Vigier

War Admiral":10xxmpay said:
kasperjensen":10xxmpay said:
They are absolutely amazing guitars, and I am quite surprised how little love they get. It's so stable...

Not the best picture of mine... But it will do.
Nice axe! Did you try the non locking tremelos that they make? It seems they stay in tune even with a lot of whammy abuse.
Do the floyded models have the 0 fret?

It's the only model I have actually played. I traded some other guitars I had for this one through a friend of mine. It's an Excalibur from 1999.

It does indeed have the zero fret.

One of the things I really like about is that it's really even up and down the neck. You know how some guitars can have a slight drop here and there, and you have to fight a bit more in places... Well this thing is like a piano.

I hardly ever use the trem so I have a blocker in it, which makes it even better in my opinion.

I find it to be the most 'soulful' out of the superstrats I have tried. It does have a bit of character, and it doesn't feel like you have to play shred on it, if that makes sense...

man this guy looks awesome!

moy_2392.jpg

JerEvil":1qsfpom7 said:
man this guy looks awesome!

moy_2392.jpg

I owned a Vigier GV Wood once for about 6 months. It is an amazing guitar. Very versatile. Clear and articulate. Effortless to play and extremely stable. If I had the funds, I'd buy another on in a heartbeat. Highly recommended. I also own Vigier Excalibur that has been highly modified. It's my #1 guitar. When I went to France a couple years ago, I played though a bunch of the other models and each one was excellent. I'd definitely put Vigier up there with Suhr and TA. The only drawback is that there aren't as many customization/personalization options as other boutique builders.

I'm interested in getting a couple of Vigier's-- a Surfreter and Shawn Lane 10th Anniversary (let me know if you have one!)-- and have been trying to reach the company for the past couple weeks to no avail. I've tried Vigier in France, Vigier USA, as well as Diffusion Audio. Nobody has gotten back to me. They're still in business, right? I'm especially interested in the fretless right now and had some questions about some custom specs.

Any Vigier fans on here? Would love to hear your thoughts regarding how they stack up against more popular brands here in North America, such as Tyler, Suhr, TA, etc. There are definitely some innovative features which I find quite appealing.

I've played several Vigier guitars. Great guitars, cool neck shape. The locking tuners are beefy trem systems that don't have a locking n ut stay in tune really well. Then theres the neck you never need to adjust. If you have the chance to pick one up, so so.

Back