Best fried chicken you’ve ever had?

VanMalmsteen

Banned
So...obviously gramma makes the best fried chicken n catfish.
Aside from her, where’s is somewhere that you got some fried chicken and it was next level delicious?

Southern kitchen in Tacoma, WA was good, Paula Deans Place (Lady and Sons) had good chicken, but fuck that place.
I have found that it’s hard to find really good fried chicken outside of the home.

I ate at Paula Dean's Lady and Sons in Savannah, it wasn't all that. Mrs. Wilkes is better. There is a place in Miami called Yardbird's that is great. Root & Bone is really good too. The chicken at Joe's Stone Crab is great too. The Regional Kitchen in West Palm is good. In New York, I had chicken in a place near Time's Square called Virgil's that was fantastic. Fuku was good too. Hattie's in Saratoga Springs is really good. I like the chicken at the Daniel Boone Inn in Boone, N.C. though some may find it a little plain. Magnolia 23 in Asheboro was really good too. The Public House in Chattanooga was really good. Mary Mac's Tea Room in Atlanta is really good.

Last edited:
I ate at Paula Dean's Lady and Sons in Savannah, it wasn't all that. Mrs. Wilkes is better. There is a place in Miami called Yardbird's that is great. Root & Bone is really good too. The chicken at Joe's Stone Crab is great too. The Regional Kitchen in West Palm is good. In New York, I had chicken in a place near Time's Square called Virgil's that was fantastic. Fuku was good too. Hattie's in Saratoga Springs is really good. I like the chicken at the Daniel Boone Inn in Boone, N.C. though some may find it a little plain. Magnolia 23 in Asheboro was really good too. The Public House in Chattanooga was really good. Mary Mac's Tea Room in Atlanta is really good.
As a man with Fried Chicken in his heart, you, sir, earned my Chicken respect. Lady & Soms in Savannah is where I ate as well, I was not impressed with most of the food, but did like the chicken. I will agree about Mrs Wilkes, I’m wondering if I have them backwards. The one where you eat with whoever is there instead of getting your own table was not as good as the other.

Mrs. Wilkes are really big tables and they serve family style where they bring plates of food and condiments to pass around. The floor that I ate on in Lady and Sons was a buffet about 2 years ago, not sure about other floors. I liked the bbq chicken too, but it wasn't anything to write home about.

Mrs. Wilkes are really big tables and they serve family style where they bring plates of food and condiments to pass around. The floor that I ate on in Lady and Sons was a buffet about 2 years ago, not sure about other floors. I liked the bbq chicken too, but it wasn't anything to write home about.
I haven’t been to Savannah in so long. It’s pretty hard to find really good chicken that’s memorable. So far Washington state has my favorite, but even still it’s not homemade good.

Worthy Kitchen in Woodstock, VT has good fried chicken. Pair it with a Long Trail double IPA if it's not summer. Central Michel Richard in D.C. is good too. Can you tell that I don't eat health food?

As far as chains go....KFC original recipe and Popeyes blackened tenders(ask for extra blackened seasoning).

Other than that,several truck stop diners have great fried chicken.

I am so over the heavy,super crunchy fried chicken. I want flavor!!

Hell you can get oyster/ shrimp po boys at convenient store`s down here on the Gulf Coast and we will be the last states the federal govt ever fucks with. Sorry I had to add that.

At least in my little part of the world, KFC was excellent in the 70s and early 80s. I didn't eat it for about about 10 years and got some around 1993 or so, and it was garbage. Like worse than the store bought Banquet fried chicken.

Although it's nothing like KFC, the only chicken I like is from the M&H convenience store. VERY salty though.

At least in my little part of the world, KFC was excellent in the 70s and early 80s. I didn't eat it for about about 10 years and got some around 1993 or so, and it was garbage. Like worse than the store bought Banquet fried chicken.

Although it's nothing like KFC, the only chicken I like is from the M&H convenience store. VERY salty though.
KFC has the worlds best coleslaw, I know that. Don’t know what it is, but their coleslaw is insanely good. Sometimes I go just to get the coleslaw with a side of chicken.

KFC has the worlds best coleslaw, I know that. Don’t know what it is, but their coleslaw is insanely good. Sometimes I go just to get the coleslaw with a side of chicken.
Agreed. I tried KFC again about 3 years ago just to make sure I didn't get a bad batch in the 90s, but it was still garbage. Tossed it in the backyard and the crows flew off with it. But, like you said, the coleslaw was excellent. Biscuits were hockey pucks and they went out the door with the chicken.

Back