Mesa Mark III stripes....

I have been watching them for the past couple weeks....
Anywhere from 650 to 1200....
Pretty broad range on them.
Guess pending on the seller or the mods on the amp??

I had a IV for a while. I miss it. Been looking at Mark IIIs for a few months now. Trying to move my Stiletto. But I really dig the Stiletto. I dont know what to do :doh:

Motorpud":xq3rx502 said:
I also think I read they're the only ones with simul class....I think.

No, the Simul-Class Green stripes have the outer "Class A" sockets wired up in Pentode. All of the Simul-Class revisions preceding the Green stripe had the outer sockets wired up in Triode.

Dale B":1v3jxfue said:
Motorpud":1v3jxfue said:
I also think I read they're the only ones with simul class....I think.

No, the Simul-Class Green stripes have the outer "Class A" sockets wired up in Pentode. All of the Simul-Class revisions preceding the Green stripe had the outer sockets wired up in Triode.

Well, then I stand corrected. I wasn't 100% sure though, thanks for chiming in to help a brother out. :LOL: :LOL:

Motorpud":qx3qj9ir said:
I researched the markIIIs a while back, that's when I found that link and saved it for references. I also read that the green stripes are practically markIVs, well as close as you can get while still being a markIII :LOL: :LOL: . I also think I read they're the only ones with simul class....I think.

On the MKIII's, Simul-Class was a factory option, as was-- Reverb, EQ, Variable power transformer, combo, head, Cream Tolex and/or Wood/Wicker shell, and a 15" speaker was also an option for the combos.

Motorpud":395hb1ba said:
Man, I don't remember how many watts the coliseums are but I think they're something outrageous like 180 watts :shocked: Im pretty sure that's a great deal, I just saw another thread and they were talking about how the coliseums are somewhat rare and they only made a few hundred or something.

Correct, 180 Watts and they made approximately 200 MKIII Coliseums

Here are a couple of MKIII Simul-Class Coliseum Clips

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/14-whitesnake_Mark_III.mp3

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/92-01 Zach movie weirdness legato.mp3

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/87-02-The Grass is lookin greener.mp3

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/4-04-U & I.mp3

This thread is were I'am at at the moment. Going to look at a red stripe in mint condition today. All I can say is I want some( boogie back in the heard) and I am really thinking about the new dual recto to.

You're looking a little too late. About a month or two ago, my bandmate and a buddy across town were both selling near mint Mark III Blue Stripes in the $750 range... :yes:

My red stripe Mark III is damn nice. Keeps up with my Herbert with no problems. Having played a few different stripes, I think the differences tend to be a little exaggerated. That's not to say they aren't different, but they are very subtle differences and there hasn't been a dramatic difference between them to my ear.

There was a couple of good deals on ebay this past weekend.
All gone within 24 hours! :doh:

Just have to keep watching.

I just bought a blue stripe mkIII coliseum today....Im also looking at a mkIII red stripe that just rips like nobodys business!..I havent played the coli. yet, so when i get it, if i dont like it, I will buy the red stripe and sell the coli.......I can tell you this, having previously owned 3 mkivs, 1 mkIII, a quad pre and thier poweramps...if youre looking for that Night ranger, Whitesnake, Stryper,early Metallica type sound.the mk series does it very, very well.......

Little B":r17iwfou said:
I just bought a blue stripe mkIII coliseum today....Im also looking at a mkIII red stripe that just rips like nobodys business!..I havent played the coli. yet, so when i get it, if i dont like it, I will buy the red stripe and sell the coli.......I can tell you this, having previously owned 3 mkivs, 1 mkIII, a quad pre and thier poweramps...if youre looking for that Night ranger, Whitesnake, Stryper,early Metallica type sound.the mk series does it very, very well.......
Did you pick up that one off the Boogie Board?
That was a helluva deal!
I am still looking.
Soon as my Marshall sells....thats my Mark III money! :thumbsup:

I did..but never played it, so its sort of a gamble...i know my mk series well, but not that one...I guess we'll see.. :)

I think you will be fine with it.
I wanted to get it but they seem to pop up quite often(not the coliseum's though!)
Dibs if you sell it!! :LOL: :LOL:

Go for the Red Stripe. I've owned a few different stripes and the red sounded the best. The black or no stripe, which was the first version, sounded the worst. ;)

So the safe bet is the Red blue or Green?
How is the purple?
The green was the last before the Mark IV right?
I only heard the Blue stripe and it was..... :rock:

Back