DAR Amps Forza Quattro!

I saw a glimpse of this amp a while ago but after seeing the NAMM pics this thing just blows my mind, I have not even heard this thing yet but I have to get one hahaha, I think it would go nicely with my Meathead!

Anyone have any more pics of this beast? I don't even care how it sounds! it's covered in carbon fiber looking tolex and has crazy lights, shit thats enough for me!

post whatever you have on this amp!

thanks!

C

mentoneman-

thanks for the link! I believe the amp in that video is the tuzzia! I wanna hear the quattro! I bet it's similar but apparently has more! more more! haha

C

mentoneman":1gkcb96j said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6XtSEJN5SI

really stunning looks and the best part is they sound awesome!
they sound like the tone is power amp derived and pure versus preamp driven. very bold and forward sounding but glassy in a non ear fatiguing way

I played one of these over at Tone Merchants a couple months ago, and holy crap was this thing amazing. Not a bedroom amp at all but when you open this thing up it really explodes. The thing that I was most impressed with was the feel of the amp. The touch and responsiveness was fast articulate and booming! It is a very fast action amp that reminds me of the Marshall 2203 feel and speed, but WAY better! I think is costs $2300 if I remember and a pretty good deal, and it is really really fun to play. I think that when more people get their hands on one this company is going to explode on the forums.

Quinn

I am itching to try this Forza Quattro out, Paul from Dar amps lives not too far from me so hopefully we can finally nail a time down, the tuzzia sounds good, but I'm hoping the Forza is just right!

not that I'll need it hahaha

C

Hey Guys,

Thanks for checking out Forza and Tuzzia and making NAMM a HUGE success for DAR Amps!
We've all just made it back home and are really pleased to see such a warm welcome to our new family member... FORZA.

I'm sure Paul will keep you guys updated with all things and can be reached at paul@daramps.com

We believe FORZA is a machine built beyond any level of tone/technology currently avalable in any tube amp. This machine is loosely based on our TUZZIA production amp but takes all aspects to the next level.

I dont want to get long winded here on specs, functions, etc... but suffice to say it has it all. Our MIDI system is state of the art and developed by our friend Mario from (former) Axess Electronics. The amp also features a built in intelligent DMX512 lighting controller and power supply capable of providing illumination power/control/sequencing for your entire stage lighting system. We did not fully demonstrate the features at NAMM, but will in forthcoming demo's and vid's. The amp also features every concieveable interface for professional touring/studio/recording environments including instrument loop (aka reamp), advanced effects loops control, studio outs, speaker sims, etc..... and all analog and of audiophile quality as well... You will never lose your tone in any loop or ever introduce any hum,hiss,etc...

This amp is a monster in every way.

-True triode output stage delivering 100 watts of real Class A Triode output.
If you continue to push the amp, it will rebias the tubes and deliver 170 watts of traditional Class AB power in Clean/Crunch runch mode
-The output stage powerplant incorporates a signal and power adaptive bias/tuning/load matching controller that always keeps the powerplant running at optimised performance.... like the fuel injection/variable valve timing system in your car.
-Under extreme metal environments, the powerplant can deliver output power equivilent to a 380+ watt tube amp.

Our amps love to be pushed hard...in fact the harder you drive them, the cooler the output tubes run. You need not be afraid of running these machines at wide open... they prefer it.

Tone wise, this machine is stellar in every way. It incorporates all the tone attributes of it's little brother, but takes them to the next level. Paul will discuss this in more detail, but suffice to say we are very pleased. I myself was even blow away and I'm the hardest one to please.

Forza incorporates state of the art cutting edge physics/engineerng/designs/materials to deliver it's level of performance. Thousands of hours of advanced design/engineering have been dedicated to the machines we offer. It is simply not just a different tube in a traditional design.

Again, if you have any questions, please contact paul@daramps.com

Initial orders are coming in for Forza and we will begin shipping soon.
Tuzzia's are in full production and avalable right away.
We place great effort on keeping costs under control and building quality American made Silicon Valley gear.

Best,
Mike G

Mike

Thanks for the info, I've been in touch with Paul and live not too far away from him, so we will chat more about this amp! Looking forward to trying it out!

C

Hey guys

Thanks for all the positive comments and glad to join the board.

Lots new to report from DAR land...

Guitars Rebellion is our main distributor for all of Europe and Japan. They are a great group of guys and are based in Paris. They are in the process of finishing a killer showcase facility complete with sound proof rooms and a huge stock of guitars and accessories. Please contact Vincent at Guitars Rebellion or myself with any questions regarding Europe or Japan.

http://www.guitarsrebellion.com/index.html

More announcements regarding US, Canadian, and Latin American dealers will be posted soon.

Also wanted to let you know we will soon be launching 2 killer new bass heads and are almost finished with a prototype for a super advanced distortion pedal. These new products will continue our philosophy of bringing something really different to the market.....aesthetically, technically and sonically.

Some serious new artists will also soon join our team.

We'll be updating our site with new photos, manuals by next week, and with new pro videos in about 3 weeks.

Thanks and please let me know if there are any questions at all...

Paul

Interesting with the different power tubes but I don't understand the market you're trying for. I see alot of the detuned 7 string demos of the Tuzzia but they sound very muddy and undefined and IMO, class A design is not ideal for 'djent' metal tones with a rounder attack and less bass response than class A/B. The mids are very pleasing and it has plenty of gain but it seemingly lacks the punch and articulation for metal in those vids. Certainly would like to try the 100 watt class A model at cranked volumes to see what it can do, though. I'm thinking it must be a little bit loud....

cujo":rt6i4se7 said:
Well diezelmonster u play one? How does it stand up to big dawgs

Hey man,

Here's some videos I made, none of them are obviously mega cranked volume, but not super quiet either, probably double a loud T.V. volume or something to that effect. I have cranked the shit out of it in a studio and it's just monstrous, it has power for days and days. I had a Diezel before this amp and honestly I think this amp records better, because it's not as compressed and breaths more in the recordings, there is definitely more note separation. Diezel are awesome amps and some day I'm sure I'll own one again, but the DAR does everything I need/want in spades and then some, along with cleans that honestly competes with even the best fenders, plus it's got an incredible amount of versatility that you wont find on most amps, the bright and deep switches on the clean and crunch channel make a HUGE difference!

Let me know what questions I can answer for you.

Dallas

DAR, any super high headroom thick single channel clean amps in the works? ala 69 sunn 2000s? or you stickin with the crazy LED lit 3 channel high gain monsters?

Nitroholic,

Funny, most people are asking for more lights, more gain and more insanity :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, my initial designs were all clean/blues/jazz amps. Forza incorporates much of these tone attributes in the clean crunch channel.

So, who knows?

Dallas how is it compared to Engl SE. I was ordering an se yet this amp caught me.the se has a lot of versitility that's what is great.I also use Herbert,nitro,n a few other amps.and where are Dar made? Tnx cj

Back