Isolation Cabinets

jet city amps":2klshz74 said:
I think i am learning here that we should consider a "higher end" ISO with two mic booms. Possibly a bit bigger for more positioning options and cabinet volume. Our first ISO - JetStream - is partially aimed at being compact and convenient.

Welcome over to R-T! Good to see you here.

Any idea when the ISO's are shipping? I'm dying to get one. What did you guys decide as far as a speakerless option? Is it a go?

I wish Bogner would make a production run of the iso cabs they built for Jerry Cantrell. Saw them in september with Marsha/Shiva and Bogner iso cab and it was the best live guitar tone I've EVER heard. :yes:

glassjaw7":2xu3mrg5 said:
I wish Bogner would make a production run of the iso cabs they built for Jerry Cantrell. Saw them in september with Marsha/Shiva and Bogner iso cab and it was the best live guitar tone I've EVER heard. :yes:

I periodically work with A.I.C. and when they where rehearsing I had a chance to check out the Isobox.
It's actually KORN's isobox they borrowed. It was built by A & S cases and rumor has it that they still have the "blue prints".

the isobox was built to hold 5 mics and they had some sound tech guy design the foam cavity inside.

all the 4x12 cabs Jerry has on stage are dummy's.

Posted this in Pete's iso cab thread as well...

Here is my 4x12 size iso cab:

enclosure1.jpg

enclosure2.jpg

enclosure3.jpg

Recorded many of the clips in my sig with it, including "Dance Of The Dead" Solo Section I and "Dance Of The Dead" Solo Section II. Fits a 4x12 and not boxy sounding at all... It is kept in a closet under my stairs across from my control room. The thing comes apart with velcro so I can disassemble it in seconds or remove a wall to move cabs in and out...

Steve

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=59615&hilit=iso+box

here's mine I had built for me last year, cost about $700 (cheaper if u build yourself) 4ft all around, on wheels
walls are really thick, I lined the inside w/ rigid fiberglass (not pictured)
this is a must for the best sound
I can crank my peacemaker late at night and it sounds like a muffled practice amp
:thumbsup:

Back