I think it’s about Time RT evaluated the future of Guitar Rigs

Flavatrocious

So I guess what we’re all looking at and what’s staring us in the face is the “future” of guitar amplification.

All of these modelers and the resources diminishing for amps…

Anyone else think about this?

I haven’t gigged as much as others on the forum but I won’t play a venue that won’t let me play my tube amps above 0.5. If I can’t get the volume above 2.5 I won’t bother playing.

I also prefer to play with hard hitting drummers. When I did play out with my drummer we were loud period. I have the hearing loss to prove it. BUT we loved it and the crowd liked it.

I haven’t gigged as much as others on the forum but I won’t play a venue that won’t let me play my tube amps above 0.5. If I can’t get the volume above 2.5 I won’t bother playing.

I also prefer to play with hard hitting drummers. When I did play out with my drummer we were loud period. I have the hearing loss to prove it. BUT we loved it and the crowd liked it.

Live music isn't really live music if you aren't keeping a rolling train on the rails.

So I guess what we’re all looking at and what’s staring us in the face is the “future” of guitar amplification.

All of these modelers and the resources diminishing for amps…

Anyone else think about this?
I'm not sure what you mean by resources diminishing for amps. There's no way I'm ever going away from having an actual amp and cab. There's something about it that I just don't feel in modelers. Don't get me wrong, modern modelers sound great. I did meet a touring live sound guy who was like me but now has come to embrace the silent stage and swears by Kempers. He started selling his gear and I got his Mesa OS because of it. So, I'm all for encouraging you guys to switch to modelers and profilers so I can get your amps/cabs.

The electricity of playing loud as fuck because of the sound and the power you feel playing at those volumes is the greatest
I'm not sure what you mean by resources diminishing for amps. There's no way I'm ever going away from having an actual amp and cab. There's something about it that I just don't feel in modelers. Don't get me wrong, modern modelers sound great. I did meet a touring live sound guy who was like me but now has come to embrace the silent stage and swears by Kempers. He started selling his gear and I got his Mesa OS because of it. So, I'm all for encouraging you guys to switch to modelers and profilers so I can get your amps/cabs.

Tubes bud. The weak link

Tubes bud. The weak link

Not for me, I have enough of them to last this lifetime. And I'm never going back to modelers. I guess if I had a 140C or something I could use a SS amp, but in general, just no. The new, "modern" way of playing guitar (and music for that matter) is completely unappealing to me as well as many listeners. And i'm certainly not a boomer or in an older demographic.

Luddites are the only ones who actually seem to rock anymore.

The new cats are all bitchpickers who use the same tones *shrug*

Technology keeps moving on, but in this case, I think the reason old tech has been relevant in this world is a bit more complicated than "guitarists dont like change"

a. I have enough tubes to last me so I'm not too worried about it.
b. There are thousands, maybe millions, of tubes sitting in cheaper practice amps that people will eventually buy.
c. alcohol.

Is speaking blasphemy about tubes a lynchable offense around here?
No not at all, some killer players doing live gigs with FM3s and FM9s. Just the large majority of us don’t see the purpose of modeling a tube amp when we can just use a tube amp. I don’t need a billion features and captures when I know I like 2203 circuits. I’m done with amps - I don’t need a library of 2000 digital impersonations of them.

I wish I had two shits left to give.
28BB96BF-71CD-40D7-8FB2-AEA939FC040B.jpeg

No there are plenty of dudes here with modeling rigs - no worries.
No not at all, some killer players doing live gigs with FM3s and FM9s. Just the large majority of us don’t see the purpose of modeling a tube amp when we can just use a tube amp. I don’t need a billion features and captures when I know I like 2203 circuits. I’m done with amps - I don’t need a library of 2000 digital impersonations of them.

I didn't mean that seriously guys. lol I think current modelers sound great. I can hear a difference in recordings, but I totally understand the appeal. I'm also the jackass that lugged an 8pc drum set with a ton of cymbals back in the day so I could hit all but 2 toms and 3 cymbals twice during a show. Why downsize when I can have that little bit of extra balls for those few second? Even if it's absolutely terrible for mine and the crews back.

Not all of us want to sell our VH4s, Ultra Leads and SLOs for transistor amps ! :LOL:

Yeah, I could totally make an 8100 or 140C work, if I really had to, but why would I sell my fucking larry ?

Because the future is digital, and im insane for preffering analog??

Back