Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Sun, Aug 19, 2018 2:30pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun, Aug 12, 2018 3:20pm 
Plank Cranker Trainee

Are you human?: 951
Hey guys, hope all is well :) A while back, our bass player had what I think was a 2008 Gibson Les Paul Studio Faded in Worn Cherry with the factory BurstBucker pickups and also had Grover Rotomatics, which I think the person that had it before him replaced the stock Kluson with the plastic tuning heads? He let me use it at our practices for a little while, I'm thinking of getting one as I play in a 70's/80's classic rock/hard rock/hair metal cover band in standard E tuning. I've been reading up on those and then I am seeing where the Gibson 2017 Les Paul Studio Worn T's are on sale for like $799 like this one below in Worn Cherry which I like that finish:

https://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBLPF17

Any thoughts on the 2017 Gibson Les Paul Studio Worn T's? My main guitar for rehearsals is the Epiphone LP Custom you see in my Sig, it's extremely heavy in weight, and I've been using my other guitarist's EVH 5150 III 50 Watt 1x12 combo into the Marshall 4x12 you see in my Sig as well, not running the internal speaker in the combo, as my Mesa Tremoverb has been on the fritz again :confused: My pedalboard, MXR Classic Chorus and a Modtone Clean Boost (For Solos) through the effects loop of EVH. I'm seriously thinking about getting the revised 2018 EVH 5150 III Head with the concentric Volume and Gain pots for the Clean and Blue channels.

98 Gibson LP Special P100 neck Dimarzio P90 SD bridge
Custom Made EBMM Copy Dimarzio SD's
95 Seagull SM-12 Spruce 12-string Acoustic
70's Guild 12-string Acoustic
70's Fender P-Bass
Peavey 6505+ Head
95 Mesa Tremoverb converted to head customized by my brother-in-law
95 Mesa OS 2x12 cab (Tremoverb) converted to closed back by my brother-in-law
Marshall 1960A 4x12 (2 Celestion G12T-75's and 2 WGS Retro 30's X pattern)
Marshall Artist 3203 Head & matching 1965A 4x10 Cab
Pedaltrain Mini: Currently on pedalboard: ModTone MT-CB Clean Boost, MXR M234 Analog Chorus

Korg Pitchblack
Line 6 Relay G30 Wireless
Maxon OD808 Overdrive
Boss NS-2
Danelectro Fish N Chips 7-Band EQ
MXR M-109 6-Band EQ

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 13, 2018 4:05pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Would look for a used studio instead. You’ll lose a bit of Money buying new and some of the earlier models had some better appointments. Also dots just look wrong on a les Paul to me. I personally love 90’s studios with ebony boards and mother of pearl trapezoids.

Les Paul and some Jacksons.
A box full of boost pedals

great transactions w: neeklaus, type_o_neg, RockStarNick, sswanson, ///MK, DoomBuggi, Retrojet, Bwill81, AmpliFIRE, Mizati20, Bubbastain, colimofsmoke, crankyrayhanky, UberschallEL34 RKnight, the rossness, battery198 alowerdeep, Tronald Dump.

PostPosted: Mon, Aug 13, 2018 4:10pm 
Apprentice NOOB

I agree about the Dots on a Les Paul. A bit off the OP but I own 2008 faded Explorer and its been a great guitar, one of my favorites.