ONI Guitars - Fanned fret, carbon fiber-wrapped 7-string \m/

highgain510

Hey gents! Just took delivery of my fanned fret, carbon fiber-wrapped 7-string Oni and figured I'd share some pics since Dan doesn't post much over here and I don't think there are any other Oni owners on this board. :D Hope you dig the pics:

ONI_7_String_2.jpg

ONI_7_String_3.jpg

ONI_7_String_4.jpg

ONI_7_String_5.jpg

ONI_7_String_6.jpg

ONI_7_String_7.jpg

ONI_7_String_8.jpg

ONI_7_String_9.jpg

ONI_7_String_10.jpg

ONI_7_String_11.jpg

ONI_7_String_12.jpg

ONI_7_String_13.jpg

ONI_7_String_14.jpg

ONI_7_String_15.jpg

ONI_7_String_16.jpg

ONI_7_String_17.jpg

ONI_7_String_18.jpg

ONI_7_String_19.jpg

ONI_7_String_20.jpg

ONI_7_String_21.jpg

ONI_7_String_22.jpg

ONI_7_String_23.jpg

ONI_7_String_24.jpg

ONI_7_String_25.jpg

ONI_7_String_26.jpg

ONI_7_String_27.jpg

ONI_7_String_28.jpg

ONI_7_String_29.jpg

ONI_7_String_30.jpg

ONI_7_String_31.jpg

ONI_7_String_32.jpg

ONI_7_String_33.jpg

ONI_7_String_34.jpg

ONI_7_String_35.jpg

ONI_7_String_36.jpg

ONI_7_String_37.jpg

ONI_7_String_38.jpg

ONI_7_String_39.jpg

ONI_7_String_40.jpg

ONI_7_String_41.jpg

ONI_7_String_42.jpg

ONI_7_String_43.jpg

ONI_7_String_44.jpg

ONI_7_String_45.jpg

ONI_7_String_46.jpg

ONI_7_String_47.jpg

Dan has a website up with some of his other work on it for anyone curious about Oni guitars (http://www.oniguitars.com/), he's based out of Australia too. :) Very easy to work with and was a true gentleman through the whole build, I highly recommend Dan to anyone on the board, especially if you're into extended range/fanned frets/ergonomic designs as that's his specialty! :cool:

I have to say.
That is the weirdest looking guitar I've seen besides the penis guitar.
But I am truly intrigued by it.
That really looks like a well built, unique guitar that I'd love to get my hands on.
I've never heard of one, nor seen one.
But I get a feeling that I may just buy one just to see what the fuck it's all about.
Kinda like The Fast And The Furious drove into a Parker Fly guitar while playing death metal on it's stereo.
:rock:

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: When i saw the pickups I don't know why but i had to bend my neck to th left so i couldn't get dizzie :bleh: :hys:

Oni make fantastic instruments - at least from what I've heard on ss.org and such. :thumbsup:

Congratz, btw! I love the little details of the guitar, like the wooden knobs and wicked inlays.

I absolutely love the look of that guitar. Dan at Oni does fantastic work, I hope to own one if his instruments one day.

Congrats Matt :rock:

Interesting. Looks to be very well built. What is the fanned fret thing supposed to do?

fek":62szaoia said:
Interesting. Looks to be very well built. What is the fanned fret thing supposed to do?

The scale on the low end is 27" so it keeps more tension on the low notes but the high end scale is 25" so it keeps it sweeter sounding than a straight baritone guitar would. You basically get the best of both worlds, sweeter highs and tighter lows. :)

ke2":330n38da said:
Very cool. Crazy and cool.
I will call it Crazycool.
How about Crazool? Huh? I think I am on to something!! :LOL: :LOL:

That axe is freakign awesome looking though! I love carbon fiber, and that guitar makes me want to buy a 7-string from them just because it is full of win! :thumbsup: Congratz!

Qweklain":25vra064 said:
ke2":25vra064 said:
Very cool. Crazy and cool.
I will call it Crazycool.
How about Crazool? Huh? I think I am on to something!! :LOL: :LOL:

That axe is freakign awesome looking though! I love carbon fiber, and that guitar makes me want to buy a 7-string from them just because it is full of win! :thumbsup: Congratz!

Mos def :D

I dig the whole thing - except- the fanned frets. I could never get used to
them.. what was the price on it.?

way cool !!!

DAVE OWENS":3m30sxox said:
I dig the whole thing - except- the fanned frets. I could never get used to
them.. what was the price on it.?

way cool !!!
It's actually really easy to get used to. I was surprised myself.

highgain510":iypftwcr said:
fek":iypftwcr said:

The scale on the low end is 27" so it keeps more tension on the low notes but the high end scale is 25" so it keeps it sweeter sounding than a straight baritone guitar would. You basically get the best of both worlds, sweeter highs and tighter lows. :)

Got it. Thanks. Sounds like a good idea.

Back