"Popular" Diezel users - past and present

I commend Trent Reznor for his non-establishment approach to fan-base/worldly success and music dissemination as of late.

Internet all the way - screw the suits at the companies! :rock:

V.

well then create a label yourself. It's not very hard, just some legal stuff to take care.

once again, it's all about marketing yourselves as much as you can, specially on the web.

one thing to REALLY Think about:

FREE music

seriously.... selling a CD for 12 bucks as a starting band might me too much for someone right now. give the music for free and make your money on the road. Obviously offer the CD at a higher quality for some cash (I'd go lower than 12.. how many songs are there on the CD? I'd charge 1 euro a song so 10 songs = 10 euros, if you have more than 10 songs make em so that the whole CD is NOT more than 10 euros. But you can offer half of the songs on the CD for FREE through download only and in a lowerquality (myspace quality for example). Believe me if people like the music they downloaded for free and they will pay to hear the rest of the album and specially at a higher quality.

Have cool little merchandise to sell at the gigs such as t-shirts and stuff.

another cool thing to do is include an Bonus download for people that buy the album, that bonus could have 5 extra songs that are not on the album, or even better 3 extra original songs NOT on the album AND 3 or 4 COOL ASS covers by your band. I doubt you'll get into trouble with said bands because you're not cashing in on them, you're giving them for free (of course as a free bonus for the people that buy the CD). You could make this bonus studio quality, or as a live recording (I'd do the originals as a recording, and the covers live, that way people can familiarize with how you play live and know what to expect when they go to a live show)

there are TONS of great marketing strategies man, honestly you don't need the record deal as much as you thing, or anybody things.

Of course the DIY route has a bit of a "limit" but when you hit that limit recording companies will be fighting to sign you, and you'll make your demands. What else could you loose at that point? loosing the signing opportunity? fuck them, you keem on the DIY route then.

Well, we have already done most of the stuff you recommend. We have recorded two demo records plus two extra demo songs you could get for free until we released the album.
The album is professionally recorded, produced and comes with a 8 page booklet and was produced by a professional CD maker company. It has 10 tracks and costs 10€ plus shipping which is fair imo. Three tracks are available as download from our website and on myspace. Additionally we have shirts, buttons and stickers. Everything is sold at gigs, through our own website and another shop.
Still it is very hard to sell the stuff. People come to our concerts and like our music but it is a success if we are able to sell more than a handful of shirts or CDs. It seems that people aren't willing to pay for music anymore. I thought that especially with metal people still like to buy CDs but I guess I was mistaken.
Don't get me wrong, we have fun with what we are doing and that won't change.

Mark Tremonti is in the studio right now tracking the new Creed record and doing so with the VH4/Herbert and also using the G12K100 front loaded Diezel cabs. :thumbsup:

Duolos":pndot5yl said:
Mark Tremonti is in the studio right now tracking the new Creed record and doing so with the VH4/Herbert and also using the G12K100 front loaded Diezel cabs. :thumbsup:

Great news :thumbsup: Although I must admit that I liked Alter Bridge a little better than Creed I'm really looking forward to their new record :rock:

Jaymz82":2gp6arg7 said:
Duolos":2gp6arg7 said:

Great news :thumbsup: Although I must admit that I liked Alter Bridge a little better than Creed I'm really looking forward to their new record :rock:

Agreed...Alter Bridge is much better then Creed. Mark and Myles will be on board for the next Alter Bridge record as well :thumbsup:

duesentrieb":1gumsxth said:
When my rearloaded 4x12" arrives, can the webmaster put my name and my new VH4 to that list? :LOL: :LOL:

I was reading down the list and saw that Olaf's name was not on it, and I was going to ask that he be placed on it.
And lest we forget, the guitarist in the band Boys Voice!
His name needs to go on the list...preferably at the top of it. :thumbsup: :rock:

scottph":4a3jlzk8 said:
Sure...if you give me his name and the amp he plays... ;)

The guitarist from Boys Voice is Peter Diezel! :thumbsup: Seriously! But I'm sure you already knew that Scott. hehe
He must be at the very tip-top of the list...really! :yes:
Well, Peter is known to play the VH4, Herbert, Einstein, Schmidt, and soon Hagen, Lucy...shall I keep going?! ;)

Stephen

;)

No record-contract, no entry. :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, I don't think Peter needs to see his name on that list...I mean he designs and builds those monsters. :thumbsup:

what about me? the only reason because we dont have a label-contract is becasue we denied the offers. :D

(f*** this "ready to drop everthing"-bullshit, i'm not 18 anymore)

and what about me? :cry: :gethim: i dont know why i dissapeared from the diezel site...i am playing herberts for 5 years, and so on :rock: ,

peter, dont forget me :cry: :emofag: :emofag:

bye! :thumbsup:

Back