New Charvel Pro Mods to come from Japan?

projectx102

Don't know if anyone posted this yet.On The Music Zoo's site they have info and pics on the new Charvel Pro Mods that will be made in Japan.

As long as they don't change the neck, I don't care where they're made. Too bad they aren't USA, as they were about the best value of any American guitar, but they have their reasons.

I just looked through all the Charvels on their site and couldn't find them.. Could you post the link ? Thanks

True. The new Charvel Pro Mods will be made in Japan, in fact, the Charvel logo will have "Made in Japan" below it. They will list for $899 with a hard shell case.

Pro Mod Series HD

San Dimas & SoCal Finishes (In Stores August 27th)

Snow White
Ferrari Red
Black

Wildcard #4 (In Stores September)

Dead Calm Aqua

Steve

Attachments

• japbatch1.jpg
    japbatch1.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 15,089
  • Charvel_MIJ.JPG
    Charvel_MIJ.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 15,039
What Steve said!

I played these guitars about three weeks ago. If you liked the previous USA Production series guitars, you will like these. They are identical in every way and spec except they are putting a vintage tint in the oil finishes they are using on the necks so they won't be so stark white when they're brand new.

So again, exact same specs and to be honest, the quality of the worker on the Japanese production line is to a higher standard than the quality of the worker on the USA production line. What I'm saying is that every single employee who touches guitars in the Japanese factory must have graduated from a guitar luthiers school. The same cannot be said about the people on the USA production line. Also, the Japanese factory building these only builds Jackson and now the new EVH and Charvel production series guitars. Nothing else.

They include a nice, hard shell case and are supposed to sell for $899. Charvel has threatened to pull the line from any store that advertises them for less than $899 anywhere. They were pretty lax on the USA Pro mods about this but they insist this time they're serious. We'll see. I still can't stand that they don't have a retail price which should be in the $1200 range based on what these cost me. Instead they do this $899 street price thing and everyone immediately wants to knock money off. I wish they'd quit that experiment.

The colors will remain red, white and black year round in the San Dimas and the So Cal styles and every quarter there will be one new wildcard. That's it.

It's a great guitar. It bothers me that they are no longer made in USA from a historical standpoint but not from a playability standpoint after playing them. However, I know there will be people who won't want them because they aren't USA made and I understand where they are coming from.

Very glad that aqua is rosewood, I would have had some issues. Very cool with the pup ring delete as well, the guitars look great.

I will be honest though, there are still plenty of the USA ones floating around that can be had for less than the new Japan series and that is where I would go. I knew it when the EVH japan models came out that it was official regarding the charvel stuff. I have nothing against japan made guitars, still love Ibanez but for me it is a history thing.

Since I bought my Charvel from "chubtone"
I haven't put it down,I've played it every single day.
On that note,I dig the "aqua" colored Japanese Charvel pro mod.looks sweet!

locoed":54fb0g2z said:
Since I bought my Charvel from "chubtone"
I haven't put it down,I've played it every single day.
On that note,I dig the "aqua" colored Japanese Charvel pro mod.looks sweet!

I love my candy green SoCal. I wish that it had the San Dimas pickup set in it but everything else is great. I have a Tone Zone for sale if anyone wants it.

Getting fun...

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/109692 ... Mod-Series

Typical whining at JCF, but it seems that everyone there thinks Charvel is only making the guitar THEY want. Seems to me Charvel started as custom guitars. I'm sure they'll make you anything you want, but for a sub-$1000 guitar of this quality, kwitcherbichin. You get what they can give you. Seems like a pretty nice axe IMO. Since the necks are the same, that's my only concern. I can buy them and mod the hell out of it if need be - make it my own CUSTOM guitar. Just the way Charvel intended. :D

Chris O":3k0982ni said:
Getting fun...

Typical whining at JCF, but it seems that everyone there thinks Charvel is only making the guitar THEY want. Seems to me Charvel started as custom guitars. I'm sure they'll make you anything you want, but for a sub-$1000 guitar of this quality, kwitcherbichin. You get what they can give you. Seems like a pretty nice axe IMO. Since the necks are the same, that's my only concern. I can buy them and mod the hell out of it if need be - make it my own CUSTOM guitar. Just the way Charvel intended. :D

Dude, exactly! It just cracks me up, guys saying "I wish it had pickup rings, if it did i would buy it". And I'm just laughing myself silly. "Yeah, I wish it had GHS strings on it instead of D'Addario. If it had GHS i would totally buy it."

Pickup rings are about $3 each. :hys: It's a freaking Charvel it's a modding and hot rodding PLATFORM not some vintage axe that you can't change a screw on or it's value will plummet. :doh: :doh:

so does this mean there will be a white charvel san dimas ?? i looked everywhere for an american one and couldnt find it. i dont mind having something made in japan if it plays good and is the color i want :D

edit:: anyone know when the wolfgang specials will be available?? i may want one of those since the peavey versions seem to have gone through the freakin roof for some damn reason

The white one will be the ultimate canvas! Personally, I'm pretty stoked for both Charvel USA and Japan. I'm excited for what will be coming from SanDimas /Corona, and I'm sure Japan will do an amazing job on the new Pro Mods if the old Model Series is any testament to the quality of what they can do.

As before, leave that AWESOME neck just as it is, and they will continue to sell themselves. That's the reason for buying these in the first place! :)

Chris O":xy8wgec3 said:
Getting fun...

All sites like that are the same, Jemsite is zealot in status and rival TGP when it comes to witchcraft and mystic powers concerning their brand.

That white san dimas is the balls and will think about that and have some narly 80s paint shot on it.

I'm looking forward to seeing decent pics of that Dead Calm Aqua... might have to buy one of those and swap the neck for a maple board :D

All of these, including the deal calm aqua and the previous USA models come with a block heel. None of them are like the late 80's/90's heel contour correct? Also, the Floyd's are not recessed either right (except for it looks like the aqua)? Straighten me out on this. Thanks!

technomancer":3td4zhyd said:
I'm looking forward to seeing decent pics of that Dead Calm Aqua... might have to buy one of those and swap the neck for a maple board :D

Look at that JCF link I posted. I think there are some good pics on page 2 or 3.

Robotechnology":1egnia77 said:
All of these, including the deal calm aqua and the previous USA models come with a block heel. None of them are like the late 80's/90's heel contour correct? Also, the Floyd's are not recessed either right (except for it looks like the aqua)? Straighten me out on this. Thanks!

Yes, and yes. The Dead Calm is the first with a recessed trem.

Robotechnology":27nhxt3e said:

Block heel and non-recessed :)

Wildcard is recessed.

Back