sick. :LOL: :LOL: Funny as hell. weak as hell also. Then they had a 5 minute discussion on who was gonna put the remains in the trunk of which of them's police cruiser. Gheez! A regular pair of teenage crybabies. :LOL: :LOL: I also felt a touch bad a little later but when that moment came at the time, F'k it I just got shit done. Hey I did warn the fat little bastard. :LOL: :LOL: ;)

HOLLYWOOD":3di92f3m said:
:thumbsup: Good job Brah. I had a tangle with a rabbid posseum or correctly spelled oposseum a couple of summers ago. The thing was as big as a dog and it ran after my wife in the yard late one nite. As she got into thge house it crashed into the closed storm glass door. :LOL: :LOL: She called me to come home and called the local police. :confused: I get there the two cops are argueing who is gonna deal with the creature. So I took an aluminium baseball bat, 34 inch long if my memory is still good and walked down to wher it was sitting in front of my garage right in the middle of the spot the flood light bulbs were illuminating. I started actually talking to it. I was telling it" I really need you to go the hell on so I don't gotta hurt ya. " The friggin cops were laughing it up and my wife and those cops were standing at the top of the drive way feeling all safe. So MR.Aggresive lunges at me and bites the side of my leg right at the ankle. :cry: I had steel toe work boots on so as I jumped back a step before I realized It , I lost it and went MID-EVIL BULLISTIC on the crazed posseum. I did not stop until I felt better and I remember the two cops standing at the top of the driveway acting like they were gonna be sick. :LOL: :LOL: Funny as hell. weak as hell also. Then they had a 5 minute discussion on who was gonna put the remains in the trunk of which of them's police cruiser. Gheez! A regular pair of teenage crybabies. :LOL: :LOL: I also felt a touch bad a little later but when that moment came at the time, F'k it I just got shit done. Hey I did warn the fat little bastard. :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sounds like you did what you had to do. I felt bad at first but not so much now. The damn things were starting to take over my house. I tried live traps for months with no luck...smart bastids the kept stealing
the bait and springing the traps but never got caught. I finally just had enough of it. :gethim:

Oh, it was not until a good bit later that I realized the bite did not make it past my boot . :scared: So I got lucky . The rabies series of shots are pretty painful. That sux! So be careful. ;)

Hey you and I both have a Rocket fuel pedal. We could have ran that pedal in front of a solid state POS small combo amp and played it in front of the little aggrivating fellows wide open and the crummy fizz coming from the combo amps would pulverize them. :yes: :LOL: :LOL: But then again, that's in-humane. Killing them was a whole lot nicer. :thumbsup:

Back