Hermansson Mod

They have a great feel and his tight control gives a nice range up to an immediate attack. I like his mid boost circuit also.

To me there’s a point when an amp becomes too tight and dry. I like it where an amp has just the right sag where you can really dig in when soloing but not too much to where it becomes flubby.
Exactly, there's plenty of ways to tighten the juicy.
I gotta be able to get up under it.
Plus that bit of sag is very handy when there's a fat groove going around the mix.

I have one, I love it. To me it’s like a modern high gain Marshall that has a TON of range, which works great for setting to different guitars/p-ups/tunings whatever. No boost needed what so ever (especially if you get the mid boost). One big misconception is that it is an uber tight amp, it’s really just a really flexible amp that gets Uber tight.

The tightness knob from fat to tight. As you turn up the tightness it gets a bit drier, which works great for my ERGs (I usually play 7 or 8) but for a 6 in E Standard half-way-2/3s up is more than tight enough. Off is pretty spongy. The EQ range is great, and everything sounds good at noon. Henric has different features that you can add to the amp as well. Depth, presence, 3-way depth control frequency switch for either depth/presence, bright/dark and the mid boost. For mine I requested depth, presence, depth 3-way, and a mid boost(500hz or 1000hz).

this amp replaced my Butterslax and Meshuggah and I couldn’t be happier with it. More usable gain than either and I could get pretty close to either amp depending on the settings. I was using my
meshuggah with a 33; and I can get the amp to sound tighter than that with a guitar plugged straight in

Henrics a good dude, I can’t recommend him enough

Looking forward to following this thread. Every clip I hear of Henrik's amps sound really, really good... plenty of kerrang and YES.. tightness for sure... dynamics and harmonics seem great as well and he is a great builder, player and seems like a legit dude through and through. Ive debated many times grabbing a Marshall Hermansson... but most clips I see are very much rhythm based and modern, staccato type riffage...and sound great... but Im more a lead guy and just hesitant if the mods have enough 'sag', bounce and warmth for leadwork. They very well may... just not many clips or opinions on this specific area.

It's kinda why Im really diggin' my Helios... plenty tight enough... but it feels great and has some bounce when playing solos.

I have one, I love it. To me it’s like a modern high gain Marshall that has a TON of range, which works great for setting to different guitars/p-ups/tunings whatever. No boost needed what so ever (especially if you get the mid boost). One big misconception is that it is an uber tight amp, it’s really just a really flexible amp that gets Uber tight.

The tightness knob from fat to tight. As you turn up the tightness it gets a bit drier, which works great for my ERGs (I usually play 7 or 8) but for a 6 in E Standard half-way-2/3s up is more than tight enough. Off is pretty spongy. The EQ range is great, and everything sounds good at noon. Henric has different features that you can add to the amp as well. Depth, presence, 3-way depth control frequency switch for either depth/presence, bright/dark and the mid boost. For mine I requested depth, presence, depth 3-way, and a mid boost(500hz or 1000hz).

this amp replaced my Butterslax and Meshuggah and I couldn’t be happier with it. More usable gain than either and I could get pretty close to either amp depending on the settings. I was using my
meshuggah with a 33; and I can get the amp to sound tighter than that with a guitar plugged straight in

i have never really needed depth on an amp. I think that in most amps it does the most at low volume. I think a fixed resister in the Negative feedback circuit would be fine for me. But that amp sounds goddamned amazing. Between your description and the clip. Some of the guys above were saying it was too tight and dry, but I hear a vintage boosted marshall sound that get's tight af with pms.

i have never really needed depth on an amp. I think that in most amps it does the most at low volume. I think a fixed resister in the Negative feedback circuit would be fine for me. But that amp sounds goddamned amazing. Between your description and the clip. Some of the guys above were saying it was too tight and dry, but I hear a vintage boosted marshall sound that get's tight af with pms.
In the clip he’s got the tightness set full when he’s got the gain cranked. It’s got plenty of saturation if you set it right for sure, like let’s say you set the tight at 11:00 it’ll push plenty of air

In the clip he’s got the tightness set full when he’s got the gain cranked. It’s got plenty of saturation if you set it right for sure, like let’s say you set the tight at 11:00 it’ll push plenty of air
If I can fabricate some funds, I will get this damned thing. I may have a lot of questions when it comes, so be ready. I am just surprised there hasn't been a thread just dedicated to him. I know a few members have had his mods. I think his 5 gain stage mod is relatively new maybe, though. I know it has the sound i have in my head.

If I can fabricate some funds, I will get this damned thing. I may have a lot of questions when it comes, so be ready. I am just surprised there hasn't been a thread just dedicated to him. I know a few members have had his mods. I think his 5 gain stage mod is relatively new maybe, though. I know it has the sound i have in my head.
No worries if you have questions man, anytime :rock:

I have this and a modded Mesa, and they are filling all my high gain needs

There’s a slx on reverb right now but it’s 4 stage
Yeah. I was thinking of that one, since I live in Austin. I could go pick that up for probably 250 less than asking price and still they wouldn't take a loss with fees and tax on reverb. But I am one of those sick bastards that would wonder about that other gain stage i left on the table..

I have been in discussions with Mr. Henric about guying one of his 5 gain stage amps. Wondering what everyone's experience has been. This video has really made me want one among others, but just want to know how much this translates to real life. Don't know if it matters. Not sure I could be talked out of one anyway, lol.

That sounds evil. That dude knows what he’s doing.

What type of cabs/speakers have you used with it? What was your favorite? The excitement is growing. My mod will start in a couple months.

i think this is my favorite clip of his and its only 3 stages

That sounded nasty good. I love the camera shaking in the video - stupid tight. Seems to have its own voicing going on though, I can’t really pick out any Marshall characteristics?

Back