What is the best guitar for $1200 or less?

mooncobra

it has to have at least 1 humbucker, new or used, any style. what do you guys think, most bang for your buck??

you can find used MM axis' for 1000-1200 all day long. Peavey wolf gangs are less than a grand. both great guitars.

In strat style, agree the used charvel cs
In a LP/evh-WG style, used peavey hp's. There is a nice looking flame top on reverb ATM for about 700-800(iirc).

I'm fortunate that my go to guitars can be had for $300-$400 used all day long and I stocked up. 95'-early 2000's Rg570's were basically Ibanez's Prestige line before there was one. They're MIJ, come with original Edge trems, and Super Wizard necks, and rosewood boards. I just upgrade the electronics and add locking tuners for faster string changes. Of course the super thin necks aren't for everyone, but they feel like pure sex to me after I sand the finish off the back of them.

ESP ltd 1000 series and the ltd elite, Eclipse or Viper. They are damn solid guitars. Some of the upper end Dean korean imports are great guitars, and for about a grand new, but style-wise they aren't for everyone. Love my Dean ML79 though, it's a badass workhorse guitar that never goes out of tune, has amazing resonance and sustain for a floating bridge equipped guitar. Honestly, it's one of the best sounding guitar I've ever owned.

I really dig the PRS S2 series guitars, I have a mira and Its really growing in me, grabbed it for 1002 out the door MF, the standard 22s are really nice as well....

The most bang for your bucks is a used USA Charvel guitar. You can get one in a good condition for 850 to $900 bucks. The guitar neck on these guitars are as good as a Custom Shop Charvel guitar.

Back