New Charvel Pro Mods to come from Japan?

donbarzini":3582hq7p said:
that's because it's gay looking, I didn't like it at all on the Ernie Ball Axis I had besides the body looking like a tennis racket and the neck feeling like a baseball bat.

Other than that was it a pretty cool guitar?

donbarzini":32e0nkr9 said:
Chubtone":32e0nkr9 said:
And personally, I've been surprised at the amount of people who don't like the looks of that truss rod adjustment wheel at the heel of the neck. There's lots of guys on the Charvel forum who wouldn't touch a guitar with that and me, I just play the darn things. :confused:

that's because it's gay looking, I didn't like it at all on the Ernie Ball Axis I had besides the body looking like a tennis racket and the neck feeling like a baseball bat.

But let's face it the Ernie Balls are KILLER guitars but they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Mailman1971":3boqpgse said:
donbarzini":3boqpgse said:

Other than that was it a pretty cool guitar?

:)

I lol'd...

I wanted to buy so many of those promods, but I always thought they were way over priced.

I figured MAP was $999 (originally), and I was going to score several for $500-$600. :LOL: :LOL: Of course that was not how the pricing was set up, and so even at a realistic discount, I could not justify the cost.

For $1000 street, you should have received a real Floyd, Gotohs, and a case.

I will buy some on the used market I figure, and then tweak the way I want.

Now this whole moving production to Japan has me wondering why considering the yen. I have no problem with MIJ guitars of course, but I don't think Charvel fans (at least I don't) want "Made in Japan" on their headstock.

MYLILSS":384c007v said:
t-rave":384c007v said:
I wish they would move the truss adjustment to the headstock....that kept me from buying a USA...nitpicky yes..but MI weather and oil finished necks aren't the greatest match...

it looks like the truss rod adjustment is on the headstock ??? or at least i thought thats what the hole was for :confused:

Can anyone confirm this? I thought it was too? :confused:

Chubtone":2ah7y7qf said:
donbarzini":2ah7y7qf said:
Chubtone":2ah7y7qf said:
And personally, I've been surprised at the amount of people who don't like the looks of that truss rod adjustment wheel at the heel of the neck. There's lots of guys on the Charvel forum who wouldn't touch a guitar with that and me, I just play the darn things. :confused:

But let's face it the Ernie Balls are KILLER guitars but they fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
:LOL: :LOL: It's funny 'cause it's true :yes: The Ernie Balls do play great though, as do the Charvels. The wheel adjustment is handy, but since I'm ugly, and a lousy player, the way my guitar looks is important! :D

Chubtone, obviously you know your shit, so I'm not questioning your statement about Charvel not being able to do a headstock truss adjustment, but I would be interested in hearing the reasons behind it in detail. I noticed that the newer Fender Strat Deluxe models are supposed to have a Charvel type radius and profile, but I'm pretty sure the truss adjustment is still at the headstock. So I'm wondering what the differences in construction are between the two necks.

I don't see what the big deal is with the wheel adjustment. :confused:

It doesn't change the cosmetics that much and it serves a great purpose - very functional...

fat_check_2.jpg

fat_check_4.jpg

Steve

mixeduplydian":3fh5d98m said:
Yeah that is pretty sweet even with the wheel. I still like your new dark blue Charvel the best though Steve :thumbsup:
Yeah, I've been playing that one a lot lately...

Steve

i personally love the wheel adjustment. i have it on my wolfgang and think it is the best way to go. i didnt see it that easily accessible on these Pro Mods though ... at least from the pics i have seen

MYLILSS":1z6swmim said:
i personally love the wheel adjustment. i have it on my wolfgang and think it is the best way to go. i didnt see it that easily accessible on these Pro Mods though ... at least from the pics i have seen
The Pro Mods don't have them... :confused:

Steve

MYLILSS":x1zflkck said:
i dont see it in the pic anyways ... it is probably adjusted under the end of the fretboard like my charvel san dimas was ...

Yep. We've established that. The neck has to be removed to adjust the truss rod.

Chris O":2btdvn64 said:
MYLILSS":2btdvn64 said:
i dont see it in the pic anyways ... it is probably adjusted under the end of the fretboard like my charvel san dimas was ...

Yep. We've established that. The neck has to be removed to adjust the truss rod.

What a pain, I just couldn't buy a guitar where I had to take the neck off for an adjustment. :LOL: :LOL:

sah5150":2miwmah3 said:
I don't see what the big deal is with the wheel adjustment. :confused:

It doesn't change the cosmetics that much and it serves a great purpose - very functional...

fat_check_2.jpg

fat_check_4.jpg

Steve

Yep, I agree it's like having an external bias on an amp, very functional!

Shiny_Surface":u4793xg4 said:
Chris O":u4793xg4 said:
MYLILSS":u4793xg4 said:

What a pain, I just couldn't buy a guitar where I had to take the neck off for an adjustment. :LOL: :LOL:

FWIW, I live in Minnesota, and the weather changes are BRUTAL. I never had to adjust mine after the initial setup. The worst of it was having to loosen the locking nut to re-tune. They were all pretty stable.

Quartersawn maple is SUBSTANTIALLY more stable than regular maple regarding needing adjustments.

Chris O":3ojj68j6 said:
Shiny_Surface":3ojj68j6 said:
Chris O":3ojj68j6 said:
MYLILSS":3ojj68j6 said:

FWIW, I live in Minnesota, and the weather changes are BRUTAL. I never had to adjust mine after the initial setup. The worst of it was having to loosen the locking nut to re-tune. They were all pretty stable.

Shit....................................

My lawn in CT is totally burnt out this year and right now humidity is 77% :cry: I have had my So-Cal for over 2 years now and the neck has been off once since it came from very dry Orange County. I keep it in the basement and wipe down the neck everytime I use it. I have two others and neither neck has been removed yet as well.

Back