Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Tue, Sep 25, 2018 8:57pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05, 2018 3:30am 
Hack

Are you human?: 951
Since a few weeks I'm a happy owner of a Diezel D-Moll and a 2x12 diezel cabinet. To switch all the channels and to combine all my pedals I also bought the Harley Benton (Joyo) FXL8 Pro, which is a Looper/Switcher with MIDI https://www.thomann.de/de/harley_benton_fxl8_pro.htm

But I'm totally new to MIDI and had a few problems to create any preset with the Program Change to switch the channels of the amp. Now I'm able to store my settings, but only on one preset. If I program the whole bank, the presets get mixed up and they 'overwrite' each other.
The presets are all set to Program Change and I tried the Omni Mode and the Single Channel Mode on the Diezel but I still get the same result.

I don't know where the problem is. Whether it's me, the Diezel or the PXL 8?!

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks and Greetings
Maxi

PostPosted: Wed, Sep 05, 2018 11:51pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

Are you human?: 951
Sorry I can't help with your problem, but I think someone had a thread on the Diezel forum (this one) with a similar issue. Can't remember what their resolution was, but you might want to search for it.

Just off the cuff (I don't own an FXL8 Pro, nor a D-Moll, but I do control my Herbert via MIDI), I'd guess that the FXL8 isn't always transmitting the program change command or the desired result isn't being stored correctly by the D-Moll.

I'd take everything out except the FXL8, D-Moll, and the MIDI cable. If you can get it to work without anything else, you should be able to start adding things back until you locate the problem.

Before I did anything, though, I'd re-read both the manuals for the FXL8 and D-Moll. Not sure about Joyo, but the D-Moll manual is on Diezel's website, as is a service manual.

And don't worry, it took me a while to figure out the whole MIDI thing, too. But, I did and I'm sure you will, too. :)