Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups question for those who use them.

I'm new to the aldrich as well, just installed a 50mm in a les paul custom and a 53mm in a strat. I've got a very similar take in looking at the DC I thought it might be too hot for the lpc but found it far less hairy than I expected. It gives me the oomph I was missing with the custombucker, but not too much. In the strat it does exactly what I thought it would. Im morr of a neck or neck mid guy on a strat, bridge single coil just does nothing for me. The aldrich fattens up the bridge tone of the strat but still very clear and articulate. Sounds great in both guitars to my ears.

I have the Aldrich bridge pickup in my LP Standard set about 2/32" from the strings. Some say it's like a JB with less highs blended with a nice PAF.
Not sure about that, but I like it a lot.
I'm done swapping pickups in this guitar although I have it paired with a Gibson Burstbucker Pro neck Pickup. I may grab an Aldrich neck Pickup.

My other favorite pickup is the Tremonti treble and the SC250 set is great.

I've had a lot of pickups in this LP. WCR Goodwood, Motor City Torque, Rio Grande BBQ and more!

Anyone try the Suhr Aldrich neck Pickup and how it compares to the BB Pro neck?

I have the Aldrich bridge pickup in my LP Standard set about 2/32" from the strings. Some say it's like a JB with less highs blended with a nice PAF.
Not sure about that, but I like it a lot.
I'm done swapping pickups in this guitar although I have it paired with a Gibson Burstbucker Pro neck Pickup. I may grab an Aldrich neck Pickup.

My other favorite pickup is the Tremonti treble and the SC250 set is great.

I've had a lot of pickups in this LP. WCR Goodwood, Motor City Torque, Rio Grande BBQ and more!

Anyone try the Suhr Aldrich neck Pickup and how it compares to the BB Pro neck?
I have both in my 2020 Les Paul Standard and feel they compliment each other well. I felt if I'm going with the Aldrich in the bridge I might as well do the neck too. The neck pickup is full sounding and has good sustain. The Burstbucker neck sounded good too. But I went with the Aldrich since I got a really good deal on the pair. I don't think you'll be disappointed in it if you decide to put one in your Paul.

Thanks bro on theSuhr neck bucker.
Its fairly expensive for a neck Pickup I rarely use, so I have to consider that...

How much better than thrGibson pickup would you say? I like the other Gibson neck pickup, the 490R, I could try.

Which did you have?

Thanks bro on theSuhr neck bucker.
Its fairly expensive for a neck Pickup I rarely use, so I have to consider that...

How much better than thrGibson pickup would you say? I like the other Gibson neck pickup, the 490R, I could try.

Which did you have?
Not sure exact model neck Pickup it was but it is whatever they put in the 2020 Standard. To be honest I could have been fine leaving that stock neck pickup in there but I got such a great deal on the Aldrich set and I just went with it. Like you I'm not on the neck Pickup very often anyway.

Thanks, I may play around with the neck Pickup height and see what I think. I rarely use it as you said. Maybe some clean work combined with thr bridge, and once in a while on its own. But I often think, with the right neck Pickup, I may like it.

I think pickups change the tone slightly. The sound of the our guitar still plays a big part. Although with my LP Standard people used to say how vintage it sounded with these Wolfetone PAF pickups I once used. So obviously pickups play a role.

The difference is minor....

Back