Ibanez TS9 Vs. Maxon VOP9 Vs. Fulltone FD2 MOSFET

Crunch Master

I'm really loving my TS9, but I'm looking for an upgrade if possible. These are the only 2 other pedals I'm really interested in right now.

If you can help me compare and contrast these three pedals I'd really appreciate it!

Maxon rules. I have 4 Maxon overdrive pedals and have used them for years. Neither the Ibanez or Fulltone can beat the VOP9. In fact, the VOP9 is just an OD820 in a smaller casing. I have both a VOP9 and an OD820. They sound the same. I've been back and forth with the Fulldrive II mosfet over the years, and while it's an impressive pedal, I would NEVER prefer it over the VOP9.

I've heard people say it's a Klon Centaur killer. I know Klons are extremely good pedals but I'm so satisfied with my Maxons that I never bother seeking out another OD. Very awesome pedals. Check out the Maxon AD999 analog delay too, it's one of the best.

I'd take the Maxon or Fulltone of those three. I get sick of the TS9 quite often, and then I'll go back to it after awhile...meh, they're ok.
FWIW, this is one of the best boosts I've ever used. Sounds great on most amps I've tried it with:
image.php

The clean boost (left) side of the pedal pushes an overdriven amp into heaven! Compared the TS9, it doesn't have as much nasally bite to it, but it comes through just as clear, just in a more pleasant sounding way. Also, tons of eq onboard plus a switch that applies more/less compression and saturation.
This pedal is great for silky, compressed leads over your amp's clean channel also.

sixstrings":1duxok1t said:
Maxon rules. I have 4 Maxon overdrive pedals and have used them for years. Neither the Ibanez or Fulltone can beat the VOP9. In fact, the VOP9 is just an OD820 in a smaller casing. I have both a VOP9 and an OD820. They sound the same. I've been back and forth with the Fulldrive II mosfet over the years, and while it's an impressive pedal, I would NEVER prefer it over the VOP9.

I've heard people say it's a Klon Centaur killer. I know Klons are extremely good pedals but I'm so satisfied with my Maxons that I never bother seeking out another OD. Very awesome pedals. Check out the Maxon AD999 analog delay too, it's one of the best.

Have you compared the VOP9/OD820 to the Maxon OD9, OD808, or Ibanez TS9?

Back