NAD: Mesa Mark IIC++ w/obligatory Metallica clip. Sad But True

That guitar tone sounds really great. FWIW, there is a weird mid spike or something in the bass track that was...sounding weird, thru my home stereo system. But holy shit that guitar tone is outstanding.

That guitar tone sounds really great. FWIW, there is a weird mid spike or something in the bass track that was...sounding weird, thru my home stereo system. But holy shit that guitar tone is outstanding.
Thx! You might be hearing the baritone that’s mixed in too loud. Pulled this guitar-less track off YouTube.

Great sound, obviously was not expecting it to sound bad at all LOL

It blows my freaking mind these amps and this sound was available in the mid to late 80's! And they STILL hold up if not crush 90% of amps today by FAR. That really is a compliment to Mesa.
100%!

giphy.gif

It is a mean machine.

I feel a little lazy and didn’t obsess over all the little idiosyncrasies Metallica does so well…like how the first chord comes in ever so slightly before the drums and the main riff slightly slides to the fifth fret starting the riff….

Awesome. That sound is so identifiable.

That instantaneous CLANG that happens with each chord.

Imagine the sound of hitting a 6' solid steel cube with a sledgehammer.
Not going to sustain for shit but the split second WHACK! at contact...

Kinda like that. :rock:

Last edited:
Sounds great! Were you using the Explorer? In various clips I've heard that seems to be a significant part of the sound.

Back