Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Mon, Jul 16, 2018 11:14pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 30, 2018 2:41pm 
Hack

Are you human?: 951
Hi guys im new to Two Nores, just bought a captor today and loving it. One thing that has me stumped is i sm looking for a power suply for it but can not find one anywhere with the requested spec.

It says anything from 9 to 24Volt, that bits fine. But it says it needs to be 5Ma which i assumes is 5 milliamps. The lowest typical 9 volt adapter i have is 300Ma so 5Ma is nothing.

I know you can use phantom power which is fine when im recording but i want to be able to use the unit standalone.

Am i missing somthing.?

Thanks guys
Matthew

PostPosted: Sat, Jun 30, 2018 3:21pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

As long as the adapter can supply more than the required power, you should be fine. So, if your adapter is capable of 300mA, 300 > 5, so you should be fine.

Make sure that your adapter output is DC (not AC) and that it's center ground (positive on the outside). Both those are pretty much the standard for everything gear-related, though, although there are a few exceptions. Never hurts to check just to be sure. :)

PostPosted: Fri, Jul 06, 2018 6:13am 
Apprentice NOOB

If your audio interface has phantom power you can power the Two Notes through the TRS cable connecting it to the interface. That's how I run mine.

PostPosted: Sun, Jul 08, 2018 11:11pm 
Hack

Hi I had the same bit of confusion, but I think it's just saying that anything "9-24V DC" or phantom power is fine, makes no difference. I plug my 9VDC Joyo adaptor into mine, but I probably don't even need to? I think the built-in cab sims still work through the XLR out with phantom power?

PostPosted: Mon, Jul 09, 2018 1:01am 
Journeyman NOOB

Hi guys,

The user rmanual of the Torpedo Captor is available online: http://wiki.two-notes.com/doku.php?id=t ... r_s_manual

The power supply is discussed on section "4.3.5 DI output" :

Quote:
The simplest way to power the DI output is to use the 48V phantom power from the mic input. Alternatively, you can use an optional power adapter.

9 to 24V - 5mA means anything from 9V to 24V will work, and the power supply should be rated at least 5mA (which is really not much: virtually any power supply will meet this requirement).