2022 Gear Plans!!! Post Them Up!!!

glpg80

What are your plans for 2022 Gear Wise?

This is what I’m hoping to grab in 2022, not a guarantee but a list I’m pulling from.

- (Possibly) another 4x12 BX cabinet loaded with Celestion Creamback 75Hz

- Royer 101 Ribbon Mic
- Shure SM57 Mic
- Mic Cables
- Mic preamp of some type
- Setting up recording through an interface
- Line 6 Helix Rack
- Yamaha SPX 90
- Boss NS-2 Pedal
- Charvel Pro Mod in White

I’m waiting on orders for
- Neural DSP Quad Cortex
- ESP LTD M-1007B ET (one of 150 Evertune exclusive models)

Gear I’m looking for
- Mesa Triple Rectifier Rev F (black face/chrome chassis)
- New ESP or LTD models if they’re my style

My first gear acquisition of 2022 is on its way: my Headfirst Cali 50w! Very excited about this amp. Jason was awesome and just posted a video of my exact amp that he recorded before it left Australia, check it out below.

Otherwise, I've been selling so far to make room for some microphones, recording gear, and a few things coming through later this year. Specifically, I've got a Friedman Naked Mk III on order and I'm definitely going to pick up the Friedman "Classic Line" Van Halen Plexi if it drops this year.

Oh and I've been paying for repairs... I've had three guys sell me broken amps in the last few months (two I believe were intentional -- i.e., they knew it was broken when they shipped it -- and the other I think the guy was just an idiot and didn't realize a feature on the amp wasn't working correctly). My Rev F Dual Rectifier also got messed up in my move and I had to have that repaired too. Bummer but it can all be fixed :)

Last edited:
I have a Skervesen 4AP Custom build I started last April, it’s getting close to complete.
I’ve really been eyeballing the PRS S2 594 variants and I find myself looking for another Diezel Hagen almost everyday, so will probably add the Hagen back at some point.

Got a Mesa cab on the way, and then there’s this:

730F0AEF-48E0-42F2-98EE-EDBE9C5A39CA.jpeg

Which is basically the only hard jones I’ve had in the last year. Been low key GAS since it came out in like 2017, but I had other stuff I wanted first.

Other than that, nothing. I’m pretty set with gear.

NOS tubes, IKR rabbit hole. I am good on gear for now but wouldn't mind seeing what GOOD tubes can do for my amps...

Its never planned for me! Spontaneous GAS is how I roll. With that said, I need to stay the hell away from here.
That kind of gas is dangerous. I try to plan out methodically any gear for the year so I don’t go off on a tangent. I’m always scared I’ll buy something I’ll never play

Going to pick up a Marshall 1987X, Suhr SL67, or something similar hopefully by March. That is about it at the moment.

There’s an 87x in the Id rather have a house thread in the classifieds FYI
Haha! I reached out to them last night. Waiting on a reply. Not sure they want to ship though and it is 10 hours away from me.

Haha! I reached out to them last night. Waiting on a reply. Not sure they want to ship though and it is 10 hours away from me.
5 hours in the middle for each is 10 hours round trip. Depending on shipping quotes it might be worth meeting up! GL man!

Stop buying stuff and play more lol Maybe add a greenback-loaded 4x12 if I can figure out where to put it.

Oh and finish the amp builds I have all the parts for.

Back