Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sun, Aug 19, 2018 5:01am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed, May 16, 2018 4:27am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Sat, Apr 01, 2017 2:36pm
Posts: 248
Are you human?: 951
I hope u dig it as much as I do! Excuse my sloppy playing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aRsAp6 ... 3524415101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2GlCyAFkzI
louder version here

https://soundcloud.com/ios4ever/harvest ... uitar-tone

_________________
Mesa Boogie Mark III blue stripe simul-class- loaded with a wgs veteran 30 60watts
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
1983 USA Kramer Pacer - di marzio breed
Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSLpN ... subscriber
https://soundcloud.com/ios4ever


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, May 16, 2018 10:46am 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jun 24, 2006 3:54pm
Posts: 3399
Location: True North
Are you human?: 951
Sounds exact. Any studio trickery going on ? Sounds like the isolated guitar tracks from the CD were profiled on a Kemper.

_________________

BRJ Vixen, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Wagner pickups
Bogner cabinets w/Celestion Marshall Vintage speakers
Larry amplification
RJM, Diamond, Origin, FoxRox, Dunlop, H.B.E., T.C. effects


Good deals with : locoed, Racerxrated, GreazyGeo, Nondeplume, chocolatefish, Beyond Black, lespaul6, kickaxeguitars, psychodave, Tonelover


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, May 16, 2018 11:04am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Sat, Apr 01, 2017 2:36pm
Posts: 248
Are you human?: 951
Haha no studio tracks! U can hear my sloppy playing and mistakes haha actually the tone sounds like their demos

_________________
Mesa Boogie Mark III blue stripe simul-class- loaded with a wgs veteran 30 60watts
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
1983 USA Kramer Pacer - di marzio breed
Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSLpN ... subscriber
https://soundcloud.com/ios4ever


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, May 16, 2018 11:06am 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker

Joined: Wed, Sep 02, 2015 12:47pm
Posts: 1666
Are you human?: 951
Sounds pretty darn close. Add some backing tracks to see how it sits in the mix.

_________________
Please don’t PM me any questions about any amps since I only check messages when selling gear.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, May 16, 2018 11:14am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Sat, Apr 01, 2017 2:36pm
Posts: 248
Are you human?: 951
psychodave wrote:
Sounds pretty darn close. Add some backing tracks to see how it sits in the mix.

Thx man! I really appreciate that coming from you guys. I should try covering some songs using these settings!

_________________
Mesa Boogie Mark III blue stripe simul-class- loaded with a wgs veteran 30 60watts
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
1983 USA Kramer Pacer - di marzio breed
Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSLpN ... subscriber
https://soundcloud.com/ios4ever


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, May 16, 2018 5:13pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Sat, Jan 30, 2010 8:25am
Posts: 1007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Are you human?: 951
How did you set the eq on the amp ? That was damn close dude. Sounded fukin brutal.

Me and my buddy did this with my drg into a Randall iso cab with a C90. So hard to capture that album tone.
https://youtu.be/ZUXOnIMzi5I


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, May 16, 2018 5:37pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker
User avatar

Joined: Tue, Jan 05, 2016 8:26pm
Posts: 1316
Location: Green dumpster behind the Waikiki 7-11
Are you human?: 951
Nice job dude!

_________________
Cheesy home recordings -> https://soundcloud.com/faka-894685110

Daisy Rock Les Paul - Skulls & Roses (14-7803)
First Act Arrow Electric Guitar Pack with Amp - Red
Gorilla GG-10 (Hand wired) with master volume mod by Voodoo Amps


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, May 16, 2018 9:30pm 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:59am
Posts: 3275
sotosprince wrote:


I noticed that you just like me found out using 6L6 and EL34 in Simulclass really helps nail the tone.

_________________
Gear Porn with no BS http://www.suckerfreegear.com - (Currently Under Construction)
Youtube Page https://www.youtube.com/user/SuckerFreeGear/videos


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed, May 16, 2018 9:38pm 
Offline
Rock God

Joined: Sun, Mar 25, 2012 6:51pm
Posts: 6361
Location: Wi
Are you human?: 951
I was just listening to that today....spot on!

_________________
Many Toys in my Attic


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, May 17, 2018 1:43am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Sat, Apr 01, 2017 2:36pm
Posts: 248
Are you human?: 951
Thx a lot guyz! That means a lot! Regarding the eq, most of the times I use the classic Metallica v shaped eq. Vol 10, treble 10, bass 0, mids 2pulled (adds more gain) , master 2( I have an isolation cabinet), lead 4 and lead master 3 pulled. I also use some eq in the torpedo wall of sound software because the custom impulse that I ve found is really scooped. I think I might do a video tutorial using the torpedo CAB and this impulse.

_________________
Mesa Boogie Mark III blue stripe simul-class- loaded with a wgs veteran 30 60watts
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
1983 USA Kramer Pacer - di marzio breed
Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSLpN ... subscriber
https://soundcloud.com/ios4ever


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, May 17, 2018 1:46am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Sat, Apr 01, 2017 2:36pm
Posts: 248
Are you human?: 951
Big Rich wrote:
How did you set the eq on the amp ? That was damn close dude. Sounded fukin brutal.

Me and my buddy did this with my drg into a Randall iso cab with a C90. So hard to capture that album tone.
https://youtu.be/ZUXOnIMzi5I

I think it's impossible to even come close to the justice tone without using different mics and a parametric eq. Using impulses is much easier. I have an isolation cab but no matter how many times I ve tried recording, it doesn't sound as good as my torpedo CAB. Also, the Randall iso needs some mods to sound right... A friend of mine had one and he decided to mod it using some more foam after watching a video on YouTube. The problem is that unless you use either a 2x12 or 4x12, the recording lacks tightness.

_________________
Mesa Boogie Mark III blue stripe simul-class- loaded with a wgs veteran 30 60watts
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
1983 USA Kramer Pacer - di marzio breed
Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSLpN ... subscriber
https://soundcloud.com/ios4ever


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, May 17, 2018 2:06am 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:59am
Posts: 3275
sotosprince wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
How did you set the eq on the amp ? That was damn close dude. Sounded fukin brutal.

Me and my buddy did this with my drg into a Randall iso cab with a C90. So hard to capture that album tone.
https://youtu.be/ZUXOnIMzi5I

I think it's impossible to even come close to the justice tone without using different mics and a parametric eq. Using impulses is much easier. I have an isolation cab but no matter how many times I ve tried recording, it doesn't sound as good as my torpedo CAB. Also, the Randall iso needs some mods to sound right... A friend of mine had one and he decided to mod it using some more foam after watching a video on YouTube. The problem is that unless you use either a 2x12 or 4x12, the recording lacks tightness.


No shit I always tell people to use a 4x12, anything less go home. If you're using an ISO cab use one that you put a 4x12 into like the ones A&S sells. There is no way to compensate for a small cab when it comes to tones like these, I don't car what anyone says.

_________________
Gear Porn with no BS http://www.suckerfreegear.com - (Currently Under Construction)
Youtube Page https://www.youtube.com/user/SuckerFreeGear/videos


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, May 17, 2018 2:30am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Sat, Apr 01, 2017 2:36pm
Posts: 248
Are you human?: 951
EXPcustom wrote:
sotosprince wrote:
Big Rich wrote:
How did you set the eq on the amp ? That was damn close dude. Sounded fukin brutal.

Me and my buddy did this with my drg into a Randall iso cab with a C90. So hard to capture that album tone.
https://youtu.be/ZUXOnIMzi5I

I think it's impossible to even come close to the justice tone without using different mics and a parametric eq. Using impulses is much easier. I have an isolation cab but no matter how many times I ve tried recording, it doesn't sound as good as my torpedo CAB. Also, the Randall iso needs some mods to sound right... A friend of mine had one and he decided to mod it using some more foam after watching a video on YouTube. The problem is that unless you use either a 2x12 or 4x12, the recording lacks tightness.


No shit I always tell people to use a 4x12, anything less go home. If you're using an ISO cab use one that you put a 4x12 into like the ones A&S sells. There is no way to compensate for a small cab when it comes to tones like these, I don't car what anyone says.

Thats so true man... The two notes products are so amazing for both home recording and club gigging..I can't imagine recording without my torpedo CAB...

_________________
Mesa Boogie Mark III blue stripe simul-class- loaded with a wgs veteran 30 60watts
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
1983 USA Kramer Pacer - di marzio breed
Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSLpN ... subscriber
https://soundcloud.com/ios4ever


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, May 17, 2018 3:10am 
Offline
Supah Stah
User avatar

Joined: Fri, Apr 10, 2009 5:59am
Posts: 3275
One more question do you notice a difference in tone running 6l6 with EL34s in Simulclass mode or is it similar when just running all four of the same like EL34s or 6l6s?

_________________
Gear Porn with no BS http://www.suckerfreegear.com - (Currently Under Construction)
Youtube Page https://www.youtube.com/user/SuckerFreeGear/videos


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, May 17, 2018 5:14am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Sat, Apr 01, 2017 2:36pm
Posts: 248
Are you human?: 951
EXPcustom wrote:
One more question do you notice a difference in tone running 6l6 with EL34s in Simulclass mode or is it similar when just running all four of the same like EL34s or 6l6s?

To be honest, there might be some small tone differences... Maybe the one sounds more powerful when running simulclass.. I'll record the same riff and get back to you!
Meanwhile I recorded 2 guitars really fast based on a backing track for the freyed ends of sanity that I found. This is what it sounds like
Lots of mistakes - even the main riff is wrong but who cares haha its all about the tone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMHIKjS ... e=youtu.be

_________________
Mesa Boogie Mark III blue stripe simul-class- loaded with a wgs veteran 30 60watts
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
1983 USA Kramer Pacer - di marzio breed
Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSLpN ... subscriber
https://soundcloud.com/ios4ever


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu, May 17, 2018 7:07pm 
Offline
Plank Cranker Wanker

Joined: Wed, Sep 02, 2015 12:47pm
Posts: 1666
Are you human?: 951
The AJFA tone has a lot of EQ scoop after the amp (or in the loop). When I had the custom Boogie EQ it helped a lot.

I never liked the Mark series amps with EL34’s (unless they were Sylvania 416’s). The EL34’s add mid range to an already mid heavy amp. I always preferred the sound of 4 Sylvania 6L6’s.

_________________
Please don’t PM me any questions about any amps since I only check messages when selling gear.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri, May 18, 2018 1:40am 
Offline
Journeyman NOOB

Joined: Sat, Apr 01, 2017 2:36pm
Posts: 248
Are you human?: 951
psychodave wrote:
The AJFA tone has a lot of EQ scoop after the amp (or in the loop). When I had the custom Boogie EQ it helped a lot.

I never liked the Mark series amps with EL34’s (unless they were Sylvania 416’s). The EL34’s add mid range to an already mid heavy amp. I always preferred the sound of 4 Sylvania 6L6’s.

I ve never tried 4 6l6s but I'll do that! I think I sent you some messages about 3 years ago asking you about your mark 3 coli vs ur simul class blue stripe but that was in the boogie forum before I got my mark III. :rock:

_________________
Mesa Boogie Mark III blue stripe simul-class- loaded with a wgs veteran 30 60watts
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
1983 USA Kramer Pacer - di marzio breed
Samick Les Paul Custom Artist Seris - di marzio tone zone

Box of doom isolation cab
Cubase UR 22 sound interface
Zoom MS-50G multistomp
Rane PE 15 parametric eq rack
:rock: :rock: :rock:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSLpN ... subscriber
https://soundcloud.com/ios4ever


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GERMINATOR, Google Adsense [Bot] and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group - Terms of Use