Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sun, Sep 23, 2018 7:53pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: vh4 EQ in the loop
PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05, 2018 7:19pm 
Plank Cranker

Are you human?: 951
Anyone try putting an EQ in the serial or parallel loop of the vh4?
I'm currently in a band that plays in C standard and drop Bb and am looking for something to "tighten it up" a bit.

Great deals with: AlienRocker, bwgintegra, code001, bognerluv, metalhead, mhenson42, tonemonster, Mizati20, blessedadversary777, jkdsteve, EMG77, Garey77, Rockstarnick, King Guitar, Detroit ABA, Warhead78, Engage757,

Post subject: Re: vh4 EQ in the loop
PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05, 2018 7:31pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Never played a VH4 but I will not play any amp without an eq in the loop. Secret sauce in my world. Makes every amp I've owned/played sound like the tone I expect to hear. Many scoff at the notion of playing with an eq or OD pedal and that's fine, to each is own. I get PHENOMENAL results. And I'm not put out by using them even on a $5000 amp :yes: As far as tightening IMHO, I get much better results on that front with a TS type pedal "clean" boosting the front end. Others mileage will surely vary but that's my 2.

Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra

Last edited by MetalHeadMike on Tue, Jun 05, 2018 7:45pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05, 2018 7:36pm 
Plank Cranker

MetalHeadMike wrote:
Never played a VH4 but I will not play any amp without an eq in the loop. Secret sauce in my world. Makes every amp I've owned/played sound like the tone I expect to hear. Many scoff at the notion of playing with an eq of OD pedal and that's fine, to each is own. I get PHENOMENAL results. And I'm not put out by using them even on a $5000 amp :yes: As far as tightening IMHO, I get much better results on that front with a TS type pedal "clean" boosting the front end. Others mileage will surely vary but that's my 2.

What type of EQ do you normally use?
I've always used a Maxon od 808 out front set to a very clean boost with the tone knob at 2:00 and have always been happy but am looking for other tonal options.
Drop tuning is new to me :doh:

Great deals with: AlienRocker, bwgintegra, code001, bognerluv, metalhead, mhenson42, tonemonster, Mizati20, blessedadversary777, jkdsteve, EMG77, Garey77, Rockstarnick, King Guitar, Detroit ABA, Warhead78, Engage757,

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05, 2018 7:44pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

MXR 10 band. I'm sure there's better out there, but it's served me well the last 11 years.

Good transactions with: Tuckerbomb>>>krueger>>>ibzprestige>>>journeyman73>>>JerEvil>>>>apophis>>>DragonCrestPC>>>hammered>>>Hardvalve>>>lowmantotempole>>>Mailman1971>>>FLYINRYAN11>>>bwgintegra

PostPosted: Tue, Jun 05, 2018 8:17pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Mesa 5 band pedal... used in both the serial loop and channel insert for channel 3. Set it up in the class "V" shape and enjoy. It makes the VH4 sound evil.

Excellent transactions with: sjk (S: Soldano SLO 100), glip22 (S: Gibson Historic LP R7), MrPlexi (S: Suhr PT100), Metalhead (S: PRS SC-250 AP), killertone (S: Diezel Herbert), tlingen (S: Engl SE EL34), fuzzyguitars (S: PRS Tremonti Trem & Gibson Historic LP R8), xzyryabx (S: Engl Savage 120), Devilinside (S: Randall Satan), DarkCide: (S: ESP M-II), Mizati20 (S: PV 6505+), bartmcartman (S: Bogner XTC 101B), thaifoo (S: Engl Savage 120), lester (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12), adrenalinejunky (S: Fryette UltraLead), gbsmusic (S: Fender EVH Wolfgang), savant421 (S: Bogner UberKab 4X12 cab), ams2ek (S: Mills Acoustics 4X12 cab), blastcap (S: Gibson Explorer), braciola (S: PV EVH Wolfgang USA), splawner (S: Wampler Plextortion), mhenson42 (S: Celestion V30 speakers), Gsxrbusa (S: Jackson SL2H), El Mariachi (S: Suhr Koko Boost), braintheory (S: Engl SE EL34), ChurchHill (S: Gibson Historic Custom BBR7), RKnight (S: Mesa Mark IV), and many more.

PostPosted: Wed, Jun 06, 2018 12:44am 
Hack

MXR 10 Band, works in serial or channel loop. Do not place EQ in parallel loop.

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 09, 2018 11:06am 
Supah Stah

Mesa 5-band is my favorite EQ for the loop

Cabs: Wizard x 2 - Fryette

Great Transactions - Click Here:
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=64423

Ineptocracy - a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

PostPosted: Sun, Jun 10, 2018 10:04pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

I run a Source Audio 4 channel.

All 4 channels get their very own EQ curve.

Is bast.

Good Deals with: mhenson42, Hacksaw, barnesjd, jet66, cyndicate, themarkmiller, MOOSEHEADS, Mklane, guitarsignals, losyboy23...

PostPosted: Mon, Jun 11, 2018 1:56pm 
Hack

~Abstract~ wrote:
I run a Source Audio 4 channel.

All 4 channels get their very own EQ curve.

Is bast.

never heard, do you have a link?

I had a source Audio EQ once, but that basically sucked a lot?

thanks

PostPosted: Thu, Jun 21, 2018 4:35pm 
Hack

I run a Mesa five band in the loop of my dual recto and had incredible tone shaping abilities. Would love to hear what it would sound like in a VH4