"Popular" Diezel users - past and present

scottph":20v4xbpx said:
johnnyjellybean":20v4xbpx said:
scottph":20v4xbpx said:
Hey Steve, maybe a stupid question, but do you play in a band and record with the VH4?

I am producing records for indie artists (along with a couple of well known Quebec artists)
Yes I record with the VH4 but I am not in any band right now. I also still do a fair amount of session work for other producers as a guitar player.

Alright Steve. Just to make sure: Steve Segal is actually your name...

@bimbam: TL added. ;)

That's my name!

scottph":2e7sj4gx said:
Are you positive?

On the Steve Wilson thing, yes, I am.

He has mentioned it in several articles I've read. It's a VH4.

Plus, you can hear it all over their new album.

edited the title to "past and present", deleted two posts (by Scott and Bato - PM me if you have questions about that).

I hope that solves the issues.

scottph":3e3bwrez said:
Local acts - Germany/Austria:
Johannes Halbig, Killerpilze (Dillingen:) Einstein, Herbert
Katharina Seitz, Debbie rockt!: Herbert
Oliver Varga, Christina Stürmer Band: Herbert
Tom Riepl - VH4
Oli(ver) Schmidt, Letzte Instanz: Herbert

That's not too many... :) But i guess i won't get an Amp for free, even if i ask nicely, will i?! 8)

scottph":1tqbijnb said:
About the second part: I don't think so. :D

haha, yeah, as is thought... but honestly: I'd love to use a Diezel, especially since the Herbie blew me away while recording my bands' CD recently, but i can't afford one... that sucks big time. But i'll let you know if i somehow get my hands on one... so you can put my name on to that "Local-Acts-list" maybe ;)

scottph":2r187rwt said:
Added, but I need your name for the listing. :)

haha, great. :D "Dave Mola" is my real name, thank you sir!

Though it's only half true... well, i used a Herbie in the Studio but don't own one myself... anyway, cool to be on the list, thanks ;)

EDIT: And i think you should definitely add Phil (don't know his full name) from "Defy the laws of Tradition" to the list. They are a kickass-band from Nuremberg and he plays a VH4. Check them out here: https://www.myspace.com/defytheweb

One of my favourite fusion guitarist, Brett Garsed used a VH-4 about 1998. There was a video on YT where he played 'and then a crow came out' with TJ Helmerich, which is my fav. song, but I can't find it right now..

I'm cautious now to add "famous" people who "used to play" a Diezel...waiting for input by Peter/Olaf if I should add Brett...

... :no: dont fotget me please....7 years playing herberts....
and now preparing a mega tour with my band sôber...2 herberts kickin some *ss

best :rock:

Back