What piece of gear will you never part with?

In my haste, I forgot a couple things.

I also will never sell my holy grail, 1993, 6sh7 Matchless Clubman. I know this is more of a TGP amp than an RT amp, but you guys are missing out. It does everything from Hendrix Plexi clean to 90s alternative rock tones in a godlike way. @SBlue really hooked me up when he sold this to me, and I'll never get rid of it. It's the best clean/edge of breakup amp I've ever heard.

View attachment 101343

Also pedals. I'm never selling the Strymon volante - the stereo/panning options and control is unreal, and so is the sound.

The Lawrence Petross Sixty 8 is the most amplike drive pedal in both response and sound I've ever played, I've had it for years and am never getting rid of it. It's an excellent tool for insuring you aren't effed over by backline - stick a boost in front, and instant, decent drive tones.

View attachment 101349

Okay, now I'm done, promise
I totally get it. That matchless head must be incredible. Similarly I have a GRP-1 rack preamp I’ll never get rid of. Matchless always have a great, chimey, 3D character that nothing else seems to quite match.

I totally get it. That matchless head must be incredible. Similarly I have a GRP-1 rack preamp I’ll never get rid of. Matchless always have a great, chimey, 3D character that nothing else seems to quite match.

Man, I know they aren't popular around these parts, but the early Matchless stuff is magical, man. There's so much dimension and depth to go with the voxy "chime," and they record so well. I bet that GRP sounds absolutely killer.

The biggest surprise with mine is the blues breaker/ACDC tones when it's cranked - it completely killed jtm/dirty Shirley GAS for me.

Everything I should've kept over the years I've already sold (foolishly)
to me it's just gear. I have a 2001 Trans Black Jackson SL-2H and my GMW that I consider my "to my grave" guitars but
for the right price I'd probably let them go too, it's just gear.
I don't ever see me selling my Splawn head as long as I'm gigging, but once those days are up that too will go.

Guitar- My 2008 Hanny that Jeff signed (left in pic). Having nothing to do with the sig, best guitar I've ever touched. Plays itself & rips in every amp it's ever jacked into.

Amp- My 1983 Mark IIB+ Coliseum (also in pic). Crushes everything, including the 6 IIC+ I've had.

Attachments

• IMG_6159.JPG
    IMG_6159.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 45
I could definitely add 2-3 things, but I understand where you're coming from.

The more I look, the more I want to add everything to the forever list.

I honestly don’t know how any one could just sell everything.

I mean two of my amps were life long dreams.

My Laney and my Bogner. I dreamed I would once own either of them one day. They are everything and more that I could have imagined. They’re the only amps I literally feel like I can stick tubes in and go, I don’t desire to touch them circuit wise.

I dreamed I would once own a Marshall and the only way I own the one I own now is because no one would buy it in its condition that I found it in California. It was a reject because of the board being changed.

I am not gigging right now but I still wouldn’t let go of the majority of my gear. I’ve worked too hard to save for, literally find, or build what I’ve accumulated.

I literally only desire effects or cabinets from here forward. I don’t desire another amp at all.

I honestly don’t know how any one could just sell everything.

I mean two of my amps were life long dreams.

My Laney and my Bogner. I dreamed I would once own either of them one day. They are everything and more that I could have imagined. They’re the only amps I literally feel like I can stick tubes in and go, I don’t desire to touch them circuit wise.

I dreamed I would once own a Marshall and the only way I own the one I own now is because no one would buy it in its condition that I found it in California. It was a reject because of the board being changed.

I am not gigging right now but I still wouldn’t let go of the majority of my gear. I’ve worked too hard to save for, literally find, or build what I’ve accumulated.

I literally only desire effects or cabinets from here forward. I don’t desire another amp at all.

For me, the "two or three things" are all additional flavors - not amps or guitars in the same vein as what I already have.

So i get what youre feeling.

I meant adding everything to the list of "never getting rid of," not the selling list.

Once you've found a handful of things that just "work" for you as a player, everything else you would want to add is just wild, different spices.

Given I have the option to keep what I want, then all of the guitars Pete Skermetta built for me, the classical guitar I used while getting a degree in guitar performance, my Matchless DC30, Naylor SD60, 100B, iic+ and my 2 Bogner 4x12's (one is V30, one is GB's).

Given I have the option to keep what I want, then all of the guitars Pete Skermetta built for me, the classical guitar I used while getting a degree in guitar performance, my Matchless DC30, Naylor SD60, 100B, iic+ and my 2 Bogner 4x12's (one is V30, one is GB's).

thats a list of gear I can get down with. Cool collection, man.

Mullard long plate 12AX7’s

My Ibanez Studio

Mesa V30’s

Peterson Strobostomp

Boss OC-2, DD3, CH-1, Zinky Master Blaster

My Mesa DC-3 will go to the grave with me. It’s my sleeper amp. People dismiss them because it’s a 35w EL84 amp, but those people are missing out. One of the most gorgeous clean channels I’ve ever played through. And the gain channel can get pretty rude, kind of a cross between a MKIV and a Recto.

But it’s versatile too. If you crank the gain on the clean channel, you’ll you some sweet “lower gain Marshall-esque“sounds. I’ve played everything from country to pop to metal with it, and it’s never the wrong amp for the job

Out of all the cork sniffing boutique and vintage bullshit I’ve owned over the years, it’s the one amp that consistently gets me compliments on my tone.

And the ‘76 LPC isn’t going anywhere either.

Back