Frank Sinatra: All or Nothing at All (HBO Documentary)

TrueTone500

Banned
Best documentary I've seen since History of the Eagles. Make sure you record both parts 1 & 2.

Frank Sinatra... Chairman of the Board! :salute:

Frank was the first "rock star", so to speak... One icon to another, I loved what Bruce Springsteen said at the intro.

Starting part 2 today... Part 1 was simply awesome!

Frank pulls up to the gate of his own house (with Ava Gardner), hits the intercom, and says to his wife; "Honey, please tell Ava that we're getting a divorce." That's a riot! :LOL: :LOL:

Just got through with part 2... Blown away! :thumbsup: I would love to own a club that plays nothing but music from the big band era... Would anyone come, I wonder?

TrueTone500":3uij56um said:
Just got through with part 2... Blown away! :thumbsup: I would love to own a club that plays nothing but music from the big band era... Would anyone come, I wonder?

Yes. That music is timeless to me in a live setting. True musical bad asses in big band IMO. :thumbsup:

By 1994, I was completely worn-out on metal music. I honestly don't care if I never hear it again. I still appreciate good metal tones, but in a limited context. I grew-up on 60's and 70's hard rock and pop music, which I've totally fallen back on. I still dig the RR/Ozzy stuff, and some neo-classical, but that's about as hard as I can stand. All of this scull cap, neck beard, drop-tune garbage is nothing more than bass playing on guitar... I f-ing hate it!

One of the first houses he bought and lived in for a couple years when he became famous is a couple blocks over from me.

TrueTone500":38w1s2xn said:
I grew-up on 60's and 70's hard rock and pop music, which I've totally fallen back on.
You and me both man. :yes:
Was jammin some Blondie "dreaming" tonite. Nice and fresh from all the new crap. :LOL: :LOL:

Interesting, I'm older and I can't stand classic rock anymore. I yearn for something new. Retreading same old same old is boring. I had to move on.
I'm going back to heavy and I love massive tones and I don't mind dropped tuning if it's good. Tuning means nothing to me. Either music is good or it sucks. It's not dependent on tuning. Fact.

Want to hear something amazing? I work in a high school and I frequently talk with the kids when they take a break from working. I had a couple of 9th and 10th grade girls in my classroom and we were talking about music, since they've seen me play the acoustic I keep in my room. I told them that some of the first music I ever got into as a kid (I'll be 30 in July), before learning to play guitar, was Frank Sinatra. Both of the girls were all over it and started to name tunes, even some of the deeper cuts. Needless to say, I was shocked. Earlier in the year, I had a senior girl plug her iPhone into a computer and start playing EVH. Kids'll surprise you every so often.

The internet these days allows for a LOT more exposure to the older stuff. I stopped buying CD's in the 90's (was poor in my college days) and got into vinyl/records, and discovered SO much more out there that I'd only heard about. Now you can find copies of a lot of stuff online and that is helping musician's out fathomably...Keep on truckin muchachos..

Thanks for the heads-up. I just used the remote features to find the next showings (tomorrow) and then setup the DVR to record it in HD. Technology (when Comcast's version of it works) is awesome :thumbsup:

I'm not a huge fan, but Sinatra was the shit back in the day. Should be interesting...

Badronald":fvhibf6p said:
Interesting, I'm older and I can't stand classic rock anymore. I yearn for something new. Retreading same old same old is boring. I had to move on.
I'm going back to heavy and I love massive tones and I don't mind dropped tuning if it's good. Tuning means nothing to me. Either music is good or it sucks. It's not dependent on tuning. Fact.

Me too. I still listen to the classics in doses but man there is some great new music out there and quite a bit that isn't drop tuned. I like my music diet very diverse.... I can't stand eating the same thing everyday why in the hell would I limit my music to one time period or genre?

I love documentaries and even though I'm not a Sinatra fan I like watching good docs even about things I would think I would be interested in. I find I watch more docs than movies these days.

Back