how many version are there? Herbert... MK1,MK2 or bluefaced?

hopkinWFG

getting learny on a herbert just how many versions are there and whats the difference between them... i heard Herbert is an answer to bogners uberschall? how true is that?

The MKI had many revisions and different circuit board designs, but there are only two versions. MKI and MKII.

The Herbert prototypes were in actuality a pink/red face with no + or - switch.
The general rule of Herbert's is the earlier the production, the tighter the amp.
The later revision VA, VB etc have a bit more gooey sag possible. They can still be dialed in tight though or a simple mod to the backboard can give you the early Herbert attack.

Very well. Can we hire you ?

Honestly, please send me an email. I want to know
if you are well and in good condition.

Best,
Peter

This one was posted on RT a while back. Cool look. Been rocking a Herbert for a few weeks now; I think it's the second revision (made in 2006) and it sounds huge.

herbert008.jpg

mmolteratx":37bgr0t3 said:
This one was posted on RT a while back. Cool look. Been rocking a Herbert for a few weeks now; I think it's the second revision (made in 2006) and it sounds huge.

herbert008.jpg

I know for a fact that this red Herbert is in Melbourne Australia. I had the pleasure of playing it before I bought my own Herbert. It is super super tight.

Thanks.

All Diezels are super tight compared to other high gain heads.
I miss my Herbert and 07 VH4.

Would love to here the difference between this red face and my old 05

hopkinWFG":3buf7vz0 said:
are the herbert open tone or it does a small amount of compression in a good way?

My 2006 Herbie is pretty compressed, especially with the wrong preamp tubes (Sovteks). Channel 2 in the + mode is where I get most of my rhythm tones, and I find the level of gain/compression similar to channel 3 of the Hagen/VH4 that I've owned/played. Channel 3 is more comparable to Hagen/VH4 channel 4, and has a tone of compression for lead playing. Metric fuckton of low end on all channels. I keep the depth knob rolled all the way off and the bass knobs on channel 2/3 ~ 9 o clock tops. Highs are present, but all of the fizzy character has been dialed out. Honestly, my biggest complaint about Herbie is that I wish the treble were a bit more extended. I don't mind getting a bit of fizz at the upper range of the treble knob. Channel 2 is better in that regard than 3, and matching it with the right cab can help, though running it through my V30 loaded Diezel 412 is one of the better combinations.

Peter Diezel":14dr5da9 said:
Very well. Can we hire you ?

Best,
Peter

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My only time reference to Diezel amps - past/present, is when Ms. Markel, in her infinite electronics wisdom, made Peter move the external bias to the chassis.... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Back