Dokken: Santa Claus is Coming to Town

Heard that on the radio the other day. I had no idea who it was until I heard the guitar solo and it was textbook George Lynch...

Is it a new thing, or old Dokken thing? I've never heard it before.

jaybird":3fvw37bu said:
samhill":3fvw37bu said:
The funny thing is it's not Lynch.

Mark

My guess is Norum or Levin.

It's Jon Levin. Lots of recycled licks off of the "Lightning Strikes Again" album (check this album out when you get a chance, BTW; great playing by Levin). Pretty cool nonetheless!

Lord Toneking":xlfew55b said:
Wow!....Jon Levin is better at George Lynch than George Lynch :confused:

Yup, i have been thinking the same thing since i heard the Dokken - Lightning Strikes Again CD :D :LOL: :LOL: :rock:

Neat. Though my fave rocker Christmas cover is Dee Snider and Lita Ford doing "I'll be Home for Christmas".

cool...i like it :yes: funny thing,Jon Levin does play old Lynch Dokken licks better than Lynch himself these days :confused: :doh: seen Dokken w/Levin a few times in the last couple of years and really enjoyed the show :rock:

...oh and look,this was my 666th post on RT :scared: woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! suppose "beelzebub" will be comin over to my house tonite to hang out...better get the chips 'n salsa ready :LOL: :LOL:

I like the comments on the KNAC forum...."Don and Santa have something in common, they both wear hats all the time" :LOL: :LOL:

Guitar was good. I swore it was George, but everywhere I've read has mentioned Jon Levin.

Can anyone send the tabs to this song. This song is great and I want to show my 11 year old how to play the song less the solo for his school talent show.

Regards,

Mark

Here's Nightwish' bassist Marco Hietala singing this traditional Finnish christmas song:

It's not Lynch? Wow... whoever it was then does a perfect Lynch at his peak. I thought it was great.

Back