Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Fri, Aug 01, 2014 4:49am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Lickliter Amplification
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 1:45pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Oct 26, 2011 5:54am
Posts: 692
Went to a show last night and got to hear this bad boy in a live mix. Holy shit! It has the fullness of two guitarists playing at the same time but the tightness of one. I has a fantastic frequency range and really cuts and fits right in where guitar needs to be in the mix. Awesome job with this thing Mike!!! It seriously kicks so much ass :rock: :rock:


-Alex


Attachments:
1276449_506111189481124_1631982500_o.jpg
1276449_506111189481124_1631982500_o.jpg [ 394.53 KiB | Viewed 428 times ]
1276220_506112409481002_259888401_o.jpg
1276220_506112409481002_259888401_o.jpg [ 338.54 KiB | Viewed 428 times ]

_________________
I am the Banana.
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 1:48pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 25, 2011 9:35am
Posts: 1449
Location: Olympia, WA
I spy external bias points. Very cool!

_________________
I like old Coke better than new Coke because it's old and well.. So am I

-Some random dude on the radio

Wise man say- forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

-Michelangelo

I can't Lay It Down on a FUCKING TOASTER!!

-Adolf Hitler


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 1:57pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Mon, May 23, 2011 11:07am
Posts: 1610
Location: Bay Area, California
Yep, Mike's amps sound killer.

_________________
http://www.soundcloud.com/garey77


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 2:07pm 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Thu, Jan 21, 2010 10:29pm
Posts: 6098
Location: Los Angeles
Looks cool, not really into the nameplate thoughzzz

_________________
I play guitar, a lot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 2:15pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 25, 2011 9:35am
Posts: 1449
Location: Olympia, WA
Rezamatix wrote:
Looks cool, not really into the nameplate thoughzzz


I think it's an improvement over the last one. But I liked that one too. :thumbsup:

_________________
I like old Coke better than new Coke because it's old and well.. So am I

-Some random dude on the radio

Wise man say- forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

-Michelangelo

I can't Lay It Down on a FUCKING TOASTER!!

-Adolf Hitler


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 2:36pm 
Offline
Rock God
User avatar

Joined: Thu, Jan 21, 2010 10:29pm
Posts: 6098
Location: Los Angeles
garey77 wrote:
Yep, Mike's amps sound killer.



is there any clips of this bad boy? looks badass. Im actually interested just because of the looks right now.

_________________
I play guitar, a lot.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 2:42pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Apr 20, 2011 1:16pm
Posts: 1242
Location: Phoenix, Az
Looks like Diezel and Cameron got together and had a baby....named it "LICKLITER"! It does look great and has the features we all want. :thumbsup:

_________________
Soldano SLO's, Bogner's, Les Pauls, Suhr's, a few nice pedals.....Planet Waves, that's all I really need!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 2:43pm 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Thu, Sep 30, 2010 8:07pm
Posts: 2759
Location: MO-town
Rezamatix wrote:
garey77 wrote:
Yep, Mike's amps sound killer.



is there any clips of this bad boy? looks badass. Im actually interested just because of the looks right now.







http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=129072

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=138698&hilit=Lickliter

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=129815&hilit=Lickliter

http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=132481&hilit=Lickliter


Have been really wanting one of these for a while, very awesome amps.

I like the first link best but there is also a live clip and a clip of the clean channel!!!!!

Great features and looks pretty awesome on stage all lit up. :rock:

I know your a Diezel guy with much respect. But dont sleep on the Lickliter.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 5:23pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Dec 21, 2010 3:40pm
Posts: 1752
Location: Western USA
Mike's amps rule! :rock:

Had his Rage prototype for a while... until a friend fell in-love with it and I caved and sold it to him). I should've kept it... :aww:

Seriously... I don't miss the Bogners, VHT, Engl, etc... but I do miss the Lickliter.

Image

_________________
iTunes <---- from Hell's heart, I stab at thee!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 5:35pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 25, 2011 9:35am
Posts: 1449
Location: Olympia, WA
Damn John, that's SLICK!

_________________
I like old Coke better than new Coke because it's old and well.. So am I

-Some random dude on the radio

Wise man say- forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

-Michelangelo

I can't Lay It Down on a FUCKING TOASTER!!

-Adolf Hitler


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 5:46pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Dec 21, 2010 3:40pm
Posts: 1752
Location: Western USA
xXDaveyJonesXx wrote:
Damn John, that's SLICK!


She was a sweetie for sure! At least I can still drive across town and visit her.

How you doin' bud? How's that Bogner Red working for you?

_________________
iTunes <---- from Hell's heart, I stab at thee!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri, Sep 13, 2013 6:00pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 25, 2011 9:35am
Posts: 1449
Location: Olympia, WA
Red_Label wrote:
xXDaveyJonesXx wrote:
Damn John, that's SLICK!


She was a sweetie for sure! At least I can still drive across town and visit her.

How you doin' bud? How's that Bogner Red working for you?


Doing well, yourself?

Busy as ever, but I managed to slip some vacation time in there so I honestly haven't even got to give it a go yet. That just seems criminal, now that I think about it..

_________________
I like old Coke better than new Coke because it's old and well.. So am I

-Some random dude on the radio

Wise man say- forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

-Michelangelo

I can't Lay It Down on a FUCKING TOASTER!!

-Adolf Hitler


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 14, 2013 9:00am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Oct 26, 2011 5:54am
Posts: 692
xXDaveyJonesXx wrote:
I spy external bias points. Very cool!



External Bias points for each individual power tube. You can put 4 different kinds of power tubes in this bad boy at the same time <3 At the show mike has 2 kt88's and two el34's which sounded pretty killer.

_________________
I am the Banana.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 14, 2013 9:10am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 25, 2011 9:35am
Posts: 1449
Location: Olympia, WA
bananaladonpcp wrote:
xXDaveyJonesXx wrote:
I spy external bias points. Very cool!



External Bias points for each individual power tube. You can put 4 different kinds of power tubes in this bad boy at the same time <3 At the show mike has 2 kt88's and two el34's which sounded pretty killer.


Jeeze..

_________________
I like old Coke better than new Coke because it's old and well.. So am I

-Some random dude on the radio

Wise man say- forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.

-Michelangelo

I can't Lay It Down on a FUCKING TOASTER!!

-Adolf Hitler


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 14, 2013 10:57am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Mon, May 23, 2011 11:07am
Posts: 1610
Location: Bay Area, California
Yeah, this build (XD120) is badass. I've been gassing for the XD100. It will be mine... oh yes, it will be mine.


Attachments:
th.jpeg
th.jpeg [ 9.11 KiB | Viewed 224 times ]

_________________
http://www.soundcloud.com/garey77
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 14, 2013 8:08pm 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Fri, Jul 04, 2008 2:46pm
Posts: 2874
Location: indiana Pa.
This is a killer looking head and his amps sound fantastic. :rock:

_________________
Amps
2 Diezel Herbert's,Diezel Blueface VH4,Marshall 1981 jcm 800 out for a mod,78 marshall jmp super clean,fender dual showman, hot rodded fender bassman 70 ,Aldrich modded jmp by John suhr,Mesa Boogie mkIII blue strip coli, Rhodes orthos
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Cabs
6 Diezel fl cabs,1 clean jcm 800 bottom cab, 80's mint mesa diamond grate cab
________________________________________________________________________________________
Guitars
1 Gibson 1989 V90,7 string diamond schecter,Charvel pro mod,Carvin 5 string aniv bass, suhr tele rootbeer
Suhr tele in faded trans whale blue burst.R8 les paul, CollingsCL deluxe,07 R8 les paul, 1979 les paul deluxe near mint.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Good Dealings With

Brad King,Steve K, tlingen,Josh Sage,Rob from T.M's, The Hoff, reallypfc, Hugh Damann,jofipe,James Lugo,Braciola,232cap,benduncan,jcm800x4


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat, Sep 14, 2013 11:54pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Oct 26, 2011 5:54am
Posts: 692
Hard&Heavy wrote:
This is a killer looking head and his amps sound fantastic. :rock:



They really are fantastic amps. They deserve and demand alot of respect. I hope to see some more of these bad boys

_________________
I am the Banana.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun, Sep 15, 2013 11:36pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Mar 02, 2011 6:07pm
Posts: 548
bananaladonpcp wrote:
Went to a show last night and got to hear this bad boy in a live mix. Holy shit! It has the fullness of two guitarists playing at the same time but the tightness of one. I has a fantastic frequency range and really cuts and fits right in where guitar needs to be in the mix. Awesome job with this thing Mike!!! It seriously kicks so much ass :rock: :rock:


-Alex


Thanks! This XD100 video is probably the closest example of the current XD120 design. This XD100 amp has a standard biasing section with a quad of EL34's. I have also attached some earlier examples of this amp.

_________________
http://www.lickliteramplification.com
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lickliter ... 0444393869
http://www.youtube.com/user/mlickliter67


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 16, 2013 9:05am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Trainee
User avatar

Joined: Wed, Oct 26, 2011 5:54am
Posts: 692
LickliterAmps wrote:
bananaladonpcp wrote:
Went to a show last night and got to hear this bad boy in a live mix. Holy shit! It has the fullness of two guitarists playing at the same time but the tightness of one. I has a fantastic frequency range and really cuts and fits right in where guitar needs to be in the mix. Awesome job with this thing Mike!!! It seriously kicks so much ass :rock: :rock:


-Alex


Thanks! This XD100 video is probably the closest example of the current XD120 design. This XD100 amp has a standard biasing section with a quad of EL34's. I have also attached some earlier examples of this amp.




XD100 sounds so goooood uuuuugh :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

_________________
I am the Banana.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon, Sep 16, 2013 1:25pm 
Offline
Supah Stah

Joined: Thu, Sep 30, 2010 8:07pm
Posts: 2759
Location: MO-town
xXDaveyJonesXx wrote:
bananaladonpcp wrote:
xXDaveyJonesXx wrote:
I spy external bias points. Very cool!



External Bias points for each individual power tube. You can put 4 different kinds of power tubes in this bad boy at the same time <3 At the show mike has 2 kt88's and two el34's which sounded pretty killer.


Jeeze..



:rock:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Laurens and 18 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group