Rig-Talk

Guitars, Gear, Tone!
It is currently Wed, Aug 20, 2014 5:41am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 22, 2010 9:11am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

So I've got Amplitube 2, which is OK at best for preamp models, but the speaker cab models are fairly decent. Just for fun, yesterday I took the effects send (serial) and ran it into my MOTU interface. Turned off the the preamp section of amplitube, and played for a little bit. It actually sounded pretty good with the Modern 4x12 model! Here's the kicker. I left the amp in standby. I, of course, kept my speaker cab attached, even though the amp was just in standby.

This seems like a great way for me to jam and record late at night, and then go back and "re-amp" the gain through the Mod50 power section later.

Anybody got a reason why I shouldn't do this?

'94 PRS CE22 maple, '92 PRS CE24 maple, '82 Ibanez RR450, Fender custom shop set neck super strat, Schecter Custom Tele,'02 Ibanez RG7420,'90's Jackson JTX std, Composite Acoustics early prototype, Takamine 1996 ltd edition

Amp and Racks
Egnater M4 (Xman, VX, EG5, COD), Mesa Boogie Mark III Red Stripe, Gerlitz Revelator Dual amp 2x12 combo
Lexicon MPXG2, Digitech IPS33b, T-Rex Bigfoot/MAC-1 w/ Boss CE-5 (analog version), Boss DM-2, Budda Bud Wah, Homebrew CPR, Baber LTD,
and T.Miranda Rotor Phase

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 22, 2010 10:57am 
Plank Cranker Wanker

mboogman wrote:
So I've got Amplitube 2, which is OK at best for preamp models, but the speaker cab models are fairly decent. Just for fun, yesterday I took the effects send (serial) and ran it into my MOTU interface. Turned off the the preamp section of amplitube, and played for a little bit. It actually sounded pretty good with the Modern 4x12 model! Here's the kicker. I left the amp in standby. I, of course, kept my speaker cab attached, even though the amp was just in standby.

This seems like a great way for me to jam and record late at night, and then go back and "re-amp" the gain through the Mod50 power section later.

Anybody got a reason why I shouldn't do this?

I do this a lot for recording. I also use the M4 into the 11R using only the cabs and mic sims. I will also use an attenuator set on load and take the slave out which is post poweramp and do the same into the mic/cab sims. As long as you have a load on the head, you will be fine.

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 22, 2010 2:04pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

muudrock wrote:

I do this a lot for recording. I also use the M4 into the 11R using only the cabs and mic sims. I will also use an attenuator set on load and take the slave out which is post poweramp and do the same into the mic/cab sims. As long as you have a load on the head, you will be fine.

That's what I was thinking, but figured it woulnd't hurt to ask. :thumbsup:

FWIW, the EG5 and SL both sounded great with a mix of the Modern and Vintage 4x12 models in Amplitube. I'm a little embarrassed, though, that it took me this long to figure this out. :lol: :LOL:

'94 PRS CE22 maple, '92 PRS CE24 maple, '82 Ibanez RR450, Fender custom shop set neck super strat, Schecter Custom Tele,'02 Ibanez RG7420,'90's Jackson JTX std, Composite Acoustics early prototype, Takamine 1996 ltd edition

Amp and Racks
Egnater M4 (Xman, VX, EG5, COD), Mesa Boogie Mark III Red Stripe, Gerlitz Revelator Dual amp 2x12 combo
Lexicon MPXG2, Digitech IPS33b, T-Rex Bigfoot/MAC-1 w/ Boss CE-5 (analog version), Boss DM-2, Budda Bud Wah, Homebrew CPR, Baber LTD,
and T.Miranda Rotor Phase

PostPosted: Mon, Nov 22, 2010 4:29pm 
Plank Cranker Wanker

:D