DAR Amps Forza Quattro!

cujo":3hua0pxl said:
Dallas how is it compared to Engl SE. I was ordering an se yet this amp caught me.the se has a lot of versitility that's what is great.I also use Herbert,nitro,n a few other amps.and where are Dar made? Tnx cj

Hey Cujo,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I was watching for your post but this thread kind of got buried yesterday and I didn't catch it today either!

I had a Diezel before this amp, the Einstein 100, and the powerball was my friends that I was holding on to for a while, not that it's not a good amp, it's just no where near in my opinion the quality of the DAR.

I can say the DAR is much more organic sounding, more dynamic, less compressed feeling and meaner. The ENGL has a lot of gain sure, but it's just kind of like overkill fizzyness, I got some decent tones out of it, but I never felt like the amp really breathed if that makes sense? I feel the DAR is unique in that respect, very much like a JCM800 really breaths and opens up, the DAR is similar but obviously with a lot more gain than an 800 and it's own tone going for sure. The Forza has a unique sound to it, but is not like way out of the ball park from other amps, however; it is absolutely different enough to be worth owning! The power tubes that are in these amps really just add something special and sweet to the sound that other amps don't have, it's an entirely different character.

All DAR amps are currently made in the USA, Mike makes them all in Palo Alto Cali, with nothing but absolutely top notch parts, these things are absolutely built like a tank man.

What other questions do you have about these things man? I'll be more than glad to answer any I can, though it's hard to compare it to an ENGL SE, one thing I can say in regards to the powerball I had is that the dar was built with what I felt was much better construction it's a lot heavier and all the parts are made from extremely high quality materials, even the knobs are I believe machined aluminum.

Dallas :rock:

cujo":15pvgmyc said:
Dallas can u put up pics of front n back panel.wanna see hookups

Hey Cujo,

I'm actually not home right now but I can try and shoot some up here later.

The back has plenty of options, honestly anything you could ever really want... let me see if I can recall all of them off the top of my head... it's got a 16 ohm tap 2x 8ohm taps and a 4 ohm tap, then it's got a light controller for hooking the amp up to a house lighting system, a midi in and out, it's got an XLR out for studio recording, it's also got an XLR direct instrument in, it's got an effects loop that can be used in serial or parallel each selectable by channel, so you can run each channel which ever way you want or completely by pass it. It's also got a bright/deep/normal switch for the clean and crunch channels so you can set those to suit your needs as well, it's also got a direct TRS out for headphones so you can use that, a switch to "idle" the power section for direct out recording if your going to use IR's. It's also got an Aux in and Aux out, knobs for mixing the loop volumes and that kind of stuff. It's also got a mono footswitch, that lets you switch between two of the channels which you can set one on the front of the amp and one on the back of the amp, as well as a second button on it for bypassing the effects loop entirely if you don't want it on when you swap channels, obviously this is only needed if you DONT want to use midi. It's also got options to use a built in speaker sim in the amp, as well as the option to take a direct out with pre amp, power amp both through speaker sim and a few other options I'm sure I'm forgetting lol...

I'll see what else I can think of...

What else can I do for you man?

Dallas

Heres the rear :)

Attachments

• FORZA REAR 3.JPG
    FORZA REAR 3.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 8,014
Wow...its got everything u can need. I see it has two big fans.does it run that hot? Does it still use 12ax7 preamp tubes? Thnk 4 pics.

cujo":lr4m5gpt said:
Wow...its got everything u can need. I see it has two big fans.does it run that hot? Does it still use 12ax7 preamp tubes? Thnk 4 pics.

Hey Cujo,

The first 3 pre amp tubes (left to right) on the forza use 12au7's and the 4th pre amp tube is a 12ax7, it does get very hot, but the fans are incredibly quite and run very low, it's just basically to keep air moving through the system not so much as a mega active cooler I believe, but Mike will have to chime in on that one :)

Dallas

cujo":314gdw1h said:
where do you buy those 6c33 tubes? i was looking everywhere says out of stock???

Hey man,

You can contact Mike at DAR amps he always keeps plenty in stock on hand for easy replacement, and his direct supplier has about 3000 on hand at the moment as well, he gets them straight from Russia. So no worries if other suppliers don't have them Mike will take care of you! :thumbsup:

Also, tubestore has them but they are overpriced compared to other places.

I can't speak to the longevity of these yet, but Mike told me he had(has) an amp on for 6 months straight and they are still kicking, and with Class A amps the power is ALWAYS going through them so they are getting put through a good test. Another thing to keep in mind, these tubes were actually engineered for delivering Russian Nuclear Warheads, they were designed to hold up at 7g's and are still currently used in Mig Fighters, these aren't your average tube... with that said, it's still a tube... they are the most unreliable part of any guitar amp so take it for what you will, but when you see these things as compared to any other tube you'll be like holy shit man..

They are I kid you not about the size of a hand grenade if not bigger, the metal inside is really solid and sturdy it's not that bent crap you see in a lot of other tubes, it's big thick ass plates, and the glass is VERY VERY thick. And these are one of the few tubes that are strong enough the design allowed them to operate horizontally like they are, which also helps to reduce noise of the amp as well by having them mounted in a different direction than the pre-amp tubes.

Dallas :rock:

I Ordered One... So now I wait.. Dallas TNX... if you get a moment put up a clip with some disturbed type riffs, or like that clip I sent ya last night ... Like to Torture myself more during the wait!LOL

Dallas Marlow":3qs7k8s3 said:
Hey Man,

@ 4:49 in

You can see the back panel, :) trying to snag you up some pics soon though!

Dallas
Good angle for the camera mic on the Dar clips here. Sounded great right up my alley! :rock:

mikegiovannotto":qqzrodu4 said:
Nitroholic,

Funny, most people are asking for more lights, more gain and more insanity :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, my initial designs were all clean/blues/jazz amps. Forza incorporates much of these tone attributes in the clean crunch channel.

So, who knows?

im a total doom guy and a huge minority on this site but with a shortage of amps in the market for huge fuzz users there is a complete market out there. yeah high gain 3 channel monsters are totaly boss but theres a relitivly large market for super high headroom over power'd tube amps. if you want the thickest nastyest fuzz you get an electric but starting at 2.5K theyre outta reach of 99% of us doom guys. so you settle for pedals and high headroom amps. however with vintage hiwatt prices being more then electrics, and vintage sunns getting there slowly were reduced to trying to find ampeg V4s that everyone knows are not the most reliable amps out there. all most of us want is a 4 knobbed amp thats got a thick, dark clean and super high headroom ala kt-88s to run our disgustingly huge fuzzes into. :D ill take mine with a bass tuned pre amp, 200 watts via kt-88s, green tolex and green LED backlighting :LOL: :LOL: extra points if it can "look vintage" and still pull off the cheeb green LEDs :D :LOL: :LOL: ramble to myself over :scared:

cujo":19s68n8t said:
I Ordered One... So now I wait.. Dallas TNX... if you get a moment put up a clip with some disturbed type riffs, or like that clip I sent ya last night ... Like to Torture myself more during the wait!LOL

Cujo, awesome man, trust me I know how it was waiting to get mine I've got serial #001 haha... I was like losing it waiting for it to get done, and then the day FedEx was supposed to deliver it, they claimed they knocked on my door which they never did, and they dropped it off at the front office of my building, it was safe and cool and everything... I was just like son of a... they didn't knock on my door! The guy just didn't want to cart the big ass box around haha.

NITROHOLIC":qrp4dmy7 said:
mikegiovannotto":qrp4dmy7 said:
Nitroholic,

Funny, most people are asking for more lights, more gain and more insanity :LOL: :LOL:

Seriously though, my initial designs were all clean/blues/jazz amps. Forza incorporates much of these tone attributes in the clean crunch channel.

So, who knows?

im a total doom guy and a huge minority on this site but with a shortage of amps in the market for huge fuzz users there is a complete market out there. yeah high gain 3 channel monsters are totaly boss but theres a relitivly large market for super high headroom over power'd tube amps. if you want the thickest nastyest fuzz you get an electric but starting at 2.5K theyre outta reach of 99% of us doom guys. so you settle for pedals and high headroom amps. however with vintage hiwatt prices being more then electrics, and vintage sunns getting there slowly were reduced to trying to find ampeg V4s that everyone knows are not the most reliable amps out there. all most of us want is a 4 knobbed amp thats got a thick, dark clean and super high headroom ala kt-88s to run our disgustingly huge fuzzes into. :D ill take mine with a bass tuned pre amp, 200 watts via kt-88s, green tolex and green LED backlighting :LOL: :LOL: extra points if it can "look vintage" and still pull off the cheeb green LEDs :D :LOL: :LOL: ramble to myself over :scared:

Honestly man if you haven't tried the clean channel yet on the Forza, it's really incredible and has headroom for days... it's 100 watts class A so it's really pretty and lush as well. I mean honestly it's got power and balls for days, theres a vid on youtube you can hear where a guy is running an 8 string through it, it actually sounds like a bass. If you get a chance def. try out the clean channel with a Fuzz pedal I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. This amp really likes pedals!

Dallas Marlow":gmus20m7 said:
NITROHOLIC":gmus20m7 said:
mikegiovannotto":gmus20m7 said:
Nitroholic,

So, who knows?

my long ass post

Honestly man if you haven't tried the clean channel yet on the Forza, it's really incredible and has headroom for days... it's 100 watts class A so it's really pretty and lush as well. I mean honestly it's got power and balls for days, theres a vid on youtube you can hear where a guy is running an 8 string through it, it actually sounds like a bass. If you get a chance def. try out the clean channel with a Fuzz pedal I don't think you'll be disappointed at all. This amp really likes pedals!

hmm, im very interested in it but the problem with me is i dont like having "more" then i need. it makes me feel like i overpayed for features ill never use. kinda like ordering a car with an upgraded stereo when youre deaf. feels strange to me. im still rocking a two channel high gain modern amp and have only gone to the gain channel to remind me how shitty it sounds to me compared to my pedals :LOL: :LOL: also how much is that pig? if its as much as an electric thats a really hard sell for me or any doom guy for that matter. we would almost all go for the electric. however a 4 knobber, clean high headroom'd, over power'd, too damn thick, and dark amp with a decent build at or around the 1500$ range? sign me up. :rock:

NITROHOLIC":q7cynal0 said:
Dallas Marlow":q7cynal0 said:
NITROHOLIC":q7cynal0 said:
mikegiovannotto":q7cynal0 said:
Nitroholic,

So, who knows?

my long ass post

hmm, im very interested in it but the problem with me is i dont like having "more" then i need. it makes me feel like i overpayed for features ill never use. kinda like ordering a car with an upgraded stereo when youre deaf. feels strange to me. im still rocking a two channel high gain modern amp and have only gone to the gain channel to remind me how shitty it sounds to me compared to my pedals :LOL: :LOL: also how much is that pig? if its as much as an electric thats a really hard sell for me or any doom guy for that matter. we would almost all go for the electric. however a 4 knobber, clean high headroom'd, over power'd, too damn thick, and dark amp with a decent build at or around the 1500$ range? sign me up. :rock:

I'd bet money that if you got this amp you would use EVERY channel the amp has to offer, it gets heavy as hell man. I'm not going to say I play sludge or doom, or even know a damn bit about them, but every channel on the amp is absolutely killer and usable. They are very tweakable as well, and the amp likes pedals all the way around. Your right though it is NOT cheap at all! I'm not sure of the current price but if you email DAR I'm sure you can find out! If you get a chance you should absolutely at least play one!

Maybe if DAR makes a bass amp then that would be up your alley because I bet that would sure as hell be over powered for guitar haha!

Back