Friedman Full Range cabs at NAMM 2015

Rexxyboy

At the end of this Video Dave talks about his new cabs, 500w Full Range cabs for AXE FX, Kemper, Line 6 etc, pretty cool.
Anyone here got some more info, ETA, pricing, active, passive?

Should be available any day now. 500 watts celestial drivers. Punchy and not to bright like some full range cabs. They have a real Knock to them like a guitar cab would.

RACKSYSTEMS":3vckzifk said:
Should be available any day now. 500 watts celestial drivers. Punchy and not to bright like some full range cabs. They have a real Knock to them like a guitar cab would.

Are these powered or non-powered? I'd love to pick up a matching Friedman FRFR cab to go with my BE100 and Friedman 4x12.

RACKSYSTEMS":15twftpv said:
Full info would be great , detail specs , pics , price , option(s) ....?

Cab are 799.00 and are available from all retailers that choose to Carry them. Tone Merchants just got a pair for a customer and they have more coming. Other retailers coming sould be getting them also.

Hi there,

I am totally unexperienced with modelling-amp-setups.

Am I right: This fullrange-box is ment to be played live with a eg. Axe Fx or Kemper giving the sound and feel of a “normal rig” (Head and Cabinet)?

I read in different statements, that these modelling amps normally are played straight into PA or mixers (in studios), cause they don’t give a good/comparable sound and feel when played with normal guitaramp-cabinets. Would such a fullrange-box solve this issue?

You still would need a suitable poweramp, do you?

Sorry for these dump questions, but as I mentioned above …

Cheers!

You are correct. The full range speaker is made to replicate the sound of what's coming out of the PA and not color your sound like a traditional speaker cabinet would do.

They are power cabs, no power amp needed. Yes they are mainly for modeling units like the axe or 11 rack or Kemper. Any source can be put through them though. Vocals, drums bass keys etc. Very loud and punchy cab. Warm on the top end not brittle.

RACKSYSTEMS":dsdakl81 said:
They are power cabs, no power amp needed. Yes they are mainly for modeling units like the axe out 11 rack or Kemper. Any source can be put through them though. Vocals, drums bass keys etc. Very loud and punchy cab. Warm on the top end not brittle.
Oh, so it's opposite of a CLR then. :LOL: :LOL:

What size speaker is in these and when can we see some pictures?

Back