Amplitube 3 Review

I am very glad to read this review about Amplitube 3. You describe comprehensively the GUI of Amplitube 3 parts as it is divided into five sections: the area on the top allows you to directly load presets sorted by amp or style (clean, crunch, extreme, etc.) or to activate the preset browser that provides a short description and indicates the sound character and instrument.

I bought a Macbook Pro Retina specifically to use Amplitube 3. It's a great alternative to lugging my Mark V around. The modeling is pretty good and the pedals and rack effects are excellently done. Well worth the price.

Great piece of software. The only thing missing for a live situation is global reverb/delay level and maybe eq parameters to tailor to the playing environment. Overloud TH2 has them.

I use both guitar rig 5 and amplitube 3. I go back and forth, but I tend to lean towards gr5. It's probably just the interface, but I get results more quickly with gr. I should probably dive more into the features of amplitube though.

Back