What was you’re first guitar?

LP Freak

Here’s my Cortez Les Paul from back in ‘81.

596B5180-BBFE-423D-8BD2-F8837FFA57CC.jpeg

my first "real" guitar was a epiphone SG. i still have it buried somewhere, i really should get it together again

I don’t have a picture but get this . Lol my first guitar was a yellow SG standard body with a mirror pick guard . Lol then it had one single coil pick up with a strat neck . I’ll find a picture. Some guy made it. The most insane guitar mongrel lol

Purplish star guitar from Sears. Looked like a Gus G jackson. That was the shape. Gold hardware. Bought it for $110. This was 1986.

Not mine, but exactly like it. Got it when I was 14 or 15. It was a plywood POS, and there's a nonzero chance that my dad found it at the curbside on garbage day. Didn't even have side markers on the fingerboard. Wiring was shitty and I was forever fixing it. Played it for a year or so and then was given an Epi SG for my 16th birthday and never looked back.

deslauriers.jpeg

Bought a Sears single pickup guitar from a friend for 5 bucks. It was a tobacco sunburst I didn’t like so I hand sanded it and stained it brown. That was 82. Then I ”upgraded” to Yakima Les Paul copy.

Reactions: Geo
No Pic but my "first guitar" was a red, rear routed, hardtail straty thing made by dixon.

That's the first one that was mine. Up to that point I played my dad's 78 epeiphone 12 string and his 64 fender duo sonic ii.

Translucent red Kramer Pacer, and still have it 40 years later.
That guitar is gorgeous. The local music store in my hometown had a translucent red Kramer Floyd Rose Signature model that a buddy of mine bought (Circa 1985?) Don’t know if he still has it.

A Kent nylon string that belonged to my dad, red to black sunburst, with mile high action. You guys had it easy !!!

Yea I know... in 8th grade with a big 70's belt on I wasn't looking the part yet, but here's my 1st: A National Telecaster copy. Somebody replaced the neck pickup with a MightyMite that sounded twice as loud and way better than the dented up & rusty bridge pickup... so I removed the bridge pickup and would often do the toggle-switch on/off thing ala Ace Frehley. \:D/

28316_126692310692844_932675_n.jpg

Back