What’s the tightest amp with the biggest low end you’ve played. ?

Bogner twin jet had the best tone i have ever heard. That loop is shit, though. Believe it or not, the best amp I have played for metal is my Randall RG150. I have a lot of eq and stuff happening, to be fair. But the amp has just enough 'tube emulation' (FET) to have a good solid state "brown" sound. I am being very liberal with those quotes. But the amp is working out pretty well. I would love to give the bogner twin another try and just order it with a series loop.

I definitely am interested think my Spawns are nice and tight and have good punch and sound massive. Fryette is another one that I feel belongs there with the Splawn.

Never played a wizard or a mkii c++, probably will never own either though to be real.

I’ve never played an amplifier that I thought was tight in the low end department. It’s not a tone I chase or desire to play. I dial all of my junk in for mids and bite.

With that said, the tightest amp in the low end department that I’ve got is a MM iron and choke loaded 5150 ii with the gain dialed way back.

I’ve never played an amplifier that I thought was tight in the low end department. It’s not a tone I chase or desire to play. I dial all of my junk in for mids and bite.

With that said, the tightest amp in the low end department that I’ve got is a MM iron and choke loaded 5150 ii with the gain dialed way back.
I'm considering doing this to my 6505+. Sounds like it's worth it?

Haven't played an Diezels or ENGLs or any other boutique-y amps (Omega, Wizard, etc), so for me so far it's been my 5150 III Stealth. Especially for a 50W.

I'm considering doing this to my 6505+. Sounds like it's worth it?

I recommend it. It’s different sounding but not in a bad way, more high mids and deviates from a SLO type of tone. You’ll either love it or hate it and sell it off - there’s no in between with MM iron.

At this stage of the game I think it’s about finding the tone you like. Some guys dig Marshalls, some 5150s, some Diezels, some Orange.

OP listen to a bunch of clips and find out what you dig as far as tones go, buy an amp and we can help you get it tight as fuck with some boosts.

Why go though the hassel with all the killer amps right out of the box. On another note, that Gower sounds vicious LP🤘
I had a KK++ too and a Rockmonster from Gower. Gower’s are nice and record well, but they didn’t last long for me once I got some Cameron modded Marshall’s to AB them with. The KK++ I had though could get similarly tight to my CCV, which impressed me

At this stage of the game I think it’s about finding the tone you like. Some guys dig Marshalls, some 5150s, some Diezels, some Orange.

OP listen to a bunch of clips and find out what you dig as far as tones go, buy an amp and we can help you get it tight as fuck with some boosts.
Yes that’s true most amps that respond well to boosts can get tighter than most would need, but if the OP really wants a huge low end and tightness then the list of amps on his radar would really narrow

FB_IMG_1611956523013.jpg

For tight I say Hermansson with his tight control. It's disjointing when you turn it up. I need to adjust to it because it feels like it is getting ahead of me. Tough to explain but it will rip your dick off.
Much tighter than my Wizards, but different, and the Wizards are tight, but rounder. A tight amp will round down the low end but it's still plenty of low end in a similar way a TS does.

Either my mesa mkiii coliseum red stripe,vht clx pittbull or diezel herbert..all thru diezel front loaded cabs..cabs make all the difference here too....huge low end in a440,never been down in cookie munster tuning

Last edited:
Back