What is the "Best" 4x12 cab Bogner, Diezel, Mesa or Marshall

Sorry to intrude... but since you guys here touch on cabs... did you guys ever spend abit more to getta 412 or 212 wired up with "better speaker cables" ie the lava 412 wiring speakers cable kit or the evidence ?

Cabs are super personal.

But my favorites for my style are mills afterburner, red plate's 4x12, and the vht/fryette fatbottom with fanes.

For "modern metal" meshuggah worship I would recommend the KSR vertical 2x12.

Sorry to intrude... but since you guys here touch on cabs... did you guys ever spend abit more to getta 412 or 212 wired up with "better speaker cables" ie the lava 412 wiring speakers cable kit or the evidence ?
I have never bought kits, but I always rewire my cabs with 14-18 guage high quailty wire. When I was doing electronics as a profession, I always used 18 for speakers, but as long as it is 18 or larger and very high quality wire, I am good. some of the manufactures wire their cabs really well. I probably wouldn't rewire a bogner, fryette, or diezel. And I didn't rewire my evh since it came mono, but there was a cab company called Mills acoustics. I bought one of their cabs. They were known for extreme quality (but shady business practices). When the thing shipped to me, I rewired it just to put some uk made celestions in place of the chinese and take out the stereo (who wants a stereo cab?). One of the [factory] wires broke that was attached to the input when I took off the backplate. That didn't impress me a whole lot.

I have never bought kits, but I always rewire my cabs with 14-18 guage high quailty wire. When I was doing electronics as a profession, I always used 18 for speakers, but as long as it is 18 or larger and very high quality wire, I am good. some of the manufactures wire their cabs really well. I probably wouldn't rewire a bogner, fryette, or diezel. And I didn't rewire my evh since it came mono, but there was a cab company called Mills acoustics. I bought one of their cabs. They were known for extreme quality (but shady business practices). When the thing shipped to me, I rewired it just to put some uk made celestions in place of the chinese and take out the stereo (who wants a stereo cab?). One of the [factory] wires broke that was attached to the input when I took off the backplate. That didn't impress me a whole lot.
This.

You don't need to buy any special 'rewire' kit...just run to your local Hardware store and grab 10ft of lamp cord.....measure, cut and strip accordingly. Works fantastic.

ouch !! thouht Mills build some of the best cabs ever... didnt know about this... even cab business isnt doing what their sworn practises.. yeah i was just thinking if i would ever rewire my VHT/Fryette cab inside the 412 ever since i replaced my kimber 4VS by lava speaker cables to evidence siren 2 and my tone just clearer in a good way !

Lóòk at Material, and Acousticical Engineering (good luck with that one)
Considering Speakers Also`°⊙¿⊙°' Most important is your electrical output source. Mesa Cabs are designed for Bass, and their Double / Triple Rectifier Heads.

I had a Randall cab with Jaguar speakers and was not 100% impressed and my friend had a ENGL that I did not really care for. Both were decent.

I have heard a few Marshalls from the early 80's that really impressed the hell out of me.

I have also heard really good things about the Wizard cabs but cant find any except for the new ones and they are pretty pricey.
Built better surely than later models?

Used USA Randalls are top-notch. I'd put them up against anything out there.
You are not wrong. The Mills is built way stronger than the randall, but the randall is built better than my evh, and is just solid. I have built houses for 14 years, and I just was looking in my randall cab that is just sitting empty in the garage, and noticed they did a good job with it. But the build quality doesn't really matter near as much as the design inasmuch as how it affects projection. I think the Randall cab may slightly sound better than the mills.

Built better surely than later models?
Maybe it's the aging of the wood, but the older the cab the better it sounds when it comes to Marshall. I know over time they changed the back panel from birch to ply to chipboard, if I remember correctly.
The one exception would be the TV cab...new or from the 90s they sound great.

Mills tag line "Welcome to the family".
Those Top Gun Afterburners were definately practical if you playout in a band?
Hey, go get a Mesa Recto 4X12, route funky holes
in the baffles and install V30'S X 75's. Whalla!!
Cabs are weird, many need speaker break in more then anything else.
There is definately truth in using 18 gauge wire.?
Some cabinets are over built and need pummeling and not mouse fart wanking.
Plus some sound better in different rooms.
And some older ones are beat to shi* and tired out.
Big $$$ loss in 4X12's when ya buy new AND you may have to ship it to sell it off which chops off more $$$.

I had the Trace cab, it’s amazing.

VHT as well, it DOES take forever to break in.

Mesa gets the nod from me because the V30’s are special/OG spec and record better.

Back