New Charvel Pro Mods to come from Japan?

Digital Jams":34anv0u1 said:
Chris O":34anv0u1 said:
Getting fun...

http://www.jcfonline.com/threads/109692 ... Mod-Series

Typical whining at JCF, but it seems that everyone there thinks Charvel is only making the guitar THEY want. Seems to me Charvel started as custom guitars. I'm sure they'll make you anything you want, but for a sub-$1000 guitar of this quality, kwitcherbichin. You get what they can give you. Seems like a pretty nice axe IMO. Since the necks are the same, that's my only concern. I can buy them and mod the hell out of it if need be - make it my own CUSTOM guitar. Just the way Charvel intended. :D

All sites like that are the same, Jemsite is zealot in status and rival TGP when it comes to witchcraft and mystic powers concerning their brand.

That white san dimas is the balls and will think about that and have some narly 80s paint shot on it.
I'd like a white San Dimas...to get my chisels, sandpaper and keys out and relic it right.

Chris O":2byvn0s9 said:
technomancer":2byvn0s9 said:
I'm looking forward to seeing decent pics of that Dead Calm Aqua... might have to buy one of those and swap the neck for a maple board :D

Look at that JCF link I posted. I think there are some good pics on page 2 or 3.

Thanks. That does look pretty awesome :thumbsup:

Randy Van Sykes":zzrx2wrx said:
Digital Jams":zzrx2wrx said:
Chris O":zzrx2wrx said:
Getting fun...

Typical whining at JCF, but it seems that everyone there thinks Charvel is only making the guitar THEY want. Seems to me Charvel started as custom guitars. I'm sure they'll make you anything you want, but for a sub-$1000 guitar of this quality, kwitcherbichin. You get what they can give you. Seems like a pretty nice axe IMO. Since the necks are the same, that's my only concern. I can buy them and mod the hell out of it if need be - make it my own CUSTOM guitar. Just the way Charvel intended. :D

All sites like that are the same, Jemsite is zealot in status and rival TGP when it comes to witchcraft and mystic powers concerning their brand.

That white san dimas is the balls and will think about that and have some narly 80s paint shot on it.
I'd like a white San Dimas...to get my chisels, sandpaper and keys out and relic it right.

The JCF forum would not like you, charvels are suppost to pose for pretty forum pictures and hang in cases and NEVER played :LOL: :LOL:

You have a good idea :yes:

Digital Jams":3809md7q said:
Randy Van Sykes":3809md7q said:
Digital Jams":3809md7q said:
Chris O":3809md7q said:
Getting fun...

The JCF forum would not like you, charvels are suppost to pose for pretty forum pictures and hang in cases and NEVER played :LOL: :LOL:

You have a good idea :yes:
I relicd one of my strats, and recently picked up a road worn tele...I love these beat up axes. A white Japanese Charvel will be good to go. :thumbsup:
Don't have the guts to trash my USA Charvels, that was a limited edition run.

charvel_pro-mod_sandimas_white.jpg

Digital Jams":39z5k2kf said:
That white does look very cool, $900 for a real floyd, duncans, hsc..............great times we live in.

$900 is what the USA's should have cost, $1099 if they came with an OFR instead of the Ping made one. Since I paid $800 for my SoCal brand new on a local close-out, I don't feel too bad about the Korean Floyd.

Good prices on these, I have too many guitars now though.... :LOL: :LOL:

Toshiro":ygod89x5 said:
Digital Jams":ygod89x5 said:
That white does look very cool, $900 for a real floyd, duncans, hsc..............great times we live in.

$900 is what the USA's should have cost, $1099 if they came with an OFR instead of the Ping made one. Since I paid $800 for my SoCal brand new on a local close-out, I don't feel too bad about the Korean Floyd.

Good prices on these, I have too many guitars now though.... :LOL: :LOL:

The real question is wtf is up with Ibanez prices! If Fender can sell these for $899 then why are RG3550s $1500?!?!?!?!?!?

The biggest bar abusers I know have zero problems with the stock floyd, good enough for me.

I wish they would move the truss adjustment to the headstock....that kept me from buying a USA...nitpicky yes..but MI weather and oil finished necks aren't the greatest match...

Grrr...I'm not into the "go offshore" to shave a few hundy off the price thing. Even if "offshore" is Japan, which we all know the Japanese factories can build great guitars. But damn. My kids already think that nothing is actually "made" - things just grow on the vine at Walmart. If it breaks? Throw it out and buy a new one. :doh: :doh: :doh:

But yes, the white one is dead sexy.

t-rave":5iwz4sl2 said:
I wish they would move the truss adjustment to the headstock....that kept me from buying a USA...nitpicky yes..but MI weather and oil finished necks aren't the greatest match...

it looks like the truss rod adjustment is on the headstock ??? or at least i thought thats what the hole was for :confused:

t-rave":25l2xqnk said:
+1
I'm in the midwest which has basically turned to Florida this summer with all of the humidity we've had, and I usually have to do truss rod adjustments at least 2 or three times a year even on my painted/ sealed neck guitars.
Anyone know what the upcharge would be to have the adjustment moved to the headstock on a custom shop order?
"Paging Mr. Chubtone!"

mixeduplydian":2vopuway said:
t-rave":2vopuway said:
+1
I'm in the midwest which has basically turned to Florida this summer with all of the humidity we've had, and I usually have to do truss rod adjustments at least 2 or three times a year even on my painted/ sealed neck guitars.
Anyone know what the upcharge would be to have the adjustment moved to the headstock on a custom shop order?
"Paging Mr. Chubtone!"
I don't think that is an option unless you get a pointy, but you can ask for the adjustment wheel/cutout like on the DiMartini Snakeskin model. My custom shop has that and make it so you don't have to take the neck off to adjust the truss rod. I wish all the custom shops came that way...

Steve

Thanks for the info Steve.
I know I'm being really picky here, but I'm really not a fan of the way the cutout makes the fretboard look.
Is there some sort of advantage to having the adjustment at the heel that I'm missing? I really don't get why they would have it located there. :confused:

What Steve said is correct about the truss rod adjust. If you go custom shop, you can get the adjustment wheel like on the Music Man guitars. There is a reason based on the construction and type of truss rod that prohibits Charvel putting the adjustment at the headstock on the strat heads.

And personally, I've been surprised at the amount of people who don't like the looks of that truss rod adjustment wheel at the heel of the neck. There's lots of guys on the Charvel forum who wouldn't touch a guitar with that and me, I just play the darn things. :confused:

I think the wheel rocks, very easy to get to and I am more busy looking at the headstock while playing than where the 23rd fret would be.

Back