Let It Rain - 80's Hair Metal Ballad - Digitech GSP1101

buddaman71

My band laid down our country/rock homage to the 80's hair metal power ballad. I recorded and arranged everything but the drums and lead vox.

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/patch ... ItRain.mp3

I think the guitar sounds are killer. Digitech GSP1101 through stereo tube power amp and 412 cabinet with one speaker mic'ed with a Sennheiser e906: JCM 900 model for the crunch rhythm tracks and the SLO100 model with a lil delay for the lead at around 2:12

(It's about as shreddy as I can get, but it WAS just the first take off the top of my head and I think it's decent for the style)
:rock:

buddaman71":lcxdn5yp said:
Thx for the kind words and correct link.
:thumbsup:
You and your band/rig were one of the reasons that I've also got a GSP last week, so uts me who has to say thx ;)

Im not sure if I really dig the tone but Kudos on the playing and the tunes, this style of country is something that I can dig :thumbsup:

Kage

I appreciate the input guys! Thanks for listening.

For anyone who cares to check it out, I posted some live videos from a huge (120,000 + person) outdoor festival we played in Colorado last summer.

A) All guitar tones are GSP1101 direct to the PA.
B) Yes...I actually love lots of midrange. Ha

Several solos. Outro is kinda cool I think.

Short little solo at 2:14)

(I'm the goofy looking guitar player in the white shirt btw.)

:)

Thanks,

Jason

those are some fat, musical live direct tones!

Awesome job :rock:

actually the tone is in the ball park of Timmon's Resolution!

thx. I love Andy Timmons and Neal Schon and just naturally try to blend that melodic feel with some chickin' pickin'.

I lean towards a fat, midrangy Brian-May-meets-John-Sykes-type tone, but with more single coil overtones and articulation.

I appreciate the comments.

:)

Being a southern rock fan all my life I like the music ALOT! Some of the tastiest stuff I've heard in a long, long time!

Back