No talk on the Jet City Cornford MK50 for way less??

Digital Jams

Saw the NAMM pics of the Jet City amp that is a MK50 II for way less built by the same guys Cornford sends his wiring.

Surprised no action on these for way less :confused:

Martin builds the MK's(Martin Kidd) as far as I know. Here's the inside of mine
6815213737_2c2eb52c7a_z.jpg

I saw that too. I agree....WTF? :confused: It looked like it less the loops or something. Saw the Brit flag in there as well. I guess with all the "downtime" there's been at ol' Cornford maybe Marty Mar had some time on his hands. :LOL: :LOL: Seriously though, that fire fucked them good. Sad.

You been slumming over at HC?

With a $2500 street price, it's making Steve's real thing look pretty in the classifieds.

Cornford has had trouble with the fire, but really think the issue here in the States is distribution. Used to could get a deal way better than the 4k.

The Mk-50 II is 3 grand in the UK.

I saw and heard the Earhart at NAMM. Great looking, sounding, and playing amp. I still think the price may be a little steep, but from what I understand it IS hand-wired and made in the UK, hence the price rises due to import 'n such.

racerevlon":c70kpg74 said:
I saw and heard the Earhart at NAMM. Great looking, sounding, and playing amp. I still think the price may be a little steep, but from what I understand it IS hand-wired and made in the UK, hence the price rises due to import 'n such.

What I heard, 100% hand wired by the same guys and licensed build by Cornford. I am waiting to try one myself.

Doing a little surfing, I am wondering if Cornford has closed the doors. There is some chatter on the Cornford forum. It is obvious from the photo below that the Jet City amp is a copy of the MK50HII with a few component changes, but close enough to be cloned. Not sure if there is a licensing agreement behind it or theft. Rumors are popping up on some of the other forums though. I may hang onto the Cornflake a little longer if it is true as the MK will for sure become a collectors item.

Cornford on the top. JCA on the bottom....

cornford_jetcity.jpg

I'm pretty sure that Doug and Cornford have an agreement, can't imagine JCA making clones without permission.

I'm curious about the amp myself, cause IMO a Cornford eats loads of booteek stuff for breakfast. Had a shootout with a buddy, who had a Mk50II at that time, not long ago . . .

duesentrieb":3bcozcgv said:
I'm pretty sure that Doug and Cornford have an agreement, can't imagine JCA making clones without permission.

I'm curious about the amp myself, cause IMO a Cornford eats loads of booteek stuff for breakfast. Had a shootout with a buddy, who had a Mk50II at that time, not long ago . . .
From what I understand from a very reliable source JCA did in fact clone the MK II without consult and permission. :thumbsdown: Quote Unquote. "This is going to get very ugly"

glip22":2jvom01v said:
From what I understand from a very reliable source JCA did in fact clone the MK II without consult and permission. :thumbsdown: Quote Unquote. "This is going to get very ugly"
Hmm. I've met Doug of JCA twice and can't imagine that. And I do know from chatting with him that he was looking for more builders like Mike Soldano, who, as far as I know, is also part of JCA. And do you really think that MS himself copies other builders without permission?

duesentrieb":1iavfedb said:
glip22":1iavfedb said:
Hmm. I've met Doug of JCA twice and can't imagine that. And I do know from chatting with him that he was looking for more builders like Mike Soldano, who, as far as I know, is also part of JCA. And do you really think that MS himself copies other builders without permission?
What I was told from a very reliable source. He works for Cornford.

duesentrieb":l3998wp7 said:
Wow. Thats a shame then.
I don't really know but that is what he told me. I do believe he should know and he has never steered me wrong before. I am surprised unless he was misinformed for some reason.

From HCAF:
Originally Posted by Seattle Doug
Hi guys, thanks for the interest here! Couple points:
1. There are a couple very knowledgeable guys in this thread with astute observations!
2. At JCA, I don't build 'clones'. The Soldano designs and THD design and the etc pedals are not clones, they are fully licensed. Even if I market the brown eye or BFG mods to our amps, the mods are not cloned, they are agreed upon and compensated. I think you all know this about me by now?
3. Earhart is a wicked sounding and well built amp. It was designed by a guy who really knows what he's doing and ... See point 2. Whether we end up putting his name on it or not, I dunno yet.
4. With regard to point 3, if that designer designed a similar amp for someone else, it would have been on the market at a higher price than what I announced at NAMM.
5. It'll be coming out of our Custom Shop for cabinetry. Probably the chassis will be limited to black but the user probably will be able to define the coverings and if it runs 6L6 or EL34 out of the box.

Blah blah blah.

sounds to me that the same designer works for two companies now, no?

Back