The Skull That Defies Explanation

I enjoy Agatha Christie.
I also enjoy Ann Rule.

Ann Rule makes for a better read IMO.

Last edited:
Two of my sisters read their publications, I think? I know one does.

Speaking of monsters, this book made me believe they are real.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stranger_Beside_Me
Learning the details makes the guy so much worse than I'd imagined.
Plus she was his friend. Her learning, and finally accepting the truth is insane reading.

ted.jpg

Speaking of monsters, this book made me believe they are real.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stranger_Beside_Me
Learning the details makes the guy so much worse than I'd imagined.
Plus she was his friend. Her learning, and finally accepting the truth is insane reading.

View attachment 85309
I stay away from such content. I don't watch psycho-thriller or slasher flicks either. Negative vibes, baby... I prefer older films that refrain from grotesque imagery. Showing a horses head in a bed is good enough... I don't need to watch them dismembering it, as it lends nothing to the story. "What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?" is one of the best horror films ever made, no scenes of graphic violence. Same goes with "House Of Wax" starring Vincent Price. If memory serves, it was George A. Romero's original "The Dawn Of The Dead" that sort-of kicked-off the overt blood n' guts genre. One of my all-time favorites is Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds".

I stay away from such content.

You went off on a movie tangent so I gotta point out it's a book.
No gory graphic pictures and any descriptions are based on
what went into police reports and/or was heard by jurors.

The horror is way more psychological. In two ways.
First learning just how monstrously sick a human being can be and then the author very slowly
coming to grips with the truth about someone see once said she'd trust watching her kids! :oops:

You went off on a movie tangent so I gotta point out it's a book.
No gory graphic pictures and any descriptions are based on
what went into police reports and/or was heard by jurors.

The horror is way more psychological. In two ways.
First learning just how monstrously sick a human being can be and then the author very slowly
coming to grips with the truth about someone see once said she'd trust watching her kids! :oops:
Well, most early films are based on a prior novel. They're never as good as the book, of course, but that's mostly due to time constrains. A great read is the autobiographical novel, "To, Sir, with Love" by E.R. Braithwaite. Braithwaite despised the film adaptation. They completely removed the bi-racial relationship that Braithwaite was involved in, which infuriated Braithwaite. The film "Look Who's Coming To Dinner" is basically a supplement to what was censored from "To Sir, with Love".

:confused:Are you drinking? I replied to both.

I hate when you play conveniently dumb. You know exactly what I'm talking about.
You bring movies up out of nowhere and keep referring to them as a reason not to consider a book??

I don't drink anymore.

Last edited:
I hate when you play conveniently dumb. You know exactly what I'm talking.
You bring movies up out of nowhere and keep referring to them as a reason not to consider a book??

I don't drink anymore.
Perhaps you're tired?

Donnie:
"You went off on a movie tangent so I gotta point out it's a book."

My reply:
Well, most early films are based on a prior novel. They're never as good as the book, of course, but that's mostly due to time constrains. A great read is the autobiographical novel, "To, Sir, with Love" by E.R. Braithwaite. Braithwaite despised the film adaptation. They completely removed the bi-racial relationship that Braithwaite was involved in, which infuriated Braithwaite. The film "Look Who's Coming To Dinner" is basically a supplement to what was censored from "To Sir, with Love".

Also... Why would it matter to you that I'm referencing film instead of books? :dunno:

I know for facts!!! That women would use griddles to mishape their waists. (Huge 1800 century abandoned shop on my mail route)
Just kept stringing em thighter

Back