They have an extended range in frequency overall. I always loved the sound but these days no one that I'm aware of makes a quality product like back in the day.

What do KT88’s do for the tone and feel?
I feel the difference when I'm playing so it's hard to explain.
The KT88's are more balanced in the treble, mids and bass.
Much better then the EL34's.
The KT88's feel like they have more atmosphere and breath a lot more then the EL34's which feel a little more boxed in.
It still mostly subjective.

Sounds great! Killer playing too man, you’ve really got that VH I/II thing down.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you really should mount another terminal strip to the left side of the chassis to solder those resistor and wire nodes to. They can flex and stress the solder joints, causing shorts to chassis ground.

Why the hell are you building amps and not out on the road? Your playing is fantastic!
You're way too kind bro, thank you!
I do play in a band right now but I'm getting to old to hit the road these days.
I really enjoy building amps just as much as I like playing them. :)

Sounds great! Killer playing too man, you’ve really got that VH I/II thing down.

I mean this in the nicest way possible, but you really should mount another terminal strip to the left side of the chassis to solder those resistor and wire nodes to. They can flex and stress the solder joints, causing shorts to chassis ground.
You're very kind, thank you for checking out my sound clip and pic's.
Yeah, you're probably right, an extra terminal stripe for reinforcement is a great idea.
Thank you for the great sound advice. :cheers:

If I had another Marshall and shipping wasn’t a pain, I’d send one to you to VH/1 it up.

Do you work on the SV20H mini heads?

Back