Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Thu, Oct 23, 2014 10:05am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 9:46am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I'm a convert from horizontal to vertical and also from closed to to semi-open back. I am thinking to get a custom made vertical 2x12 with a vertical semi-open back like my current homemade cab which kills. I sold my Bogner OS 2x12 and kept this cab, if that tells you anything. I don't play metal so I don't need it super tight and I've found speakers make a difference. However, I'm thinking of looking back at another HORIZONTAL OS 2x12 like the Bogner, Stonage, Peterson, Stagecraft, Mather or others. Wanted to get some of your experiences with the sonic differences and preferences for the 2x12 cab orientations and why.

...and just for fun, here are the 2x12 cabs I've had and findings:

Marshall 1936 w/ G12-75's: It was OK. Hated the speakers. Sold it.

Port City Wave 2x12: good, but directional and smaller than I'm used too. Sold it.

Port City Wave OS 2x12: Huge sounding, filled back of the room well, but on stage also too directional for me and I messed with my EQ too much on smaller stages to compensate. Sold it.

Splawn: bought it used with Hellatone 30's. Sounded great until I cranked up the bass and it rattled and fell apart. It was an obvious defect, b/c Splawn is great quality, but I found out why the guy sold it so cheap. When I played it at his apartment, it didn't rattle until i got it home and cranked it the next day. Traded it at GC.

Bogner OS 2x12: Loved it. Sold it because it did not beat out my current homemade wide horizontal/vertical semi-open back, which bloomed just slightly more and is taller when vertical. If I get another horizontal, it would be this but with adjustable back panels for closed and semi-open back options.

Forte 3D S/V: Really amazing cab and unfortunate they are not getting as much notoriety on the forums. Extremely well made and and does exactly what they are intended to do. If I could do it again, I would get the full vent, with side vents on the top and bottom. I had lots of compliments from people asking where I got it at a few shows. Not directional at all and pumps out the jams. However, I am have this one up in the Classifieds. My vertical semi-open blooms slightly more.

Faux Dr. Z Semi-open: This is my #1 out of all the cabs I've had over the last 10 years. It is NOT a real Dr. Z cab; I called and asked them and they said, "Hope you got a good deal on it." I did and then some. No idea who made it. Traded the Splawn for this one. I'm thinking to have another made just like it, but with thicker wood and a slightly smaller gap between the panels, which is 6", so maybe bring it down to 4". Pic below:
ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 9:54am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I've been really happy with my full-sized closed-back Orange 212. Lots of mids, pretty good low-end. I'm a bit more of a metal player, so might be tough for me to be really helpful for ya.

Smooth purchases from: ~Abstract~, Mr. Willy, squank, glip22, Dave Simpson, PhilC
Smooth sales to: Shawn Lutz, Flizzo, jsp, Flavatrocious, Tuckerbomb

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 10:40am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

My recommendation is Stone Age! John is great to deal with, the workmanship is outstanding, the quality is top notch (seriously I've tried them all) and the sound is incredible!

Just my 2 cents!

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 10:43am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I've been using Carvin Legacy 2x12s for years. Great tone, rock-solid construction, V30s.

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 10:44am 
Rock God

I have a vertical Bogner that kicks ass.

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 11:00am 
Supah Stah

Got an Orange closed back w/V30s. I dig it. Nice mids, not shrill at all, can be boomy in the low end though. I stuffed some material in it and sealed it, and it took care of the problem. Snagged it off a friend for $400 new; can't beat it for the price.

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 12:09pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I'm another happy Orange closed back 2x12 (V30's) user. I've been using it for years to play hard rock and classic rock and find that it is a great all around cabinet. I agree with the previous post that the bottom end can be huge but I've learned to dial it out somewhat. These cabs are built like tanks and I've seen them on the used market all day from $350-400. I'm often told that my 2x12 sounds bigger and punches more than my 1960B with 75's and V30's. I actually had two of them and sold one to get the Marshall........a decision that I still have second thoughts about.

Voodoo Amps modded 1976 Marshall JMP MKII (50-watt)
Voodoo Amps modded Laney VH100R
1978 Marshall Super Bass 100
Orange PPC212-C cabinet
Marshall 1960B 412 cabinet
Fender American Fat Strat w/JB in bridge
Gibson Flying V
Agile AL3000 LP w/Dimarzio 36th PAF and Suhr Aldrich pups
PRS SE245

Good Deals With: _actual time_ / flavatrocious / pulverizer / Thames / roodboy / mixn4him

PostPosted: Fri, Aug 23, 2013 12:32pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

fender126 wrote:
I'm another happy Orange closed back 2x12 (V30's) user. (...) These cabs are built like tanks (...)

Not to mention that they have recessed handles like a 412. What's not to love about that?

Word of caution: The market's getting flooded with PPC212OB (open back) and PPC212C (compact). You want the plain-ol PPC212.

Smooth purchases from: ~Abstract~, Mr. Willy, squank, glip22, Dave Simpson, PhilC
Smooth sales to: Shawn Lutz, Flizzo, jsp, Flavatrocious, Tuckerbomb

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25, 2013 10:03am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

been reading reviews all weekend. Ugh... I'm thinking Stone Age or Petersen 2x12, Stage Craft Diagonal, or getting a custom built vertical from Mather. I need a convertible or semi-open back. Decisions....

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25, 2013 1:08pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

IMO I would find an old Tube Works vertical 2x12. The one I have have has a door on the back that allows you to have one open and one closed speaker. I bought mine for $90 and threw some greenbacks in it, it sounds killer. :rock: :rock:

http://guitarmike.no-ip.info
https://www.facebook.com/somewhereintimerocks

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25, 2013 2:45pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

My go to 2x12 is a Mesa 3/4 Back 2X12. They sound better as you turn them up, I guess because of the tuning of the cab. I have two of them and don't miss a 4x12 when I use just one of the Mesa's. More pluses is that they are compact and light in weight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NADqXlwRt4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGQto_QagPk

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25, 2013 2:55pm 
Rock God

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
been reading reviews all weekend. Ugh... I'm thinking Stone Age or Petersen 2x12, Stage Craft Diagonal, or getting a custom built vertical from Mather. I need a convertible or semi-open back. Decisions....

I have two Petersen Custom Cabinets horizontal oversized 2x12's. One is closed back, the other is convertible. They are incredible cabs that are built like tanks and sound amazing. My other cabs are now used as drink coasters......

And, better yet, Matt Petersen is a super cool guy to deal with and his turnaround time is super quick!

Check them out:

http://www.petersencustomcabinets.com

Other: Custom pedalboards, Evidence Audio cables

My References (i.e., "Good/Bad Transactions" Thread): viewtopic.php?f=19&t=108175

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25, 2013 5:53pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

rlord1974 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:

I have two Petersen Custom Cabinets horizontal oversized 2x12's. One is closed back, the other is convertible. They are incredible cabs that are built like tanks and sound amazing. My other cabs are now used as drink coasters......

And, better yet, Matt Petersen is a super cool guy to deal with and his turnaround time is super quick!

Check them out:

I saw previous thread where you had the Mojo BB/OS 2x12, I think convertible. How would you rate that one compared to the Petersen?

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25, 2013 7:11pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I'd also check out the Whitebox stuff.

Can be ordered with removable panels to make 3/4 or 1/2 back as needed.

Great prices and US made.

http://www.whiteboxeng.com/

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 25, 2013 8:14pm 
Rock God

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
rlord1974 wrote:
Junk Yard Dog wrote:

Check them out:

I saw previous thread where you had the Mojo BB/OS 2x12, I think convertible. How would you rate that one compared to the Petersen?

Good eye! ;)

Well, if you are determined to run your convertible back cab as a fully closed back, the Mojo might edge out the Petersen *slightly* due to the way the three panels attach to the rear of the cab. Basically, Mojo's system is less likely to result in any unwanted rattling when running it this way. However, if you intend to run your cab as a closed back, you shouldn't be buying a convertible back cab to begin with. I run my convertible Petersen with the centre panel removed on the rear, loaded with an English G12M-25 Greenback and a G12H-30 Anniversary. It sounds amazing with my Matchless and Aiken heads.

Construction wise, the Mojo is very nice and largely comparable to the Petersen.

Tone wise, I like the Petersen better. It has a real 'woody' quality to it, which I like for the style of rock I play.

Overall, I prefer the Petersen. The cosmetics have a vintage vibe and are cool as hell, the build quality is amazing, and knowing Matt made me my cabs to order with his bare hands provides added 'mojo' (parden the pun. :D )

My References (i.e., "Good/Bad Transactions" Thread): viewtopic.php?f=19&t=108175

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 1:01am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I went through the same thing as you.
Got rid of a bunch of cabs and speakers and kept my homemade 2x12.
It's vertical, angled top, rear loaded 1" thick BB with Mesa Celestions.
I made it so I could baffle the front and back if need be, but havent wanted to yet. I've also got it set up so I can velcro muffling in and out.
So far the only thing I have changed is removed the back panel behind the top speaker.
It sounds very open and yet projects very well, especially the lower frequencies.

I'm of the opinion that a great speaker does well in any configuration, given the proper power.
Good luck on your hunt, but if I were you, I'd just build/have one built how you want it.
:yes:

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 6:36am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

I had really good results with a Mesa Rectifier 2x12 with V30's

Caparison Angelus TR
Under construction: Suhr Modern Koa
Gear:
Diezel VH4
Mesa/Boogie over-sized 4x12

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 7:24am 
Rock God Trainee

I was gonna say Forte S/V ...

As for the vert vs horiz debate. I believe guitarists are just used to the old standard horizontal cab.

Vertical is infinitely better.

It is better to vertically arrange drivers than horizontally because of column effect.

"When you start stacking boxes something else comes in - the column effect. Point sources in phase stacked up cause a radiation pattern that is fan-shaped, wide horizontally but confined vertically. The longer the column the greater the effect. Placed side-by-side the effect is rotated 90 degrees so that it is narrow left-to-right but fans up and down (+/- stage and carpet), and in most venues this is not desirable."

Read ROLY posts here for more information:

http://www.guitargear.net.au/discussion ... 55.15.html

i use two forte S/V cabs right now.

"The humans will never destroy us!"

Great transactions with: Dexter Jackson, Pfapin05, Donbarzini, Ratter, Guitarslinger, Sixstring, Empire Prod, Motorpud, Iamthejoker,9841507,Ultron, Diagrammatiks, Juggernaut, studio289, Steve K., Dmtnt, Rhequiem, Craftm1, Red Witch, Reilly, Bucksears, ajr2454, Glip22, jabberwocker!, glassjaw7, Khoi, mizati20, ibanez4life SZ, Glide-on, Prime rib, Droptrd, Bwgintegra,Bognerluv,ben hur,TjSlice, Flizzo,Bronco, leib10, Vchizzle, Captain Stinko, Warhead78

WTF you reading this tiny shit for anyway?

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 11:02am 
Plank Cranker Trainee

moltenmetalburn wrote:

I do love my S/V, but I find that I like my taller, vertical semi-open back slightly more. Then again, I'm always standing within 10 feet of it, so maybe I'm not hearing the difference sonically at a show.

I sing the praises of the S/V all the time, but side-by-side, same flavor of speakers, the cab in the picture at the start of the thread slightly beats the S/V, though I still love the S/V.

I want to find a quality cab maker who can make me a cab I can play vertically, that is slightly wider, deeper, and with heavier wood components than the one above. Though this one above feels somewhat cheap, it still rocks.

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 11:16am 
Supah Stah

taliababa wrote:
I had really good results with a Mesa Rectifier 2x12 with V30's

Thats what ive been using a lot lately and love it, i usually stand mine up on end and put my amp on top, i can hear it better that way. That or the bogner OS are the two 2x12s ive always come back to.

"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."
—Jeff Cooper

Last edited by Marshall Freak on Mon, Aug 26, 2013 11:25am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 11:25am 
Rock God Trainee

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
moltenmetalburn wrote:

I do love my S/V, but I find that I like my taller, vertical semi-open back slightly more. Then again, I'm always standing within 10 feet of it, so maybe I'm not hearing the difference sonically at a show.

I sing the praises of the S/V all the time, but side-by-side, same flavor of speakers, the cab in the picture at the start of the thread slightly beats the S/V, though I still love the S/V.

I want to find a quality cab maker who can make me a cab I can play vertically, that is slightly wider, deeper, and with heavier wood components than the one above. Though this one above feels somewhat cheap, it still rocks.

Have you talked to Dave at forte? He'll do anything you ask for you.

I almost had my s/v built wider than standard to accommodate a head I used to have.

"The humans will never destroy us!"

Great transactions with: Dexter Jackson, Pfapin05, Donbarzini, Ratter, Guitarslinger, Sixstring, Empire Prod, Motorpud, Iamthejoker,9841507,Ultron, Diagrammatiks, Juggernaut, studio289, Steve K., Dmtnt, Rhequiem, Craftm1, Red Witch, Reilly, Bucksears, ajr2454, Glip22, jabberwocker!, glassjaw7, Khoi, mizati20, ibanez4life SZ, Glide-on, Prime rib, Droptrd, Bwgintegra,Bognerluv,ben hur,TjSlice, Flizzo,Bronco, leib10, Vchizzle, Captain Stinko, Warhead78

WTF you reading this tiny shit for anyway?

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 9:10pm 
Apprentice NOOB

Mesa 2x12 Rectifier and ENGL 2x12 Pro, both with V30, closed back, love them both, sound nearly the same. Prefer ENGL's recessed 4x12-like side handles to Mesa's strap on top, but Mesa has the removable casters, and ENGL comes with no casters, though easier to stick in a case...

MusicPlayers.com - The Online Magazine for Serious Musicians
http://www.musicplayers.com

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 26, 2013 10:57pm 
Wannabe a Supah Stah

A sleeper cab is the Carvin vertical slanted 2x12. Mine is from the 90's and has the carpet covering (similar to the old ADA's). It is solid, sounds great, and can be found used on the cheap. I replaced the speakers with a V30 and a CL80. Vertical 2x12's are the only way to go. You can hear them much better than your standard horizontal cab placed on the stage floor. The only thing the horizontal cab has going for it is that it holds a standard sized head with more stability.

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27, 2013 8:14am 
Apprentice NOOB

The Carvin vertical 212 is a great deal on a solid cab. Here it is new:
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/212S

For $90 more you can have the factory install V30s in it for you...

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27, 2013 10:13am 
Apprentice NOOB

I love Soldano 2x12's. Sound brill with everything I've tried in them...
Anyone else here any experience with them?

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27, 2013 12:13pm 
Rock God

I've tried a bunch of different 2x12s and the CAA model stands head and shoulders above the rest of the pack. It's ported in a way that gives it a deceptively huge bass response, it's fairly light weight, sounds great with everything that I've thrown at it (so far), and can be used vertically or horizontally. Mine has a pair of M75s in it.

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27, 2013 12:28pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Robotechnology wrote:
My go to 2x12 is a Mesa 3/4 Back 2X12. They sound better as you turn them up, I guess because of the tuning of the cab. I have two of them and don't miss a 4x12 when I use just one of the Mesa's. More pluses is that they are compact and light in weight.

Yes, don't count out Mesa cabs. I have the Mesa widebody 3/4 back ported 1x12 that I pair with a Mesa/Boogie DC-5 widebody combo and it sounds huge for some reason, almost like its running through a 4x12.

PostPosted: Tue, Aug 27, 2013 12:28pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

That one you like that was sold as a Dr Z looks like an older Avatar. I have the same cab with 2 greenbacks and I use it all the time.

Cameron - JCM 800 RI HG/LG
VHT - Deliverance 120
Top Hat - Club Royale 2x12
Ampeg - VL502
Peavey 5150 - Sig and Block
Splawn - Nitro, Competition
VooDoo - V-Reck, V-Plex
Metaltronix - M1000
Marshall- 87' jcm 800 77' JMP 50w NMV 4 hole, 77' 50w MV
Randall- RM100 x 2 with tons of modules
Ceriatone - Lead Bass 20 (2061x clone)
Sommatone - Slick 18
Fender - 68' Vibro Champ, 69' Twin Reverb, Blues Jr
Laney - GH100L
Clone - Marshall JTM45
010101 - Eleven Rack,Rocktron Pro Gap, Rocktron Chameleon 2000, ADA MP-1 with 3TM, Positive Grid JamUp XT pro and Bias

PostPosted: Mon, Sep 02, 2013 11:50pm 
Wannabe a Supah Stah

In the future I'd love to get a horizontal 2x12 cab that has a super tight chunky low end, roaring midrange and searing crunchy top end- to use with my MarkIV.

Maybe CAA?

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 03, 2013 7:10am 
Apprentice NOOB

petejt wrote:
In the future I'd love to get a horizontal 2x12 cab that has a super tight chunky low end, roaring midrange and searing crunchy top end- to use with my MarkIV.

Maybe CAA?

If you have a Mark IV... get the Mesa 212. It's a superb sounding cabinet that sounds fantastic with a Mark IV. If you don't get a killer tone out of that combination (assuming you love Mesa tone), then the problem lies in your guitar or in your fingers.
:-)

p.s. If you happen to live anywhere near northern NJ, I'm selling my Mesa 212, blue tolex w/black grill, upgraded with the BECOS stereo/mono jackplate... for reasons that have nothing to do with the sound or functionality of cab. (I need a 212 from the amp company I have an endorsement deal with and can't afford one cab without selling the other). But assuming you're nowhere near hear, I have nothing but praise for this cab, and used it with my Triaxis/2:Ninety rig (in stereo) as well as with a Road King II for those times I didn't need my 412.

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 03, 2013 7:29am 
Rock God

petejt wrote:

Maybe CAA?

I can't recommend the CAA enough...should sound stellar with the Mark IV. I went through several Mesa cabs in my search for "the" 2x12...the CAA really stood out over any of them. The Mesas weren't bad, the CAA was just better.

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 03, 2013 1:28pm 
VIP

Love the Splawn 2x12 cabs. We have a dozen of them in the studio. They are built really well and sound awesome. The problem you has with your Splawn cab was a fluke ... or possibly the cab was damaged by the previous owner. Splawn customer service is second to none!

My YouTube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/BigShoeMusic

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 03, 2013 5:45pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Earcandy buzzbomb w/ eminence v12....can be set either horizontal or vertical ;)

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 03, 2013 5:49pm 
Rock God

apophis wrote:
Earcandy buzzbomb w/ eminence v12....can be set either horizontal or vertical ;)

Is that guy still taking customer deposits and not delivering the cabinets, or is he finally officially out of business?

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 03, 2013 6:21pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Mesa\Kramer wrote:
I'd also check out the Whitebox stuff.

Can be ordered with removable panels to make 3/4 or 1/2 back as needed.

Great prices and US made.

http://www.whiteboxeng.com/

I have a 2x12 from them with Eminence Swamp Thang/Texas Heat. Sounds great closed or 3/4 back and is very high quality all around.

PostPosted: Tue, Sep 03, 2013 10:21pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

...Yes, the Splawn I had was definitely a fluke. I know those cabs slay, just unfortunate the used one I got was defective. I'd love to try one of their 4x12's.

PostPosted: Sat, Sep 07, 2013 11:21pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

rlord1974 wrote:
apophis wrote:

Is that guy still taking customer deposits and not delivering the cabinets, or is he finally officially out of business?

I think he is back,saw some of his cabs in ebay....my cab took 8 months to get here originally...i later got 2 more from ebay but in the end only kept one...some speakers sound really really nice in these cabs

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 12:05pm 
Wannabe a Supah Stah

scottkahn wrote:
petejt wrote:

Maybe CAA?

If you have a Mark IV... get the Mesa 212. It's a superb sounding cabinet that sounds fantastic with a Mark IV. If you don't get a killer tone out of that combination (assuming you love Mesa tone), then the problem lies in your guitar or in your fingers.
:-)

I used to have a Stiletto 4x12 closed-back cab which was fantastic. Although over time I started to get annoyed with the V30s.
I sold the cab as I needed the money, but I managed to get hold of some MC90 & EV speakers, and installed them with some WGS ET-65s into two secondhand 4x12 cabs. They sound pretty good, but I would like to make the impedance 8 ohms per side rather than 16 ohms per side.

scottkahn wrote:
[p.s. If you happen to live anywhere near northern NJ, I'm selling my Mesa 212, blue tolex w/black grill, upgraded with the BECOS stereo/mono jackplate... for reasons that have nothing to do with the sound or functionality of cab. (I need a 212 from the amp company I have an endorsement deal with and can't afford one cab without selling the other). But assuming you're nowhere near hear, I have nothing but praise for this cab, and used it with my Triaxis/2:Ninety rig (in stereo) as well as with a Road King II for those times I didn't need my 412.

Well I live about 20,000km as the crow flies to northern New Jersey. Just a tad outside the neighbourhood ;)

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 12:07pm 
Wannabe a Supah Stah

rupe wrote:
petejt wrote:

Maybe CAA?

I can't recommend the CAA enough...should sound stellar with the Mark IV. I went through several Mesa cabs in my search for "the" 2x12...the CAA really stood out over any of them. The Mesas weren't bad, the CAA was just better.

I'd love to get hold of a CAA one day, run it with a slave feed from the MarkIV to my Jazz Chorus combo amp- would sound huge.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 12:08pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I LOVE my Splawn 2x12's. Lots of bottom end yet a very clear sounding cab.

Mammoth Custom "JerEvil"
Mammoth Custom Super Strat
PRS SC245
PRS CE24
Gibson "Custom" Flying V
MXR / EHX / BOSS / Dunlop / TC Effects

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 4:43pm 
Apprentice NOOB

petejt wrote:

Well I live about 20,000km as the crow flies to northern New Jersey. Just a tad outside the neighbourhood ;)

No worries. I'm really not dying to sell it since I know I'm going to own more Mesa gear (probably a Mark V, actually), and I'd want to play it through my Mesa cab. In fact I'm not even running an auction for it anymore... it's too good sounding.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 4:50pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Why only 2x12's, weight or the size? If it's weight I have a great solution.

Diezel VH4
Friedman BE100
Mesa Mini Rec
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Triaxis/Simul395
John Suhr Guitars[/i
]

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 5:12pm 
Plank Cranker

I recently took an eminence wizard out of my splawn 2x12 (to accomodate an 8 ohm setup for the attenuator) and set it up vertically (with the remaining governor in the top slot) and the whole thing angled up at around 30 degrees. So it's pretty much a ported 1x12 now, with a 12" port on the front side.
Really digging it!!!
Cab is surprisingly still very tight and it's nice to just hear the governor for a change.
Anybody do this?
here's a pi

ESP Board==>Krypton, JSP, NWright, hyperdrive67
TGP==>archelo, motocooney, oversteve, rdamato
HC==>npidge, darkcide
eBay==>100% feedback

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 5:23pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

RG955TT wrote:
Why only 2x12's, weight or the size? If it's weight I have a great solution.

No need for a 4x12 right now, maybe ever. I can always grab one off of CL. I've grown to love 2x12's for the rooms I play.

I'm looking to get a custom one made from Peterson, much like the Dr. Z on the top. OR, I may go diagonal that is 30" tall and with a convertible back option.

PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 5:38pm 
Rock God

Junk Yard Dog wrote:
I'm looking to get a custom [2x12" cab] made from Peterson.

Atta boy! :thumbsup: Have you chatted with Matt about it? He's a great guy.