Suhr Aldrich pickup wiring colors/Similar to Seymour Duncan?

harddriver

I purchased a Suhr Aldrich pickup as a gift, I am getting ready to intstall it in the guitar but there is no wiring diagram with it. It looks identical to the wire color codes that Seymour Duncan uses.

Wired straight as a humbucker without splitting the coils it appears the red and white wire are connected together and the the black is hot then the green/bare wire is ground.

Is this correct?

This pickup is beign installed in a Les Paul, the guitar already has a 500K pot which I have read that alot of you Aldrich owners prefer.

Thank you gentlemen for that confirmation! I will be getting back into the workshop to get that pickup installed now. I can't wait to hear it after all the good clips I've heard of this pickup.

Thanks!

Let me know how you like 'em. I've got 2 sets coming in that I'm planning to drop into my LP's. My only experience with them was in a superstrat with an alder body and they seemed too hot, but every time I hear them in an LP they sound awesome! Seems like they need a big ol' slab of mahogany.

Hey Bill I just got done giving the pickups a test drive. I only installed the bridge pickup. The pickup I pulled out measured about 13K and was a great sounding pickup but at times was a little loose on the bottom end with the guitar tuned 1/2 step down and dropped D as my brother plays it. The Aldrich I have measured about 16.5K ohms, so there is some variance but you'll have that winding pickups.

I am happy to say that the Suhr Aldrich lives up to every bit of it's description on Suhr's site and all the great clips. :rock: The bottom end is very tight and the top end still retains that PAF sparkle and the pickup has a great growl to it when playing open dropped chords letting them ring out, I really like it. I definitely hear Dougs tone in it alot of Syke's Dirty fingers tone but a little sweeter. It doesn't have that middy spike that I seemed to remember hearing in the JB so much it seems very evenly proportioned across frequencies. I know my brother will love this pickup, it is what he was looking for and then some.

I may have to consider one of these in the future for myself, but alas I had MJ at Seymour Duncan wind me a 17K Jake E. Lee spec Holdsworth prototype model, (she had all the specs written on a little card from 1981: how nice) for my Jake E. Lee Replica charvel that I built! I'll be installing that pickup this week! :thumbsup:

And yes, the Suhr wiring color code is exactly the same that Seymour Duncan uses which is nice, since that's what I am used to.

Thanks Fellas!

I dropped the Suhr Aldrich set in one of my new McNaughts and they great. Ordered a new set to send to David for my McNaught being built right now. These and MCP 2nd Degree Black Belts are my favorite pick ups. Got another set of them ready to install too when I get around to it. Just trying to decide which of my Les Pauls is worthy !!!

Steve

Back