Want to sell my Ecstacy 101b and 4/12 Uberkab need direction

pcweidman

Can I get some direction on what my MINT Ecstacy with less than 50hrs on it is worth with a mint Uberkab? eBay is a F job and I figured I would get it on here to get a better deal. I don't play like I used to and have many hobbies but I can afford to keep it so I will not be dropping my pants on it. It has the black metal face with white piping as does the cab. It was purchased new by me at Elite Music Sales and has been kept perfect care of.

I also will consider a trade plus cash on a high end 1 or 2x12 combo made by bogner, Mesa, black cat, diezel .... You know all the usual suspects.

If you would like to email me bf I put it on the classifieds please do so. I will then send you pics if you want em.

So it's a 101B with the metal grill option? If so, more info is still required, such as:
1.) any other options (eg, Class A/AB option, etc.)
2.) what brand of tubes are currently in it and how much life is left on them?
3.) what is the exact condition? Is there any tolex damage at all? Faceplate scratches? Non-original parts?

Yes its A/AB and there are NO damages to the tolex. It has factory Rubies in it I think. Whatever come in it is what it has. The exact condition is A+ and has no faceplate scratches and has all original parts. The Amp has not been hotrodded in any form or fashion and also has the 100 working and 95clean factor footswitch. I HATE to get rid of it but damn if I dont have too many hobbies and dont need all that sound anymore. I just want a quality combo in the 30-50 watt range that I can put an extension cab on if I ever start to gig again.

I figure your metal faced 101B with Class A/AB and in dead mint shape could fetch anywhere from $2,250 (if you're impatient) to $2,700 (if you are willing to be patient and find the right buyer). Not to torpedo my fellow forumites, but don't expect to get the best and highest price through a sale on this site! :LOL: :LOL:

Maybe someone else will chime in on the Uberkab. I don't have a good feel for its value.

Ya, $2200 to $2500 seems about right. Sounds like you've got a dead mint head man, why you selling? Ah, nevermind, to each their own.

I'd buy that head!!

As for the UberKab, I've sold 2 in my past. One was dead mint, brand new, not even broken in... Sold it to a cat in FLA for $750.00 The other one I had was used, no damage but it had the amp head flat spots on the top, couple scuffs here and there, otherwise pretty damn fine - $875.00

Cheers,
Mo

If you can deal with the jackasses, I imagine you would get the best price for your Ecstasy locally, through Craigslist/Kijiji, etc. I know people typically sell them on CL in my area for significantly more than they sell for here on the forum (actually, they typically sell for higher prices on The Gear Page than on here too). You want to find a buyer that's NOT on the forums and is NOT comfortable sending some stranger cash through PayPal. Instead, you want a guy that knows a 101B with the features yours has (i.e., metal grill and Class A/AB) sells for more than $3,700 new, so would be happy paying $2,700 for a used one in mint shape. Good luck!

You might try contacting Brad King as he may work a trade deal on a killer combo. He carries ENGL, so the Retro 50 Combo would be a cool thing, but he won't give you a cash out deal unless maybe he bought your Bogner Head & Cab. Sucky thing about selling/shipping a cab is the freight. Uberkab in mint shape might fetch around $600-$800, but shipping it would run like $100. If you're not in need of cash you should keep it as it will slay almost any amp out there in terms of versatility & quality.

Back