Twin Jet Purple Mod

TheMagicEight

Just got a package in last Friday from Bogner with my newly modified Twin Jet! I wasn't all that happy with ch. 1 on the amp - just my preference - and so I heard from Bogner about the "Purple Mod", which changes the distortion character and adds some better string separation on ch. 1. Well unfortunately, UPS wasn't too nice to the amp - it took a pretty hard hit - but when I plugged in, I believe my exact words were "Oh my god!"

The tone is like a more aggressive JCM800 with the Uberschall's voice. It's unreal how good my Twin Jet sounds now! I'll record some clips if anyone would like; the amp paired with my new Scumbacks has - along with my Ecstasy - some of the best tones I've ever heard!

A big thanks to the guys at Bogner for making everything happen!

Attachments

• IMG_0247.JPG
    IMG_0247.JPG
    316.6 KB · Views: 2,272
So, what is the Purple Mod? I am about to pull the trigger on another Bogner. Kicking myself in the ass ever since I sold my Uber.

Steve

steve_k":3r3lb66a said:
So, what is the Purple Mod? I am about to pull the trigger on another Bogner. Kicking myself in the ass ever since I sold my Uber.

Steve
Essentially, ch. 1 is revoiced and sounds a lot better (to me) than stock! Not sure of the exact details, but it's called the Purple mod 'cause of the flashy new purple LED. I think - and this is just a guess - the mod utilizes a different stage in the ch. 2 preamp for more grinding, gnarly distortion than the fuzzier stock setup. I'm going to make a clip soon though. It will probably be a low volume deal, but it'll be more than enough to get the point across.

Hey Nick...Cool, yeah, make a clip or two if you could...I've been real happy with mine ever since the swap to 34's (with your help), but am still curious what this mod does for the amp. How much does it cost?

The clip sounds great! Definitely more of a Marshall JCM 800 vibe in there. More marshall and more high mids, eh? So you say the 2nd channel is changed as well? How much is the mod? I like the amp as is, but this is a cool mod.

se7en":3qxjqdns said:
The clip sounds great! Definitely more Marshall JCM 800 vibe in there. So you say the 2nd channel is changed as well? How much is the mod? I like the amp is, but this is a cool mod.
The mod - IIRC - is between $400 & $500.

2nd channel stays the same; no problem there! For me, ch. 1 becomes usable in the studio now. It definitely sounded good before, but not as good as my Ecstasy's blue channel. It doesn't sound better now than the Ecstasy, but it's a different type of sound that the Ecstasy doesn't do.

sounds cool

when i had my twin jet i actually liked the first channel better than the 2nd one

that mod seems to roll off some of the harsh-ish top end that 1st channel has

is it easier to get a clean sound with that mod???

Back