Gibson Quality

Geo

I have the opportunity to closely inspect a 2021 50's Gold Top Les Paul Standard and I just wanted to comment on how nice this guitar was made and setup.

Gibson has taken a lot of flack for quality control issues and design blunders so I just wanted to give a big thumbs up.

Very impressive and with a lower price tag, I hope they can keep it up.

That is encouraging to hear. Their QC got really, really bad for awhile. I couldn't believe the dogs they were letting out of the factory.
I will say even the components are nice, bridge, pots, pickups etc..

My only one gripe, if you can call it that was the tuners. Although nice quality, I am used to my Sperzel lockers, which have a much better ratio and smoother operation.

Gibson is the very definition of hit and miss QC.

I ordered a brand new Les Paul Supreme from MF a few years back, and the fret sprout literally broke through the nibs, the neck pickup didn't work, and I'm pretty sure the truss rod didn't work.

Then again, the ltd edition standard I bought recently used is one of the best playing guitars I've ever owned.

They are a brand that you should probably try and buy in person, even though I don't generally heed that advice.

I've heard/read (on this forum even) that their QC has really stepped forward since the bankruptcy and Henry stepped down. So... 2019 models and newer are supposedly quite a bit better.

Reactions: Geo
I've heard/read (on this forum even) that their QC has really stepped forward since the bankruptcy and Henry stepped down. So... 2019 models and newer are supposedly quite a bit better.
That seems to be true, this guitar was flawless.

Hi! My name is Elena, living in Russia. I live in a village and we have no job. I get about $80 a month. It is very little ((
That's why I can do it for a little money:
- Send you hot photos and videos
- send you a video of sex with an ex-boyfriend (if you don't put it out there!)
- I can do what you say in Skype, whatsapp or other messenger

Also ready to come to you in any country for your money.
I will not leave my contacts here.

[Links removed by mod]

Come take my money Elena!!

I honestly don't think I've heard of any Gibson issues in the past two years or so.....they seemed to have ironed out any kinks

Reactions: Geo
Hi! My name is Elena, living in Russia. I live in a village and we have no job. I get about $80 a month. It is very little ((

Umm, okay

I can deal with you quality control if you need it. Even if you don't.

Boy this thread took a left turn...

Talk about highjacking a thread, Elena, you are a scum bag who does not respect the sanctity of a thread posting.

Bought a new CS LP Standard in 2020 and it was excellent all around
except for a bit of saddle buzz on certain notes. Typical of LPs based
on my experience and noting a dab of clear nail polish doesn't cure.

How are the frets? Are they still grinding about half off with the plek as a cost cutting measure or are they doing it right?
Proper crowns?

How are the frets? Are they still grinding about half off with the plek as a cost cutting measure or are they doing it right?
Proper crowns?
There is nothing I can complain about, it is probably better than its been in many years.

Last edited:

2gg3sk.jpg

Back